Doctor in Carewell Clinic
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Allergy & related Disorders
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Constipation
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Arthritis
Treatment of Infertility
Treatment of Eye Burning
Management of Menopausal Disorders
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Colitis
Submit a review for Carewell ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Payal has always been patient in listening to my problems. Her treatment helped my dealing in the hormonal changes my body was going through.Her medicines helped me conceive without any difficulty.
She is a very knowledgeable Ayurvedic doc I have met, very patient in explaining the problem and right diagnosis. Medicines given were easy to take and very good results
Dr. Payal Khandelwal provides answers that are very helpful. Gud
Immunity building or having good immunity is the prime need of parents for children of today's generation. Due to hectic lifestyles, inadequate nutrition, exposure to pollution and physical and mental stress children easily fall prey to recurrent infections. It takes a toll on both their physical, mental health and development leading to absence from school for longer durations.
Common health issues faced by children:
Lack of concentration and memory.
Infections like chronic cough and cold, influenza, digestive problems taking place in a recurrent manner.
Physical and mental stress
Headaches and lack of sleep
Recurrent use of higher doses of medicines makes their immunity further weak and they get caught in the vicious circle of illness and medicine.
Is there any answer to the above problems? Definitely yes - It is Suvarnaprashan!
What is Suvarnprashan?
Suvarnprashan refers to a unique Ayurvedic remedy, which has been clinically tested and proven to give a boost in immunity and intellect among children. This is usually given to children who are aged between 0-16 years in the form of drops.
There are numerous benefits of Suvarnprashan, which help children to lead a healthy and productive life.
It helps to increase immunity
It assists in the promotion of good physical and mental health.
Improves digestion and physical strength.
Intake of Suvarnprashan helps to improve attention span among children, their memory along with the ability to learn.
Irritability, temper tantrums, attention deficits, and psychosomatic problems
Prevents recurrent infections
Helpful in children who have delayed milestones of growth
Helps to stimulate a child’s overall development If given regularly, Suvarnaprashan prevents the occurrence of recurrent diseases in children by boosting their physical & mental immunity which is the need of the hour as we all would agree to the fact that ‘Prevention is better than cure’.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease is a condition which leads to enlargement of the ovary and formation of small follicular cysts of 0.5-1.0 cm in diameter. This disease results in hormonal imbalance, leading to the accumulation of mature eggs in the ovary as they cannot be discharged. Now, these kinds of immature follicles are known as cysts. This gives to a vicious cycle, with some cysts giving rise to more cysts and hence it goes on and on.
Let us briefly take a look at the causes and symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
Causes of PCOD :
Kind of diet which one follows including junk food habits, irregular meals, too spicy, salty eating or eating fatty foods, fried foods etc
Stress especially during menstruation
Lack of sleep or irregular sleep schedule
The most common PCOS symptoms are:
Irregular periods: A lack of ovulation prevents the uterine lining from shedding every month. Some women with PCOS get fewer than eight periods a year .
Heavy bleeding: The uterine lining builds up for a longer period of time, so the periods you do get can be heavier than normal.
Acne: Male hormones can make the skin oilier than usual and cause breakouts on areas like the face, chest, and upper back.
Male-pattern baldness: Hair on the scalp get thinner and fall out.
Weight gain: Up to 80 percent of women with PCOS are overweight or obese.
Headaches: Hormone changes can trigger headaches in some women.
Darkening of the skin: Dark patches of skin can form in body creases like those on the neck, in the groin, and under the breasts.
Treatment of polycystic ovarian disease from the perspective of ayurveda
Medicines in Ayurveda help to naturally balance the hormones, thus enabling to regulate the menstrual cycles in a completely natural way. The menstrual cycle improves with a reduction in symptoms. Also associated symptoms like weight gain, issues related to infertility and hair baldness pattern can be taken care of.
A special set of medicines known as Rasayana Therapy is used for chronic patients. It is a unique therapy which has regenerative action on the reproductive system and aims to restore menstrual health, strengthens the tissues of the body, prevents PCOD along with its complications, ultimately leading to an improved quality of life.
