Lybrate.com has top trusted Sexologists from across India. You will find Sexologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Sexologists online in Aurangabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Sopanrao Dahiphale
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of UTI
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Enlarged Prostate
Treatment of Urine Leakage
Treatment of Urinary Incontinence
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Sensitive Bladder
Treatment of Urine Stone
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Treatment of Urinary Tract Problems
Treatment of Urinary Passage Disorders
Treatment of Epididymitis
Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
Treatment of Blood in Semen
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Urethral Stricture
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Sopanrao DahiphaleYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
When you face difficulty in maintaining an erection long enough for having a satisfactory sexual intercourse, it is said to be caused due to a condition called impotence. Sexual satisfaction is vital in a relationship, and when impotence is the reason for displeasure, you must try to understand the cause of impotence.
Often, believed to have a connection with the consumption of marijuana, many people ask questions whether it is possible to treat this condition or not. Well, there are quite a few options that can treat this particular sexual problem of men.
What is marijuana?
Marijuana is a psychoactive drug, also known as cannabis, acquired from the Cannabis plant, which is intended for recreational and medical purposes. As far as the global status of marijuana is concerned, it is an illicit drug that is most commonly used. Containing over 400 chemicals, the effects of marijuana can be psychosis, suicidal thinking, mood changes, addictions, etc.
Can marijuana influence impotence?
Many studies have established a relationship between marijuana and erectile dysfunction or impotence. But marijuana does not have a direct influence on erectile dysfunction. Rather, it's the effects that marijuana has on the brain that increases the risks of the exasperating and depilating sexual problem called impotence.
Many people smoke marijuana as it leaves them mentally feeling all good and pleasant. Every time they smoke marijuana, the levels of the inflammatory hormones in the body such as the prostaglandin E-2increases. Though these hormones help in relaxing the muscles of the body, an excessive production of them can cause serious inflammation in the body. Therefore, consumption of marijuana beyond the right dosage leads to the arteries becoming constricted. The arteries play a crucial role in erections, and the inability of the arteries in pumping enough blood to the necessary areas results in erectile dysfunction.
How Ayurveda and sexology can be of help?
Sexology is the study of the human relationships and sexual life that focuses on analyzing, and offering a solution to the sexual problems. While Ayurveda deals with boosting the immunity power of the body from within and eliminating the cause of a disease. So for treating impotence caused due to the intake of marijuana both the medicinal specialties offer great help. It is done by detoxifying the toxins that marijuana leaves inside the body and completely heal the person of impotence.
Impotence is also referred to as erectile dysfunction, and nowadays, it is one of the most common sexual conditions in men. Though it is not a life-threatening condition, it can have a significant and serious impact on a person's quality of life, as well his personal or sexual life. Therefore, opting for necessary treatment is essential to ensure a normal and sexually satisfying life.
Here is a list of things about sex that may have not been taught in your intimacy educational classes:
- Losing your virginity is not only restricted to penetration of the vagina with a penis: It can be anal sex, oral sex or sex with sex toys. And they will all count as sex.
- Not everyone bleeds the first time: The bleeding is because of the tearing of a tissue present in the vagina called the hymen. The amount one bleeds depends on the presence of that tissue. While some may bleed a lot, others may not bleed at all. In rare cases, a woman can be born without a hymen.
- Hymen check is not definitive of virginity: Hymen is a delicate tissue which can break while doing activities such as ballet dancing, horse riding or cycling. Even a sudden fall can tear the hymen. Some women may not be born with a hymen. So this does not prove virginity.
- It does not hurt always: Contrary to popular belief, sex does not have to hurt. You may experience a little bit of pain or pressure associated with a burning sensation. If it hurts too much, you must stop and emphasise more on foreplay in order to get lubricated.
- Foreplay is a must: Imagine going down a waterslide without water. That is how sex feels without foreplay. Foreplay can really warm things up for you and your partner. It increases arousal and makes it easier for both of you to climax.
- Sex is not about orgasms: It is true that most women do not orgasm the very first time they have sex. So your focus should be more on the process than the end result. Concentrate on finding out what you enjoy the most in bed or what gives pleasure to your partner.
