Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bahadurgarh. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shikha MittalYour feedback matters!
After eating I pill after how much days periods arrive? And my cycle is not fixed sometimes I get periods early and sometimes late.
The rising incidences of cancer have made it important for us to be vigilant about our health. It has been proven medically that if cancer is detected at an early stage -stage I & II , then the chances of cure and treatment along with full recovery are very high. For early cancer detection & for people at greater risk of cancer, PHC-Preventive Health Care plays a major role. Preventive Health Check is particularly important for the people who have a family history of cancer.
Almost all cancers are caused by damage or mutation in their genes, which, may be acquired from environmental exposure, dietary factors, hormones or through normal aging. In 90% of cases, these genes are not passed from parents to children. These are known as sporadic mutations and the cancers that they cause are called as sporadic cancers. But 5-10% of cancers are caused by gene mutations which are inherited from one or both parents & passed on to the children .These are hereditary or germline mutations & these cancers are known as hereditary or familial cancers.
People /children, who carry gene mutations have a higher risk of developing cancer at an earlier age or at some point in their life time.
Some of the common such cancers, which run in families, are:
- Breast cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Colo-rectal cancer (cancer of large intestine )
- Prostate cancer
Breast, ovary & colo-rectal carcinoma have well established gene mutation studies.Mutation of BRCA 1 & BRCA2 Genes is responsible for 85% of hereditary breast cancers.
Estimated life time risk for developing breast cancer in woman with BRCA1 & BRCA2 mutation is 56-87% & risk for developing-bilateral /contralatral breast cancer is about 20-40%. These statistics make a preventive health check for women with breast cancer history in their family a necessity. Mutation in these genes confers about 20-40% increased life time risk for developing ovarian cancer. Hence the presence of gene mutation for breast cancer can trigger ovarian cancer.
However as stated above, other environmental and lifestyle factors can also cause breast cancer other than genetic BRCA1 & BRCA 2 gene mutations.
- Increasing age
- Early menarche
- Late menopause
- First birth after the age of 30
- Atypical lobular hyperplasia or Atypical ductal hyperplasia
- Prior breast biopsies
- Long term postmenopausal estiogen replacement
- Early exposure to ionizing radiation
Other Familial Cancers:
Familial cancer syndromes associated with colo-rectal cancers are familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP).It is an autosomal dominant inherited syndrome with more than 90% penetrance, manifested by hundreds of polyps developed by late adolescence .The risk of developing invasive cancer is almost 100% .So such patients should start getting colonoscopy at an earlier age- say by 20yr of age & should undergo Total Collectomy on development of significant polyps .
Other familial cancer syndromes are hereditary non -Polyposis Colo Rectal Cancer (HNPCC), Gardner's Syndrome, Turcot's Syndrome, Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome, Juvenile Polyposis.
Cancer Assessment & Conclusion:
For breast cancer risk assessment, we have the GAIL model & IBIS model, which take into consideration ,all the risk factors, apart from BRCA1 & BRCA 2 gene mutation. These models calculate the over all life time risk of development of breast cancer for any lady. For this, you have to consult a specialist experienced in area of hereditary cancers, cancer risk assessment, genetic counseling & testing.
To conclude, all people with cancers in their family should undergo genetic testing & counseling, to detect high risk individuals should take adequate measures & treatment.
I am 17 years old and my girlfriend 18 years old .yesterday had sex she is in periods I only enter very small amount of sperm .should she get pregnant.
Doctor I am 24 years old & I suffer from pcos (irregular periods) for past 10 years & also my weight increases. Please give me immediate suggestions for this problem.
Hello Doctor My girlfriend age is 22 yr. We had sex on her 7th day and took unwanted 72. The month before month she also took same. Her period date 7-8 but now it's 28 and she didn't get period. We check 2 time with prega news in morning once at 15-oct and second at 23oct but both was negative. What should do in this case? Please Help!
I had 2 deliveries for both of them water was less but now I am carrying 3rd it is 8th month and baby moment is good enough does that mean there is no water problem this time. Thanks.
In June month I participated in sex 7 times with my boy friend .I got the my period with in 20 days .last period date is May 30 .on June 20 period has come. How it is.
A pancreatic transplantation or pancreas transplantation refers to the surgical procedure, which involves replacing a dysfunctional pancreas with a healthy one. The donor of the pancreas is usually a deceased person. Pancreas is an important organ of the body as it produces several important hormones, which play significant roles regulating in our body cycles. Pancreas transplantation is usually performed for the treatment of type 1 diabetes which is linked to the inability of the pancreas to produce the insulin hormone.
A pancreas transplant is considered as one of the potential cures for type 1 diabetes. However it is not considered to be a standard treatment due to complications, such as:
- Rejection of graft by the recipient body or similar complications
- The medications which are given to prevent the rejection can have serious side effects too
- Certain complications like blood clots or infections can occur following the procedure
- Failure to control the blood sugar levels and rejection of the graft or complete pancreatic failure are Common complications that occur after a pancreas transplant.
These are the primary reasons why pancreas transplant is often considered to be one of the last measures of treating diabetes. Nevertheless, there are certain conditions where a pancreas transplant is worth considering. Some of the conditions include diabetes which cannot be controlled with the usual treatment procedure, chronic poor blood sugar control, insulin reactions which turns chronic or a serious kidney disease.
