Doctor in Dr. Muktha PAI ENT Clinic
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Muktha PAI ENT ClinicYour feedback matters!
The doctor was friendly & gave a patient hearing.
very friendly and highly experienced Dr
Does aerotrof f causes sore throat and dry mouth? If it does when does it go away? I have been using it for two days now.
Yesterday morning I woke up feeling dizzy and lightheaded and a little short of breath can you help me please?
My sister is 16 years old she is suffering from senseless problem and severe dizziness and headache. The main problem is senseless. 20 to 30 times senseless in a day all reports test everything is normal. She is on treatment by psychiatrist since 2 year but no improvement. Sir/madam please help me how to solve this problem. We lost many money in this problem but after all no improvement. Sir/madam please help me what should be done our financial department is not so good. So please help me to find a solution.
My daughter is 4 1/2 years old. She is having throat infection frequently with mucus. Many times I used amoxyllin syrup that time it was stopping and after few days infection is coming. Eating chocolates is the reason for infection.
I have a nose congestion problem since long. Nose and sinus congestion. Ct pns showed deviated nasal septum allergic rhinitis and concha bullosa have taken various treatment please suggest ayurvedic remedy for the same.
Sir muje 3 month se vertigo hai mane mri bi karwa li lakin report normal hai jab m nazar palata ta hu muje vertigo feel hotha hai me imbalance feel karat hu 3 month se medicine kaha raha hu koi aaram nahi ho raha hai ye starting jhukam se hui thi muje february se.
Sir im suffering from wisdom tooth problem, because of that my jaw alignment is disturbed, whenever im trying to pressure my both jaws while eating, im hearing a sound like bone overlap .please take me out of this problem sir.
The tonsils are soft tissue masses which are located at the back of your throat, usually at the pharynx. The tonsils are masses which are part of the lymphatic system that helps fight infections. However, tonsils can themselves become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. Tonsillectomy is a procedure to remove the tonsils and relieve pain.
Why is tonsillectomy performed?
A few decades back, tonsillectomy was a routine surgery performed to relieve any pain within the tonsils. This method of treatment, however, has changed over the past few decades as pain medications for inflammation have improved vastly. However, tonsillitis is still performed in many cases wherein it tends to cause acute problems. Some of the cases it is applicable in are:
- Chronic bad breath problems caused by recurrent inflammation of the tonsils
- Recurrent sore throats caused by tonsillitis
- It is also done along with dental surgery for correcting teeth with imperfect positioning
- Abscess formation in the mouth
- Upper airway being obstructed due to inflammation, thus causing difficulty with sleeping, snoring, or causing sleep apnea (irregular breathing during sleep)
- Ear infections being regularly caused by inflammation of the tonsils
Other reasons why it may be recommended
Tonsillectomy may be also be recommended when there are no indications of problems but tonsillitis and other infections keep cropping up too regularly. This affects children and can make them sick or keep them in pain regularly. Some of these other indications are mentioned below:
- Tonsil infections and inflammations happening too frequently within a year
- Tonsillitis is caused by bacterial infection wherein the antibiotics aren’t effective
- Formation of pus in the form of an abscess within or around the tonsils which keep forming even after repeated drainage or administering antibiotics
Possible complications and risks
Like any other form of surgery, tonsillectomy has certain risks associated with it as well. However, these are very rare. Some of these risks and complications are mentioned as follows –
- Swelling of the mouth: The tongue and the soft palate or the roof of the mouth may swell, resulting in breathing difficulties an few hours after the surgery.
- Infection: As is the case with any surgery, infections may occur in rare cases, which may require further treatment.
- Adverse reactions to anesthetics: Many patients exhibit an adverse reaction to anesthetics and may develop symptoms such as a headache, nausea, muscle soreness and frequent vomiting.
- Bleeding during surgery or healing: Although it is rare, bleeding during and after surgery has been reported after all sorts of procedures and it may occur with tonsillectomy as well.