Doctor in Fortis Hospitals
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Fortis HospitalsYour feedback matters!
Gout is a form of arthritis and occurs because of excessive uric acid in the body. There are proteins in the diet known as purines, and when they are metabolised, uric acid is released. When there is an excessive amount of purines in the diet, the body is unable to metabolise all of the produced uric acid. This excessive production or repaired metabolism can lead to gout. These get deposited in the joints as crystals in various joints, especially of the big toe.
- The joints, most frequently the big toe, are painful, swollen, red, and very warm to the touch
- The big toe is known as podagra
- The pain is a strong, shooting pain, very severe in nature
- The patient’s description is very diagnostic of gout
- Other joints could be affected including ankles, knees, and hands
Gout, as seen from above, is not just excessive uric acid in the body. There could be various reasons leading to this problem. Therefore, homoeopathy believes that the underlying problem needs to be evaluated and treated for the symptoms to disappear. The following are some commonly used remedies:
- Useful in both acute and chronic cases of gout
- Intense pain in the big toe, where the patient would not allow touching it
- The toe is stiff, swollen, red, and hot
- The pain is worse at night and during warm weathers
- The patient also may feel feverish and cold internally
- These patients usually have offensive urine, which is evident from a distance
- The urine may be brown in colour.
- The pain in the great toe is tearing, and the knees may also be affected, which also are painful and swollen.
- Any movement causes a cracking sound which increases with movement.
- The patient likes to keep the affected area covered, and opening it to air may worsen the symptoms.
- Useful in females, who may also have other feminine disorders (for instance, uterine issues) in addition to gout
- The toes and heels will have shooting pain which is worse in warm surroundings
- The affected joints also appear red and shining.
These people present with warm, bright yellow or blood red urine with sediments that could be red/reddish yellow.
- The pain travels from down below, for instance, starts with the feet and moves up to the knees and the limbs
- Small joints like the ball of the great toe and ankles are more affected by lack of warmth and inability to tolerate warmth
- Applying a cold towel or cloth may help relieve the pain.