Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dentists online in Baddi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Arun Thakur
Submit a review for Arun ThakurYour feedback matters!
Dental sealants act as a barrier to prevent cavities. They are a plastic material usually applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth (premolars and molars) where decay occurs most often.
Thorough brushing and flossing help remove food particles and plaque from smooth surfaces of teeth. But toothbrush bristles cannot reach all the way into the depressions and grooves to extract food and plaque. Sealants protect these vulnerable areas by 'sealing out' plaque and food.
Sealants are easy for your dentist to apply. The sealant is painted onto the tooth enamel, where it bonds directly to the tooth and hardens. This plastic resin bonds into the depressions and grooves (pits and fissures) of the chewing surfaces of back teeth.
The sealant acts as a barrier, protecting enamel from plaque and acids. As long as the sealant remains intact, the tooth surface will be protected from decay. Sealants hold up well under the force of normal chewing and may last several years before a reapplication is needed.
During your regular dental visits, your dentist will check the condition of the sealants and reapply them when necessary.
The likelihood of developing pit and fissure decay begins early in life, so children and teenagers are obvious candidates. But adults can benefit from sealants as well.
Hi I am 22 years old and my lower wisdom teeth becoming black on upper side. What I have to do I get rid of this one please suggest me?
So, you have to understand the causes for bad breath. The root cause for bad breath are sulphur compounds produced by bacteria (Germs). Below are the conditions in which the bacterial count will increase in your mouth which can further lead to Bad Breath:- (Ascending in most probable way)
1. Periodontitis and Periodontal Diseases (Gum Diseases)
2. Plaque (Soft white substance on tooth)
3. Calculus (Hard white substance tooth)
4. Dental Cavity
The first 3 problems will solve with Scaling and Polishing and use of Antibiotics by your Dentist.
Your Dentist will give you mouthwash which will further reduce bacterial count in your mouth.
For 4th problem you have to visit your Dentist. There are numerous conditions and as such treatments for Dental caries.
And the 5th number problems can be solved by a registered medical physician. The acid reflux disease can further lead to Dental caries and subsequentlybad breath. The respiratory disease is a infectious condition which has to be treated by physician with antibiotics. In Diabetis sweet aroma is there in one’s breath due to ketons.
In conclusion, if your bad breath problem will not solve with only Brushing and Mouthwash, go and consult your nearer Dentist. He/She can definitely solve your problem.
When I rub my tongue to last teeth there is slide come blood come. Is that normal or what? I do not know from where this blood come.
Dental implants are generally identified as substitutes for tooth roots. Besides, replacing damaged or decayed teeth, implants also provide a strong foundation for both permanent as well as removable replacement teeth.
There are loads of advantages of dental implants:
- Better overall appearance of teeth, since they are made to fuse with the bone
- Unlike removable dentures, implants are much more comforting as well as convenient
- Higher self-esteem as you will feel better about yourself
- Improved speech quality in the long run
- Eating becomes comparatively easier with implants rather than sliding dentures, because they function like your own teeth
- Improved oral health
- Good durability (can even last a lifetime if taken good care of)
Generally, dental implants have a very impressive success rate (up to 98%). This can differ, however, based on the placement of the implants.
Who can go for dental implants?
- Patients must have healthy gums
- Must have sufficient bone strength to hold the implants in place
- Must be dedicated to maintaining good oral hygiene
- Must visit dentist regularly
There are many steps involved in getting an implant:
- An individualized treatment plan, addressing all your specific needs and prepared by a team of professionals, well versed in oral surgery and restorative dentistry
- Placement of the tooth root implant into the bone socket of the missing tooth
- Attachment of a small connector post known as an abutment, which securely keeps the new tooth intact
- Attachment of a crown (the replacement tooth) to the abutment
The operation is normally administered under a local anesthesia. The whole process is not harmful at all, to say the least, and people have reported that a normal tooth extraction cause much more pain than a dental implant operation.
Related Tip: "Why You Must Not Delay Getting Your Dental Implants?"