Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore Rural and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. MeghaYour feedback matters!
Hlo doctor, it's been more than a year, I have been suffering from anal itching after bowel movement, I consulted skin doctor and general physician three times but not got cured, now when I wipe out I feel a little hard bone like thing in my anal I'm worried about it, please help me to get cured. Thank you.
Hello doc, I m jay. Actually I have a skin problem. I m suffering from the pimples and there dark spots on my face. I dun lyk it at all.
Unfortunately I have used garlic paste on my forehead. My skin is burned & looking black in burning area on my forehead. I'm feeling very pain. Please help me I'm very depressed.
My face skin is becoming very dark. But skin in my other part of my body is very lighter. I think it may be due to sun exposure. But how can I get my own skinned face? Thank you.
I'm actually a white skin toned person. But I'm becoming black due to journey daily. Can you please give me any advice medically to make my face glow again!
I have got some pimples on my face. Which I learnt that comes in our age. But as that pimple Went then and that point some black marks come ans which is not going. I used Ayurvedic and some home optional also to remove suck marks frm my face but its nt helping I want my face wid not a single mark. Can you help?
It bleeding while stools. Blood drops a lot but no pain. What to do? It happen since one or two week but today I bleed a lot. What to do?
I am Ashok Kumar Gaddirala 23 year old, today morning I went bathroom for latrine but it came also 'BLODD' I can't understand my problem, so please solve my problem.
I have cuts on my hand like blade cut marks what should I do with it I want it to go should I go for a surgery? Please advise.
I want to know some good cream to get fair skin. I m also suffering from itching problem since last 45 days. It starts suddenly and soon body gets reddish everywhere. Please advice
I am 37 years old Male. I had suffered skin allergy three times. From last 4 years, I am getting infections and swelling near eyes and face. It also has irritating itching. Every time it happened at the start of winter. After 4 days, I still have rashes on my neck and chest. Please advice the reason and medicines.
I have blackhead on my nose. How can I remove it? I tried applying aloevera, Turmeric,etc but doesn't work.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types: vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.