Submit a review for Bangalore Allergy CenterYour feedback matters!
Asthma is a condition characterized by wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma is a common disease that affects children, teenagers and adults alike. Depending on what triggers an asthmatic attack, asthma can be categorized as four types. These are:
- Allergic asthma: This sort of asthma usually begins in childhood and is caused by the overproduction of immunoglobulins as a reaction to the allergen. This type of asthma can also be passed on from one generation to another through genes.
- Infective asthma: This is caused by viral bronchial or upper respiratory tract infections. It is not hereditary.
- Emotional asthma: Some cases of asthma can be triggered by psychological factors such as stress, grief or anxiety. However, it is not clear if this is the sole trigger for asthma.
- Occupational asthma: Exposure to metallic dusts, biological detergents, polyurethane, etc. can also trigger asthmatic attacks. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma.
A homeopath will not only determine the type of asthma, but will also delve into a detailed medical history of the patient before prescribing medication. Some forms of homeopathic medication that can be used to treat asthma are:
- Lpecac: This is used to treat asthma in cases where the difficulty breathing is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness over the chest, dyspnoea, constant coughing with no expectoration and cold perspiration. It is often aggravated by motion.
- Arsenicum: Asthmatic attacks that begin in the middle of the night and are accompanied by restlessness and anguish can be treated with arsenicum. This is especially beneficial in cases of chronic asthma in elderly people and habitual dyspnoea.
- Nux vomica: This is used mainly to treat asthmatic attacks triggered by gastric troubles or be excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. A constricted feeling around the lower part of the chest is another symptom of this type of asthma.
- Kali bichromicum: Asthmatic attacks that wake a patient up in the wee hours of the morning compelling him to sit up, in order to be able to breathe can be treated with Kali bichromicum. A stringy yellow mucus expectoration is another symptom of this type of asthma. It can also be used as an effective form of treatment for asthmatic attacks caused by nervousness.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This is used to treat asthmatic attacks caused by a change in weather. In such cases, the asthmatic attack is accompanied by diarrhea and greenish expectoration. It is usually worst in the early mornings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am consulting a psychiatrist, I only had/have attitude problem to not to go to a job and was adjudged with Schizophrenia, given long term medication. But I don't have hallucination. I strongly feel I am judged wrongly with hallucination/schizophrenia. Can I go for another opinion?
Sir my friend suffered from asthma in his childhood due to heredity but now he is cured as he says but last few months we are sharing cigrate to each other due to which I fell sour in my throat every time and too much mucus does this is the symptom of asthma I feel irritation in my throat and too much mucus and some gur gur like voice coming out from my throat and sometime from my lungs also I do not know what to do please help me.
I am a 43 year old male suffering from asthma since 1997. Between 2013-2015 I was regularly on high doses of steroids to manage my asthma which I have since reduced. Somewhere around that time I also developed moderate sleep apnea for which I use a CPAP machine. A slight high uric acid content was detected last year with a report from Thyrocare - about 6.9. I also had very low Vitamin D which I managed with supplements and time in the sun. I had developed IBS which I managed with high fiber diet and is now only occasional flares if I eat outside food. In the last 2-3 years my asthma has been difficult to manage but also accompanied by continuous problems of muscle weakness (repeated cramps on small effort) and bone pain. With the steroids I also have put on weight (98 kgs now at a height of 5 feet 9 inches - about 20 kgs overweight) However the body/ bone pain with water eyes and tiredness is impacting my day to day functioning. I am worried that exercising might hurt me easily by mistake so am wary of doing excessive effort. I believe my immunity is also very low which makes me susceptible to infections very quickly and then repeated cycle of wheezing/ asthma - interrupting my exercise efforts. How do I manage to work through this repeated cycle and build a better health? What can I do to improve my situation.
I'm suffering with asthma for more than 15 years. I take octacap inhaler and get temporary relief. Often after taking it for a few days I get normal and stop taking it. Should I continue to take inhaler even though I don't have trouble in breathing?
