Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Apollo Hospital-Bannerghatta roadYour feedback matters!
During winters I'm having dry cough especially during night can you suggest me how to become free from coughing.
My gf is 20 years old .I fingered my gf after touching my penis (i cummed in the condom outside, didn't had sex 15 mins before) but rubbed my hands with besdsheet and fingered her after some time (about 3 to 4 min. Is there any chance that she could be pregnant.
I have been sleeping almost 9 hours everyday still after getting up in the morning I feel tired and sleepy the whole day. I sometimes skip breakfast because of my college. What could be the reason behind this?
Peyronie’s disease is a disorder that occurs due to the development of fibrous scar tissue inside the penis, which usually causes injury to the penis. Men who have a penis which is severely bent are considered to have Peyronie’s disease. The men suffering from Peyronie’s disease may also experience painful erection which in turn may affect the sexual health and performance.
What causes Peyronie’s disease?
The exact cause of Peyronie’s disease is still unknown; however, it is believed that it may be a result of repetitive injury to the penis. People with family history of Peyronie’s disease are at a higher risk for developing the same. Aging is also believed to contribute to the development of the disease.
Symptoms of Peyronie’s disease
The symptoms of the Peyronie’s disease may appear gradually or suddenly and the main symptoms include the following:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Scar tissue
- Pain in the penis
- Shortening of the penis
The penile pain is felt by men without or with an erection. It takes about 1 to 2 years for the pain to reduce during erections, but the curvature remains. In very rare cases, the pain associated with the Peyronie’s disease and curvature improve without any treatment.
Effective natural herbal treatments for Peyronie’s disease
Castor oil: Apply castor oil on the penis, particularly on the scar tissue and the plaque spots. The oil liquefies and softens the hard tissues and works effectively for the sufferers. The remedy takes about 12 weeks for the improvement and to completely straighten the penis. The result may vary from individual to individual. Also, it may take between 2-3 weeks until you see a difference in the appearance of the penis. Ensure you buy castor oil from a good brand and massage a small amount of the oil on the affected area. Then put a cotton bandage on it. Apply the oil every night at bedtime for best results.
Acetyl-L-carnitine: One can use carnitine supplements as they are very effective and safe for treating Peyronie’s disease. You can purchase Acetyl-L-carnitine from health food stores. This has proven to be more effective than the counterparts available in the market. The dosage for the supplement is provided on the bottle.
Gotu Kola: Use herbs like Gotu Kola as they help decrease the problems related to the formation of fibrous tissue below the skin. The herb is useful in the treatment of the curvature of the penis. It is made available in the form of an ointment, capsule, and tincture. Some of the common side-effects associated with the consumption of gotu kola include headache, dizziness, upset stomach, and nausea. This herb in some cases can also interact with certain diabetes and cholesterol-lowering medications. Therefore, it is always advised to consult a specialist before using gotu kola for the treatment of Peyronie’s disease.
The prevalence of Peyronie’s disease occurs in men over the age of 55.It is always better to see the doctor if the curvature of the penis stops you from having sex and causes a lot of pain. For a holistic treatment of your problem, consult here.
Hello. Recently for a job medical certificate, it was found that my husband had high sugar both in his blood and urine (around 400. He had been taken a small tablet dosage for sugar and was also on a diet and exercise. We don't know how this sudden rise happened. Please suggest some ways to bring down the sugar level. It's really urgent.
I am always gastric. I try and avoid all heavy food but inspite of that I feel bloated and gastric what is the remedy? it can be very embarrassing if you keep farting all the time.
My Liver is mildly enlarged and reveals two hypoechoic area measuring 7.4×6.8×6.5 cms (vol 173) & 2.6 × 2.1 × 1.8 cms (vol 5 cc) in right lobe of liver s/o evolving liver abscess. Is this a savior condition and what should I do for it.
Hi I am 16 years old and I am doing masturbation everyday and everyday I have one bought that if I will do the masturbation regularly then my sperm get low or it remained same as it is. And one thing also that by doing masturbation in a day (one time) is it affects on my marriage life. And can I get any problems for doing my own kid So I am confused totally. Is masturbation regularly affects my sperm and my future baby please Help!
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), a medical condition that mainly affects women of reproductive age makes it difficult for them to conceive. In PCOS, there is an elevated production of androgen (especially testosterone) by the ovary. This hormonal imbalance often interferes with the ovulation process (the eggs either don't mature or are not released from the ovary) triggering infertility in the affected woman. While lifestyle changes and timely medical assistance can bring about improvement, switching to a healthy diet is often known to produce fruitful results. In this article, we will discuss the healthy dietary options to deal with PCOS and infertility.