- Erectile dysfunctions are not only for the older people: They can happen to anyone. Erections can be difficult to cope with; they come with their own moods and ideas. So there is nothing to worry about if you are not able to get it around the first time.
It is normal to be disinterested in engaging in sexual activity from time to time owing to the variation in libido levels in the body of an individual. However, disinterest in sex can be a cause of concern if it goes on for a long period. This could be due to stress or an underlying health condition.
Inactive sex drive can be frustrating for both the partners and can play a havoc in your married life if not attended to the early stages. Though it is a common occurrence in people as they age but this condition has now become very prominent in people of a much younger age. Let us look at some of the causes and the possible solutions.
The causes of low libido/sex drive:
Sex drive is something that starts from your brain and leads to the other organs. It is a sync of your organs that results in a climax. Like most human traits sexual drive also varies from person to person. Most of the men have a normal sex urge while some of them are hyperactive. They get addicted to it and could never get enough of it and some of the men do have low sexual urges. The biggest reasons for low libido levels could be stress followed by medical conditions. Apart from it, the family surroundings and the environment can all play a role in the sex drive. In some rare cases, the loss of libido can be a genuine case of low testosterone levels.
Stress can play havoc with such symptoms and since your brain is pressured it may not work in sync with your reproductive organs. The other factors can include medical conditions such as diabetes, cholesterol, and high blood pressure. Hormones too play an important role in the sex drive and the lower hormone levels can lead to a low sex drive. It often comes with age and as a person ages his urges start to diminish and he may be unable to perform and satisfy.
Every cause of low sexual desire has its own treatment plan. Most of the cases also involve psychology counseling as a part of its treatment plans. Sex therapy may be imparted to men who lack in the techniques and the strategies for getting their composure back. In case if it has been identified that the lack of libido is due to purely low testosterone, the people can try out testosterone shots for increasing their libido. However, these shots should be taken only under the care of a medical supervisor and not privately as it can lead to many complications. Men can even opt for psychological counseling sessions if their problems are identified on a much more personal level. Their family related issues and their compatibility with their partners can be brought under discussion and treatment plans can be charted out based on it.
The mention of the word "orgasm" is enough to numb your senses. It is like a pleasure trip that nobody wants to end. It gives a person an inexplicable eternal feeling, a climax that most couples wait for with bated breath. As known to all, an orgasm is a zenith of a sexual interaction or intercourse. You will seldom come across a person who doesn't enjoy an orgasm.
Sex without an orgasm can be quite dull and boring.
Have you ever been intrigued as to why an orgasm feels so good? What is it that makes an orgasm such an enjoyable experience? This article is an attempt to unravel this simple yet important query that has been baffling people for long.
An orgasm is a way our body reacts physiologically on being sexually aroused. Though the level of excitement and its impact may vary from person to person, most people (both men and women) feel good and euphoric on reaching an orgasm. There is an interesting science behind this. It is important to mention that the brain plays a pivotal role in an orgasm. As in any other organ of the body, there are numerous nerve endings present in the genitalia. These nerve endings are in turn connected to the brain and the spinal cord via the large nerves.
In this regard, the nerves that are instrumental in sending the signals and the stimulation to the brain (different regions of the brain) on being aroused or excited sexually include
- The Pelvic nerve is responsible for sending signals from the rectum (in both the sexes) and also from the vagina and cervix (women).
- The Hypogastric nerve is responsible for sending signals from the prostate (men) and also from the uterus and the cervix (women).
- The Vagus nerve (the longest of the 12 cranial nerve) is only involved in sending the signals from the cervix, uterus, and vagina in women.
- The Pudendal nerve transmits the signals from the scrotum and penis in men. In women, it transmits the signals from the clitoris.
The signals sent to the brain during an orgasm results in its activation, especially the reward circuits or the pleasure center. The pleasure center is responsible for all kinds of pleasurable feelings in a person. The areas mainly affected by the sexual excitement include
- Amygdala: It is mainly involved in the regulation of emotions like sweating, increased heart rate, and blood pressure. • Ventral tegmental area (VTA): It is responsible for the release of the neurotransmitter, Dopamine.
