Doctors in HCG Bangalore Institute Of Oncology Speciality Centre
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for HCG Bangalore Institute Of Oncology Speciality CentreYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years lady. Unknowingly I used sonaderm gm on my face since 4 years. I tried to stop it but after stop to use this cream on my face many types of skin problem occurs on my face. Howi should I control it?
Any condition that results in numbness and tingling in the hand and arm caused by a pinched median nerve in the wrist leads to carpel tunnel syndrome. Irritation of the median nerve in this manner causes tingling and numbness of the thumb, index, and the middle fingers.
Symptoms: people mainly experience hand numbness, sensation of pins and needles in hand, hand pain at night, hand weakness/clumsiness (loss of gripping power) or wrist weakness.
1. Phalen sign- tingling in the median nerve distribution is induced by full flexion (or full extension for reverse phalen) of the wrists for up to 60 seconds (this test has 80% specificity).
2. The carpal compression test- this test involves applying firm pressure directly over the carpal tunnel, usually with the thumbs, for up to 30 seconds to reproduce symptoms (this test has specificity of 96%).
All special tests are performed by the physical therapist.
Diagnosis: carpel tunnel syndrome is suspectedly based on symptoms, supported by physical examination signs, and confirmed by nerve conduction testing.
Treatment: mild symptoms usually can be treated with home care.
1. Stop activities that cause numbness and pain. Rest your wrist longer between activities.
2. Ice your wrist for 10 to 15 minutes 1 or 2 times a day along with physiotherapy treatment.
3. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaids) to relieve pain and reduce swelling.
4. Wear a wrist splint at night. This takes pressure off your median nerve.
The sooner you start treatment, the better your chances of stopping symptoms and preventing long-term damage to the nerve.