Healthy Diet for PCOS and Infertility
There can be a host of factors that trigger the hormonal imbalance, one being your choice of foods.
Low Glycemic Foods: Foods that come with a high glycemic Index (a glycemic index is a number that determines how rapidly the carbohydrates in our foods are broken down triggering a rise in the blood sugar level) of 70 or more can be extremely harmful. The higher the glycemic index, more will be the blood sugar and level of insulin in the body. The elevated insulin level can wreak havoc, disrupting the hormonal balance to a great extent. Thus, women with PCOS and fertility problems should consume foods that come with a low glycemic index (55 or less). Some of the healthy low glycemic foods include apples, cherries, plums, dried apricots, oranges, grapefruits, pear, almonds, yogurt (low-fat), non-starchy vegetables, whole grains, sesame seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, oats, brown rice, and quinoa, to name a few.
Maintaining a healthy body weight can go a long way to improve the symptoms and complications associated with PCOS. Overeating should be strictly avoided. Instead, opt for smaller meals at regular time intervals. Include high-fiber foods (broccoli, cauliflower) in the diet. Foods rich in minerals (potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium) and vitamins (Vitamin B, C, E, and K), folic acid, can work wonders to alleviate the symptoms of PCOS. Enrich your diet with green leafy vegetables and foods that are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids.
While consuming carbohydrates, make sure your diet also contains protein. Carbohydrates, when taken along with proteins, can avert a sudden rise in the blood sugar level.
Foods to avoid
- In women with PCOS, the testosterone level is relatively higher. Drinking milk will only elevate the testosterone level further with deleterious consequences and is best left avoided.
- Foods that are rich in saturated and Trans fats (BAD FATS) such as meat, processed foods, margarine, doughnuts, dairy products (cream, cheese, butter), cooking oil (coconut oil, palm oil), aerated drinks and beverages, can aggravate the condition of PCOS and should be avoided.
- Soy milk is another unhealthy dietary option for women suffering from PCOS and infertility. Soy milk is known to cause a delay in the ovulation affecting the fertility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
You may lead a busy life and may have the responsibility of a career or a business and may also have to worry about paying up bills and instalments at the end of every month. All in all you may be completely tied up with the monotony of life and may be seeking some relief from all the problems and the only thing that may really come to your mind may be carnal pleasure and not just making yourself happy, but real and energized sex with your romantic partner.
While it may be very exciting to think about indulging in sex and trying out new things with the person you love. A lot of people hear stories and myths about the pain that accompanies sex and often feel apprehensive about getting on with the experience because of the fear of pain. However, when you are ready for your pleasurable experience and need to learn a few things and beat a few myths, it may help if you choose to meet a doctor who may be able help you learn a lot more about the pain.
Myth and facts:
One of the biggest myths that is prevalent in the world of sex is that males experience pain during intercourse, if the vaginal opening is excessively small, which is when the penis may have to be forced inside.
The fact is that vaginal openings are meant to be flexible and can accommodate a regular sized penis without causing much trouble. While you may have to put in some more effort than usual, it is not a painful process.
However, it is also a fact that males do experience pain during intercourse in a lot of cases and the reasons may be completely unrelated to the size of the vaginal opening. A lot of males suffer from different health issues due to which the act of sex becomes a painful one.
The problems and the treatment:
One of the most common problems that a lot of men face is the problem with the foreskin. Some may have issues with the foreskin by birth and others may develop the issues due to other health problems such as diabetes. Another major problem that a lot of males go through may be deformities, where the penis may not be shaped normally and may have a bend or arch because of which penetration during sex may become painful. Other problems that may be a cause for pain during sex in men may be the presence of STDs, allergies or injury. In all cases, it may help to seek the advice of a doctor who may specialize in the field and may be able to give you natural medication such as Ayurvedic solutions and help you come out of the problem.
Lack of sleep can make you feel tired, worn-out and less productive the next day. However, it might not be your fault entirely because the brain tends to become active when the body is at rest, which could be a reason why you aren’t getting enough sleep at night.
Here are a few tips which might be useful for you to sleep at night:
Keep your room dark: Even the faintest light from your mobile is enough to disrupt your sleep. Thus, try and switch off all your lights and gadgets before going to sleep. If doing that doesn’t help either, use an eye mask to keep the light out.