Our body’s immune system not only determines our general well-being, but also prevents the outbreak of different health conditions and diseases. The immune system protects us from fatal diseases and helps in the repair and rejuvenation of damaged or infected cells.
Immunity can be boosted in several ways and homeopathic medicines are very effective for this purpose. There are many homeopathic medicines, which treat all kinds of health problems, overcome them and improve immunity so that recurrence is prohibited. Here are some top homeopathy medicines, which boost body immunity, along with the situations when they are applicable:
Thuya Occidentalis: This homeopathic medicine is very effective for treating several ailments and boosts immunity as a result. It is used for treating tumors, sinusitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis and myriad types of ear infections.
Baptisia Tinctoria: This provides a high dose of fiber to the body which helps in enhancing immunity. The central nervous system is also treated with this medicine along with conditions, such as malignant sore throat, diphtheria, scarlet fever and pneumonia. Body inflammations, cerebrospinal meningitis, tumors, ulcers and different types of cancer can be treated with this medicine.
Echinacea Angustifolia: This is another popular homeopathic medicine, which strengthens the overall immune system. It effectively helps in fighting different infections and inflammatory conditions.
Echinacea Purpurea: This homeopathic medicine helps in boosting the overall immune system of the body. It is very powerful and effective in fighting and eliminating all types of infections caused due to bacteria and virus.
Apis Mellifica: This homeopathic medicine is used in the treatment of various health conditions. It deals with edema, conjunctivitis, problems in the trachea and pharynx. Ear infections and conditions which occur in the kidney and bladder are also treated with this medicine. It treats several ovarian disorders too.
Gelsemium Sempervirens: This medicine helps in relieving migraines. It helps the occipital nerves and treats meningitis, drooping eyelids, paralysis and myocardial infarction. Problems related to the peripheral nervous system and menstruation are also treated with the same.
Ginseng: It is used to treat all types of deficiency diseases. This medicine helps in strengthening the lungs and provides nourishment to body fluids. The peripheral nerves are relaxed and heart weakening diseases are treated. Sexual organs are stimulated by this medicine too, which leads to increased libido.
Homeopathy is an excellent way to augment the immunity of the body, without worrying about side effects. Homeopathic medicines can eliminate a disease gradually from its roots, and prevent recurrence too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 of the many distinct benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: when thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: if thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively to lower the heart rate.
3. Stops a cough: thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for a cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin a, c, manganese, copper, iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Controls pests: thyme is added is a primary ingredient to many pesticides for controlling pests, viruses and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and they will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: the diuretic properties of thyme oil help in removal of toxins that consequently betters the circulation and cures rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart of its stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Eliminates gases: thyme is an effective carminative agent and pushes gases downward towards their elimination.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have dust allergy and which is dormant since last 3 months. Suddenly started again with frequent sneezing and which inning nose. What is the reason for this.
She's having allergy from every type of smell (good or bad ), every time when there's any smell around her, she starts sneezing continuously until she get rid off smell around her. Can you please suggest something or at least some precautions.
Good morning My family members are infected by chicken pox and I want to know that what medicine /prevention should I take from getting infected Please reply I will be very much thankful to you.
67 years old father. Having problem of allergic asthma. diabetes.n severe cough. Dr. said. Lungs are working only 30% so v r just maintaining. Sugar is in control. Actual problem is cough is not healing. Long time has gone. Suggest me a better advice. N some precaution wht should not eat seriously. N what to eat.
Sir ,my daughter is suffering from skin allergy (hives) from past 2 months. I shown to skin doctor and he prescribed anti allergy Tablets and moisture lotion. Once medicines stopped the allergy is coming back. finally doctor advise take cbc blood test. Urine routine test, TSH test ,isnophil count test and stool test. All reports came normal except TSH .The serum TSH is 58.08 .what is cause of allergy? And treatment to be taken? Why TSH is came that much high in this small age?
My brother suffering from chicken pox. Madam any ointment available in chicken pox? Acyclovir ointment is safe?