Panchakarma Treatments for PCOD
Panchakarma refers to the ultimate mind-body healing experience for getting the body detoxified, strengthen the immune system and hence restore balance and well-being. It is one of the most effective treatments in the field of Ayurvedic Medicine.
Certain treatments include:
Basti – Basti treatments are extremely useful for bringing hormonal balance and detoxifying the body. It also helps to strengthen the reproductive system and regularize the periods.
Yoni picchu and Yoni dhavan – These are local treatment procedures with medicated decoctions and oils. It also forms the part of infertility treatments and treatment for PCOD.
Shirodhara – This helps to get rid of mental stress.
Abhyanga - It is useful in case of physical stress.
Prevention of PCOD through Ayurveda
Ayurveda can help prevent the occurrence of PCOD in the following ways
- Improving lifestyle which is the root cause of PCOD. Healthy food choices like including a lot of vegetables & fruits in the diet
- Regular meal timings and sleep schedule.
- Doing regular exercise for half hr daily like walking, swimming, cycling in open and doing yogasanas as follows:
- Supta Baddhakonasana
- Useful herbal treatments, such as a combination of a quarter teaspoon of Shatavari powder, Guduchi, Methi powder, Gokshur, Triphala powder on a daily basis for 3 times a day helps to regulate menses naturally. Dashmoolarishtam can also be used for reducing symptoms of PCOS.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Sir, I am suffering from stomach pain and diaria since 2 months. My blood has examined completed and no fault was detected. Colonoscopy also done to me and found normal. So kindly what is the cause for my problem.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS is also referred to as an irritable colon that causes a great amount of distress to patients. In Ayurveda, this problem has been known to be the result of irregular diet habits & unhealthy lifestyle. Ayurveda adopts a scientific method to go to the root of the problems, through proper diet, lifestyle maintenance and practicing yoga on a daily basis.
Nowadays, our lifestyle has become devoid of physical activities and filled with stress, hence all these add to the problem even further. Disorders of Gastro-intestine tend to make up close to 65% of the clinical cases and the symptoms are associated with both body and mind.
Causes of Gastrointestinal Problems According to Ayurveda
- Consumption of food during indigestion
- Inconsistent and irregular meal timings
- Taking food even when one is not hungry
- Intake of foods which have contradictory effects on our bodies, like fish & milk, fruits & milk etc.
- Late night eating habits
- Consuming water in excess amount i.e. beyond needed
- Eating in an extremely hurried manner
- Keeping fast for long periods of time
- Regularly consuming foods which are heavy to digest
- Intake of foods that have become stale or have remained inside the refrigerator on a regular basis.
- Taking oily, spicy, fermented and preserved food on a regular basis.
- Intake of beverages like tea and coffee in excess amount.
- The habit of going off to sleep immediately after meals.
- Having the tendency to consume excess of non-veg food and also of smoking and drinking.
- To hold up one’s natural urges in the form of urine, passing of bowels, vomiting etc & instead consume food
- Physical and mental stress.
- Keeping oneself awake till late at night and disturbed sleep.
- Sedentary lifestyle & lack of hygienic food / water
The symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome include:
- Constipation and diarrhea in alteration, as a result of a change in bowel habits
- A cramped feeling in the abdomen, which gets relieved after emptying the bowels
- Abdomen gets swollen
- Mucus in the stool.
- Excessive gas formation
- There is always an urgent need to go to the toilet
- A feeling as if you need to pass bowels even when you have just gone to the toilet.
- There is a feeling that the bowel has not been fully emptied.
Symptoms Related to Even More Serious Situation
- Bleeding from the rectum
- Pain in the abdomen mainly during the night
- Loss of weight.
- Chronic Diarrhoea
- Feeling as if there is mass or fullness in the lower, right side of the abdomen
- Bloated stomach and cramps.