Carefully select your dinner: Don’t go to bed hungry or overstuffed because either of them might cause discomfort while sleeping and lead to a disruption in your sleep. Also, limit your alcohol consumption at night to refrain from making numerous trips to the washroom. Avoid consuming nicotine and caffeine before going to bed as they take a long time to wear off and can cause havoc in your sleep routine.
Don’t exercise before going to bed: Exercising daily is a necessity as it keeps your body healthy and in shape, but exercising right before going to bed can be disruptive as it might make you more pumped up due to the adrenaline rush. Thus, you should avoid exercising heavily right before going to bed.
Plug out all your devices: Create a technology free zone by plugging out all your devices one hour prior to your usual sleep time. The blue light radiated from your devices can trick your brain into believing that it is daylight and cause a disruption in circadian rhythm (which is an ongoing 24-hour physiological process which is regulated by external factors such as sunlight and temperature).
Consume snooze food: Certain food items can be classified as snooze foods as they ensure better sleep at night. Warm milk contains ‘tryptophan’ which is a precursor to melatonin (hormone that is responsible for the onset of sleep) and ensures better sleep or you could have a spoon of honey which releases ‘orexin’ (a chemical that affects wakefulness and appetite) that reduces alertness levels.
After the advent of the internet, the availability of pornography or explicit video material has become widespread. The availability of this material resulted in a large section of the population relying on it for sexual pleasures as well as living their fantasies through the digital realm. Internet porn is the new kid on the block in the world of addiction:
Easy accessibility of porn can give you a quick spike of dopamine through sexual pleasure have resulted in patterns of addiction among many boys and girls. Porn addiction is a phenomenon which has been exacerbated by the easy availability of pornography on the internet. It has not only affected sexual habits such as masturbation, but has also caused hindrances in the daily lives of people and has affecting their relationships.
A brain on porn is similar to a brain on alcohol
While it may seem a bit far-fetched, studies of brain scans have shown that people watching porn experience the same effects or pleasure that alcohol gives them. It is a neural circuit which releases pleasure hormones when you sexually pleasure yourself by masturbating to porn. The reward circuit of the brain recognizes this pattern and starts creating please pathways where you want more of it. As you keep doing it more and more, the resistance level increases and you tend to need more. This is a classic sign of addiction.
Healthy and unhealthy masturbation
Masturbation is a natural and normal process that every human indulges in. However, a brain addicted to porn will use it as an addict uses a substance. Masturbation is the physical act through which the dopamine would be released. Once it has become an addiction, you would either want to have the daily fix for at least a few hours which you would ensure to take out of your daily routine. This time could have been invested in other fruitful activities when it ends up going to the addiction. In some cases, studies have shown that many would rather do it a few times a week but, would spend extended hours masturbating to porn.
Effects of excess masturbation
Some of the effects of porn addiction and excessive masturbation could be
- Premature ejaculation problem ( quick masturbation leads to chronic less timing to discharge)
- Erectile dysfunction when you are with a partner and in a real life scenario due to dependence on particular porn fantasies
- Inability to have or form intimate relationships which are not just sexual but emotional and mental as well
- Lethargy to go to work or school due to addiction related problems
- Breakdown in relationships, even with family members and friends
Thus, it is imperative that you seek sexologist or sexual counsellor for help to slow down the habit and break the cycle of addiction and ensure that you are able to lead a normal life without disruptions so as to allow yourself to be able to form normal sexual relationships.
Down Syndrome is a genetic disorder resulting from chromosomal aberration. Usually, a person is born with 23 pairs of chromosomes (46 chromosomes in total). In the case of a Down Syndrome, there is a total of 47 chromosomes (an extra complete or partial chromosome appearing in the 21st pair). This extra chromosome is the main wrecker in chief that triggers the behavioral and developmental alterations characteristic of Down Syndrome.
Depending on the distribution of the chromosome during cell division, Down Syndrome may be triggered by three conditions
- Trisomy 21: One of the most common causes of Down Syndrome, Trisomy 21 is characterized by the presence of an extra chromosome in chromosome 21.
- Translocation Down syndrome: As the name suggests, here a part of the chromosome 21 translocates itself to some other chromosome. There will be no trisomy on chromosome 21. However, there will be extra genetic material resulting from the chromosome containing the translocated portion of chromosome 21.
- Mosaic Down Syndrome: This is a rare condition where some cells will have 46 chromosomes (23 pairs) while few others will have 47 chromosomes (trisomy 21).