Asthma is defined in a number of ways, and can be brought on from various sources, but one thing is clear across all cases – excess mucus lining in the respiratory tracts does not do any favors for someone suffering from asthma(अस्थमा का इलाज). Therefore, home remedies to cut through this excess mucus and reduce inflammation in the airways is essential. Turmeric, along with its powerful active ingredient, allicin, is able to do this incredibly efficiently, while also boosting the health of the immune system with its high antioxidant content. Adding turmeric to your meals, or drinking turmeric decoctions, is highly effective.
If you are looking for an effective immunity boost in your body, you should choose Ayurveda and undertake
Ayurvedic procedures and remedies. Good health, according to Ayurveda, involves balancing of your doshas such as vata, pitta and kapha and making sure that your agni or digestive system is working smoothly. There are several Ayurvedic ways using which you will be able to boost your body’s immune system and its capability.
They are as follows:
Keep your immune system in proper balance by eating proper food: A weakened immune system makes you prone to all sorts of illnesses and diseases. In case the immune system becomes overactive, it targets your body’s own tissues, confusing them for foreign invaders and attacks them. Your diet is very important for balancing this fighting response within your body. If your body gets the right nutrients and eliminates toxins effectively, the immune system gets strengthened. You should consume leafy vegetables, whole grain, nuts, legumes and highly pigmented food.
Detox: According to Ayurveda, ama is a primary factor, which leads to the development of diseases. Ama is the name of stored toxins in Sanskrit language and if your body has unhealthy ama, an environment is created where invaders thrive. Ama may occur due to both mental and physical indigestion. Ama and indigestion prevent essential nutrients from reaching your tissues, which weaken your immune function. You need to detoxify your body at regular intervals if you have unhealthy eating habits or get exposed to harmful environmental toxins.
Keep your agni strong: The digestive system or agni is very important for your health and it highly influences your immunity and immune system capability. The ability of digestion, assimilation and absorption of nutrients by the body also determines your immune strength. If your agni gets impaired because of an imbalance within the tridosha, your metabolism is affected, which weakens the immune system and body’s natural resistance. Eating food items which are harmful for the digestive system leads to excess ama formation. A toxic environment is created in the body. This factor interferes with the natural intelligence of every cell which is encoded with the will of living healthy and working as a whole, together. Ayurveda aims at restoring this intelligence factor. You can boost your agni by consuming hot water and ginger tea regularly.
Yoga and meditations are important for boosting immunity, according to Ayurvedic traditions. Yoga and meditation help in reducing stress and positively affect your immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Seasonal allergies are usually characterized by sneezing, coughing and other allergic reactions. Also known as hay fever and allergic rhinitis, the condition tends to appear only during certain seasons of the year. The disease is triggered by changes in the weather and exposure to certain allergens like dust. The allergens cause the body to release histamine into the blood thus, resulting in symptoms of allergy.
The symptoms of seasonal allergy are:
- Congestion in the nose
- You may experience a blocked and runny nose
- You may have an itchy nose
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall well-being. The various Ayurvedic remedies for treating seasonal allergies are:
- Restrict Dairy Intake: You need to cut dairy out of your diet as dairy products have all the characteristics of a cold food. They tend to create imbalance in the “kapha” dosha in the body, thus leading to various diseases.
- Ayurvedic Detox: Consider doing an Ayurvedic detoxification to cleanse the body of the various toxins. It helps in smoothing out the “dosha” balance and hence improves your overall well-being.
- Nasya: This process requires you to put drops of medicated oils inside your nostrils. This lubricates the nasal cavity and prevents the allergens from causing an allergic reaction in the body.
- Eat More Warm Foods: Try to eat warm and cooked foods as much as possible. Eating frozen foods is not recommended as the nutrients from the food may not be absorbed properly owing to a weak digestive system which may be the result of a bout of severe seasonal allergies. Include foods such as soups and porridge and you have a perfect dish to gorge on.
- Exercise on a Regular Basis: Make sure you exercise on a regular basis to improve your fitness levels and also to keep a check on your weight. Certain “yoga” poses such as the downward dog and the cobra help to improve the digestive process. Add cardio workouts such as running and swimming to improve the health of the lungs.