Certain medications are also prescribed for anti rejection purposes. These medications need to be taken after the operation for the rest of your life to prevent rejection of the donor graft. These medications can have a few adverse side effects. Some of the side effects include hypertension, thinning of your bones, unwanted weight gain and a rise in your cholesterol levels. Swollen gums or acne are also observed in several cases.
Often a pancreas transplant is carried out along with a kidney transplant, especially if you have a serious kidney condition. It helps to provide a healthy kidney and a pancreas and also reduces a risk of kidney damage caused due to diabetes later in the future.
I am 24year old female I want to ask that is garcia cambogia is safe for unmarried girls? By consuming the tablets of GC, will it create any effect in future while conceiving or any other thing. Is it really effective for weight loss as shown in advertisement or not? Kindly reply with your feedback.
My friend is suffering from frequent urination. This problem is started from December 2015 she consulted a doctor he has taken urine test in which there is infection in urine. So he gave medicines for 15 days after 15 days everything becomes normal but after a month this started again she used to go washroom frequently after 10 min and only very little urine come sometimes she can't control toilet she has to rush to the washroom very fast. She also feel pain in vagina during urination. Then again she tested again infection came she again taken medicines. Then everything becomes normal. But. This problem takes place some time after 10 days or 15. I don't know what is happening to her. Sometime it happens when she is empty stomach. After having some food she feels good. N she also do dieting. Sometimes she skip meals. N only takes veggies and pulses. No chapatis no rice. So is this problem is due to skipping meals. Also she do not drink milk from 8 year. So can you please tell what is the exact problem?
Leukorrhea is a very common problem among women. It refers to a thin or thick, whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge that may occur in between menstruation cycles or during pregnancy and usually lasts from a few days to weeks.
In most cases, it is nothing to be alarmed about and is considered normal as long as it does not cause irritation, discomfort, odor and itching.
Leokorrhea, however, can also be caused by hormonal changes, particularly due to an increase in estrogen.
A vaginal infection or std, too, may cause leukorrhea, especially if the discharge is yellow or green and accompanied by foul odor.
Libido or sex drive means the desire to have sex; there are a number of reasons that can lead to low libido. There are a number of methods by which you can increase your libido, some of them are:
- Exercise: Exercise is one of your major weapons against low libido; make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it helps in improving circulation in the body. Do various exercises such as squats and push-ups to improve your strength and endurance. It is known to increase production of sex hormones and endorphins in the body.
- Limit Smoking: Smoking cigarettes causes complications in the body as it is known to be a vasoconstrictor. The blood vessels tend to narrow, thus leading to damage in the arteries and veins. The veins of the penis may be damaged leading to sexual problems.
- Stress Reduction: You may adopt various techniques such as meditation and yoga to reduce stress levels in the body. Stress raises cortisol levels in the body which can hamper your sex life.
- Sleep: You need to sleep adequately and sleep sound as sleeping deficiency has been linked with erectile dysfunction. Sleep also revitalizes your body and releases beneficial hormones in the body.
- Restrict Alcohol Consumption: It is important that you restrict alcohol consumption as alcohol in excess may lead to obesity and other related disorders. It may also lead to mental health problems such as anxiety which can impair sexual drive.
- Cut Down on Coffee: Coffee is a known vasoconstrictor as it tends to narrow your blood vessels. It limits blood flow, thus may reduce your sex drive. Make sure you limit coffee intake to 1 or 2 cups of coffee to avoid the complications.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the necessary nutrients in your diet. Vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli contain antioxidants that protect your body against free radical damage. Include oily fish such as salmon that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids because they help in improving sexual drive.
Are you stressed out lately and not being able to overcome it for a long time? With the holiday season approaching, you are bound to feel worse as your stress is bound to get in the way of celebrations. Winter is a promising time for celebrating, travelling and having fun, and you cannot let your patience and stress ruin it. Here are some steps following which you will be able to cope with your stress and anxiety, so that you can enjoy
Start with a clear mind:
- Realize that some things are just beyond your control. This is a tough thing to do, but you have to accept it just like the fact that you cannot control rain, sun, and the actions of people. Fighting against something beyond your control will make you stressed out and miserable.
- Realize that there are things, which are in your control. Focus on them and get a firm grip on them. The power of controlling your actions and reactions lies only in your hands. You can also influence your state of consciousness, your physiological responses, and mental processes.
- Learn to surrender and seek acceptance. Instead of resisting against the aspects which you cannot control, surrender to them. This does not make you weak, nor a loser. It is just accepting that you cannot change certain things.
- Be mindful. Stop for a moment, and try observing your internal experience, without any form of judgement. Try to become more conscious and aware of what goes on inside you.
- Take charge of your thoughts. The aim here is not to ignore and deny certain thoughts, but to transform them after analyzing and acknowledging them.
- Utilize your breath. It is an effective tool, which remains with you forever and connects your body and mind. Deep, slow breathing can be more beneficial than you could ever imagine. Keep inhaling and exhaling till you feel relaxed. This is excellent for calming your nervous system.
- Look at the brighter side of life, no matter how hard it may be. Focusing on positive things might make you discover a solution for your stressful condition.
- Take proper care of yourself. Self care is important for eliminating stress. You should take regular showers, eat balanced diet, exercise regularly, and carry out pleasurable activities.
- It is important for you to abstain from comparing yourself with others. Comparisons can cause distorted perceptions and increase stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.