Doctor in Dr.Anjana N Ramamurthy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr.Anjana N RamamurthyYour feedback matters!
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
I am a 25 year old man. Sir from yesterday I have lite fever. It comes and goes. Which tablet you will recommend.
Good evening doctor, while having intercourses with my partner sperm come out to early (2 to 3 minutes) I can’t able satisfy my partner, pls suggest medicine.
Hello, I noticed that most of the time after I had sex with my partner, the next day I have difficulty in urinating. It's painful and I have a frequent urge to urinate and increase of time to urinate. What is the cause of this and how can I treat this?
How to get rid of regular cold and fever or in other words how to boost immunity? Please suggest me.
I sense little itching near my anal area. Itching last only if its wet due to sweat. I have also sometime seen blood coming out when I poop, tht is very rare not always.
I cannot pull back my penis more it slightly get pull when penis is erect and when I touch penis foreskin it little hurt so I feel scare if it is problem arise during the sex.
Open heart surgery is a complicated heart procedure. Howeevr, it is still an important surgical procedure to fix critical heart ailments.
- The Coronary Artery Bypass Graft or CABG is one of the frequently performed procedures in the open-heart surgery space. This is a procedure that is related to fixing the blocked arteries of the heart. A study conducted by the National Institutes of Health revealed that most patients who had undergone CABG become angina-free within a span of five years.
- Many hospitals refuse to share any data related to the surgery. It makes sense to run a background check on the surgeon who is scheduled to perform the procedure. Society of Thoracic Surgery lists all doctors and the number of procedures they have performed in this space.
- This is one of the few surgeries where a doctor needs to make a deep incision close to 2-2.5 inch through the breastbone to separate muscle and get access to the heart.
- The recent trend is that the doctor can achieve the same result with beating heart CABG where heart does not need to be stopped just to avoid the complications of heart lung machine Once the procedure is over, the doctor closes the incision made through the breastbone with sternal wires. Subsequently, the patient is taken off from the heart-lung machine.
- The patient might find himself tangled with many tubes as he wakes for the first time after the surgery. These wires take the fluid out of the body. They serve as a temporary pacemaker for the patient.
- It is important to get a clarification from the surgeon as to from which location of the body would the veins be taken from to perform CABG. Most doctors prefer the vein from the leg.
- The patient is kept in an ICU for a couple of days before he is shifted to the general ward where he spends close to a couple of weeks before he is released. After the patient gets home, the typical recovery time for the patient is approximately 6-8 weeks.
- One has to usually deal with heightened emotions after an open-heart surgery.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a program of exercise and education to increase awareness among patients about chronic lung conditions. Chronic lung conditions that may necessitate such programs are chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pulmonary fibrosis etc.
The aim of such a program is to help patients rebuild strength and lead a more vigorous life. For pregnant women, pulmonary problems can endanger both the mother and the child. This is why, in the case of pregnant women suffering from chronic pulmonary problems like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pulmonary fibrosis etc., Pulmonary Rehabilitation is necessary. This can improve their lung function and help them carry their pregnancy better.
Relevant classes are held in groups. Patients get the chance to meet others suffering from similar lung conditions. They can discuss among themselves and get emotional support. The skills learned and knowledge acquired in such settings can help in managing chronic lung diseases. Patients may enhance their level of fitness. They can learn to exercise their lungs and keep their muscles more active. This may ensure better fostering for the fetus.
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Team and Venue
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is administered by a team consisting of nurses, doctors, physical therapists, exercise specialists, respiratory therapists, and dietitians. These health professionals can together customize rehab programs that meet individual needs. So pregnant patients are offered rehabilitation differently compared to other patients.
It is an outpatient procedure and may be conducted in a hospital setting or a clinic. One can also avail it at home, if her condition so necessitates it.
For Whom Is It Ideal
Doctors recommend Pulmonary Rehabilitation for patients who suffer from lung conditions that precipitate frequent shortness of breath episodes. These patients may not be able to perform regular activities efficiently despite taking medicines. Although most patients in such rehab programs suffer from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, other chronic lung conditions that may limit breathing and activity may also precipitate the need for such programs.
Tests Carried Out During the Program
One of the basic tests carried out during the rehabilitation program is the six-minute walk test. This test measures the percentage of oxygen in the blood. The therapist assists patients to undergo this test during the rehabilitation program. It shows how much oxygen one may need during different activities or exercises. The therapist then guides individuals through different exercises and use of oxygen during those exercises.
Rehab at Home
The program can be carried out at home, too. However, this is possible only after going through the classes and learning tips about exercising. Since it is an educational program for people with lung disease, it augurs well to take peer support and therapy support in a hospital setting initially and also at times. In between, routine activities can be conducted at home. However, pregnant women need to keep their gynecologists in the loop about various exercises advised by the therapists.
Breathlessness is common during pregnancy. This is why following an exercise regime is one of the more apt ways for pregnant women to control pulmonary or respiratory complications. This will also help for those women who are suffering from any pulmonary disease to lower the chance of getting affected by it. These exercises will calm the nervous system and lower the stress level of the mind.