- Add Spices: Add spices to your cooking such as turmeric or garlic as they help in rejuvenating the respiratory system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi. I am 38 and had chicken pox 2. Weeks back and I am still having scabs on the skin which are dried and about to shed. Please suggest which is the best skin cream for the pox marks to make the scar marks fade.
Immune system boosters
Feeding your body certain foods may help keep your immune system strong. If you're looking for ways to prevent winter colds and the flu, your first step should be a visit to your local grocery store. Plan your meals to include these powerful immune system boosters.
1. Citrus fruits
Most people turn to vitamin C after they've caught a cold. That’s because it helps build up your immune system. Vitamin C is thought to increase the production of white blood cells. These are key to fighting infections.
Popular citrus fruits include:
2. Red bell peppers
If you think citrus fruits have the most vitamin C of any fruit or vegetable, think again. Ounce for ounce, red bell peppers contain twice as much vitamin C as citrus. They’re also a rich source of beta carotene. Besides boosting your immune system, vitamin C may help maintain healthy skin. Beta carotene helps keep your eyes and skin healthy.
Broccoli is supercharged with vitamins and minerals. Packed with vitamins A, C, and E, as well as many other antioxidants and fiber, broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables you can put on your table. The key to keeping its power intact is to cook it as little as possible
Garlic is found in almost every cuisine in the world. It adds a little zing to food and it's a must-have for your health. Early civilizations recognized its value in fighting infections
Ginger is another ingredient many turn to after getting sick. Ginger may help decrease inflammation, which can help reduce a sore throat and other inflammatory illnesses. Ginger may also help decrease nausea. While it's used in many sweet desserts, ginger packs some heat in the form of gingerol, a relative of capsaicin. Ginger may help decrease chronic pain and may possess cholesterol-lowering properties
Spinach made our list not just because it's rich in vitamin C. It's also packed with numerous antioxidants and beta carotene, which may increase the infection-fighting ability of our immune systems. Similar to broccoli, spinach is healthiest when it’s cooked as little as possible so that it retains its nutrients. However, light cooking enhances its vitamin A and allows other nutrients to be released from oxalic acid.
Look for yogurts that have "live and active cultures" printed on the label, like Greek yogurt. These cultures may stimulate your immune system to help fight diseases. Try to get plain yogurts rather than the kinds that are preflavored and loaded with sugar. You can sweeten plain yogurt yourself with healthy fruits instead.
Yogurt can also be a great source of vitamin D, so try to select brands fortified with vitamin D. Vitamin D helps regulate the immune system and is thought to boost our body’s natural defenses against diseases.
When it comes to preventing and fighting off colds, vitamin E tends to take a backseat to vitamin C. However, vitamin E is key to a healthy immune system. It’s a fat-soluble vitamin, meaning it requires the presence of fat to be absorbed properly. Nuts, such as almonds, are packed with the vitamin and also have healthy fats. A half-cup serving, which is about 46 whole, shelled almonds, provides nearly 100 percent of the recommended daily amount of vitamin E.
You may know turmeric as a key ingredient in many curries. But this bright yellow, bitter spice has also been used for years as an anti-inflammatory in treating both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
10. Green tea
Both green and black teas are packed with flavonoids, a type of antioxidant. Where green tea really excels is in its levels of epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG, another powerful antioxidant. EGCG has been shown to enhance immune function. The fermentation process black tea goes through destroys a lot of the EGCG. Green tea, on the other hand, is steamed and not fermented, so the EGCG is preserved.
Green tea is also a good source of the amino acid L-theanine. L-theanine may aid in the production of germ-fighting compounds in your T-cells.
Papaya is another fruit loaded with vitamin C. You can find 224 percent of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C in a single papaya. Papayas also have a digestive enzyme called papain that has anti-inflammatory effects.
Papayas have decent amounts of potassium, B vitamins, and folate, all of which are beneficial to your overall health.
Like papayas, kiwis are naturally full of a ton of essential nutrients, including folate, potassium, vitamin K, and vitamin C. Vitamin C boosts white blood cells to fight infection, while kiwi’s other nutrients keep the rest of your body functioning properly.