The approach of Ayurveda towards IBS
Ayurveda has a preventive, curative & corrective approach
to provide complete physical & mental health care and prevent complications of IBS. It aims at:
- Restoring the normal functions of the digestive system
- Eliminating the toxins that have accumulated in the body & improving appetite & bowel functions
- Regeneration of the Gastrointestinal system & prevent inflammation.
- Healing of the physical & mental self-causing improvement in the related symptoms like anxiety, pain, discomfort & lack of focus etc.
Rasayana Treatment for IBS
Rasayana refers to the formulations used for treatment with benefits like:
- The blood circulation of GI tract gets improved
- Cells get rejuvenated
- Secretion of digestive juices is caused that helps to improve appetite and digestion.
- Immunity of Gastrointestinal tract is increased, which helps to prevent diseases from affecting it.
- It helps to guard against complications and recurrence of the disease in the future.
Management of Lifestyle:
Lifestyle can be managed through Ayurveda in the following manner:
- Consume only freshly cooked and light food
- Take food only when you feel hungry
- Have fresh fruits and vegetables on a daily basis.
One’s daily food items must-haves like Jowar, Bittergourd, Moongdal, Pumpkin, Pomegranate, Gooseberry, Pudina, Turmeric, Coriander, Cumin seeds, Hing, Coconut, Rock Salt, Cow Ghee, Cow Milk, Fresh Buttermilk. All these help to prevent diseases from affecting the Gastro-intestine.
- Make sure to drink lukewarm water boiled with little ajwain & a pinch of dry ginger powder after each meals as it helps in the proper digestion of food.
- Take a walk for 10 -15 mins after each meal
- Regular exercise is a must for at least half an hour
- Practice Yoga like Shavasana, Matsyasana, Dhanurasana, Halasana, Pavanmuktasana and Suryanamaskar for relief from problems of IBS and constipation.
- Improve overall health of Gastro-Intestine by doing Ardhamatsyendrasana, Mayurasana, Trikonasana, Dhanurasana, Bhuajangasana, Halasana and Usthrasana.
Things that you need to avoid
- Avoid having very hot and spicy food
- Do not drink excess tea or coffee
- Do not indulge in physical or mental stress
- Do not keep a negative approach
- Do not drink excess water in the morning
- Completely avoid a lifestyle where there is no activity involved or it is irregular in nature.
- The habit of smoking and consumption of alcohol must be avoided.
- Sleeping in the afternoon especially post meals must be avoided, so is staying awake till late at night.
Other than these health basic tips it is important that you must consult a trained Ayurvedic practitioner at the first signs of the problem.
Ayurveda takes into account the complete body constitution along with the potential to get to the root cause of all these types of diseases and treat them once and for all, instead of only giving treatment on the basis of symptoms, as it is a holistic form of treatment. Personalized medicine is our potential which helps to treat chronic conditions. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My age is 24, I am suffering from breast cancer. May be in 2nd stage, discharge from nipple and bleeding. What should I do?
Garbhasanskar is a very unique concept of ayurveda since it promotes complete well being of the foetus and the mother. It focuses on physical, mental & spiritual health of the baby and the pregnant mother.
What does it include?
1) complete regime for pregnant mother as to what she should eat, how her routine must be and what she should do for healthy pregnancy.
2) importance of mental & spiritual well being.
3) monthly medicines for healthy growth of the baby. The medicines are given as per the development of the organs and systems in the baby. It is called masanumasik (monthly regime of medicines)
5) tips & medicines regarding general health and prevention of common health issues is given.
Garbhasanskar is a complete package for prevention of diseases and maintenance of good physical & mental health during pregnancy & post delivery.
Suvarnaprasha is given on pushyanakshatra day of every month.
1) increases immunity
2) promotes mental health
3) improves digestion
4) improves vigour
5) prevents recurrence of infections diseases
6) stimulates child's overall physical development
7) helpful in children who have delayed milestones of growth
If given regularly, suvarnaprasha prevents the recurrence of diseases in children by boosting their physical & mental immunity which is the need of the hour as we all would agree to the fact that" prevention is better than cure.
Suvarnaprasha is given on pushyanakshatra day of every month.