Symptoms characteristic of Down Syndrome
Some of the symptoms synonymous to Down Syndrome include
- The face appears flattened with a short mouth and a protruding tongue.
- The ears, neck, arms, and legs are shorter than usual.
- Children and adults with Down Syndrome usually have a short stature.
- The muscles also lack proper tone.
- Children with Down Syndrome are often found to have impaired cognitive ability. The condition also affects the memory, both short, as well as long-term.
Managing a child with Down Syndrome
No parent would ever want their child to suffer from Down Syndrome. Along with the medications and therapies, as a parent, you should also be prepared to manage the situation well.
- The situation is by no means easy for you, but if you get weak or panic, things will only go from bad to worse. Thus, you need to be strong.
- Be in constant touch with the attending physician to know the progress of your child.
- If your child is still very young, get them enrolled in the special enhancement programs. These programs play a significant role in improving the language, motor movements, as well as developing the various self-help skills in the Down Syndrome children.
- Connect with families dealing with identical situations. Discussing your problems with them or learning about theirs can help in better management.
- Your concern for the child is understood but do not snatch their independence. Give them the freedom they deserve. They might make mistakes, but it will help build their confidence.
- If the situation demands, get your child admitted to schools which are specially designed for such children.
- Do not keep your child confined within the four walls of the home. Take them outside. Let them interact with people. Indulge in family outings and get-togethers.
- The situation may be difficult but not impossible. Have faith and do what is in your hands.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Imbalance in the level of calcium: Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmul for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone: The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+) which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar. They are:
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time but, unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.
Loss of libido is mostly common for male and female in any stages.
This problem is normal for many people specially womane ,who loss their intrestin in sexual activity.
This is cause the sex hormones and many disease related.
The main causes which are responsible for losing libido.
2 Relationship problems
3 Drinking alcohol
4 Stress or exhaustion
Alzheimer’s disease is a neurological, irreversible, progressive brain disorder. It is a chronic neurodegenerative dementia that causes the death of brain cells, causing memory loss and cognitive decline. It affects a person’s thinking and behavior. The symptoms develop slowly and get worse as time passes.
As it is a kind of dementia, Alzheimer’s is caused by the death of brain cells. Over a course of time, brain cells die progressively and at the end, the tissue is left with fewer nerve cells and connections. As a result, the total brain size shrinks. Tiny inclusions called plaques and tangles can be seen in the postmortem. These cannot be seen or tested in a living Alzheimer’s affected brain. These plaques are given the name “amyloid plaques” because they are found among the dying cells of the brain when a protein called beta-amyloid builds. The tangles stay in the neurons; they are formed from a protein called tau.
There are several reasons behind all this, some of which are listed below-
- Anti-anxiety medications
- Hitting on the head too many times
- Regularly sleep-deprived
- Diabetes in the brain
- Old age
- Genetic line
- Down’s syndrome
- Cardiovascular diseases
Alzheimer’s disease damages the brain, so the clinical signs and symptoms begin to show very early. The symptoms are-
- Memory loss
- Agitation and mood swings
- Poor judgment
- The trouble with money calculations
- Difficulty doing familiar tasks
- Trouble in planning or solving a problem
- Confusion with time and place
- Difficulty in communicating
- Loss of motivation
- Inappropriate behavior
- Aggressive personality
- Childlike behavior
Preventing Alzheimer’s disease:
Alzheimer’s disease ultimately results in death. Even if there are treatments, they cannot fully cure it. So it’s better to try to prevent it before it happens. Ways to prevent Alzheimer’s disease are-
- Eating more fruits and vegetables.
- Eating berries every day.
- Increasing omega-3 fatty acids.
- Taking folic acid supplements.
- Drinking grape juice or red wine with evening meal.
- Doing the Mediterranean style diet.
- Controlling the blood pressure.
- Having strong social support.
Treatment of Alzheimer’s disease:
- Treatment of Alzheimer’s disease is a long time process.
- First of all, doctors perform a physical exam to check the overall neurological health. By this, they check muscle strength, reflexes, walking ability, sense of sight and hearing, coordination and balance.
- Then comes the blood test to find the cause of confusion and memory loss by checking the thyroid disorder and vitamin deficiency.
- Then they perform the neuropsychological test and check the mental status.
- Then there are other tests, like MRI, CT, and PET.
- After all this, drugs are given and a safe and supportive environment is created with proper exercise and nutrition.
Alzheimer’s disease is undoubtedly the worst kind of disease. Hence, it is highly recommended to contact a doctor as soon as any symptom is noticed.