- Nucleus accumbens: The nucleus accumbens is an important part that controls or regulates the release of dopamine.
- Others: Cerebellum (maintains and coordinates the muscular activities in the body) and the Pituitary gland (responsible for the release of vasopressin, oxytocin, and beta-endorphins).
The arousal, followed by activation, acts as a catalyst which further results in release of neurotransmitters and hormones. The more these neurotransmitters and hormones are released, more pleasure and excitement is experienced during the act.
Testosterone is the most important hormone that drives most of the male characteristics from their physique, stamina, energy, vigor, voice, to sexual performance. Higher the testosterone level, greater the masculine characteristics. It is no wonder then that most men want more testosterone flowing in their system. There are simple ways to increase testosterone flowing in your system; read on to know more.
- Eat more fat: While staying away from fat is the most common thing to do when body building, remember that testosterone is mainly made of cholesterol. So, a diet rich in fat directly translates to more testosterone. Mono-saturated and saturated fats are proven to be extremely beneficial for good testosterone production. Red meat, eggs, coconut oil, dark chocolate, cheese, peanut butter, fish, avocados, almonds, olive oil are all proven to be highly beneficial in improving testosterone levels.
- Include ingredients for testosterone: Include foods that are rich in zinc, vitamin D, D-aspartic acid, Di-indolyl-methane (DIM). Foods rich in zinc promote higher levels of testosterone production and so are advisable. Vitamin D is the most important vitamin in the production and availability of free testosterone in the body and is highly recommended for people wanting to have higher testosterone levels. D-aspartic acid is an amino acid that is essential for proper functioning of the neurotransmitters that control testosterone synthesis and release into the system.
- Modified gym routine: Contrary to what most people may think, long hours in the gym does not help you stay in better shape. Regular, drawn-out workouts with long rest periods and too many exercises aimed at building endurance are not necessarily good for testosterone levels. Optimal duration is about an hour, after which cortisol levels (stress hormones) go up and testosterone levels go down. Shorter rest periods between sets are also shown to be more effective. Also, there are specific exercises and workouts which are aimed at improving the testosterone levels. These workouts could be aimed at the legs, arms, back, chest, or shoulders. These moderate to high-intensity protocols stress large muscle masses, which stimulate testosterone production.
- Beat the stress: None of our lives are free of stress, but the trick lies in managing them well. Whether you have physical or mental stress, try and work on reducing it, by meditation, music, or any relaxation technique that works for you. Even cardio exercises, if not overdone, are a good way to relax. Try not to fatigue yourself during your workout. Have a well-balanced meal and a good sleep to manage stress better.
Talk to your instructor to know more about ways to improve testosterone production. Higher levels of testosterone take the quality of life to a different level. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Coitus is an activity meant to give the utmost pleasure. But do you know it could also be potentially dangerous when you try certain positions in your quest to experience the best sex ever? Yes, this is very much possible, and you must be aware of it to stay safe. Over the years most prevalent causes of penis injury are brought about by various potentially dangerous positions which are often used by couples. Some of them can lead to fracture of an erect penis and may cause a rupture in the cylinder lining responsible for the erection. Around 10 to 30 percent of the penis fracture cases recorded, it was noticed that the urethra is damaged and there could be gushes of blood in the urinary opening.
What are the common sex positions that can be dangerous?
There are several dangerous sex positions which include incline leg, the bodybuilder, the London Bridge and the triple lady are considered harmful for the optimal functioning of the sexual organs. Not only that, all these sex positions are quite difficult to perform and they can cause irreparable damage to the penis.
Even though you may think that it is fairly easy to understand if there had been a damage, the truth is that most men are hardly able to understand what has happened. And, most of the men are not ready to admit that they are not in control of their sexual functions, while some others don't want to acknowledge their injury.
How to prevent injury from these dangerous sex positions?
If you want to avoid such injury, you must never experiment with any sexual activity unusually or masturbate in an undesired way. If your penis is injured, it will leave a long-lasting impact on the quality of life you lead. Even though the initial pain may subside within a couple of days, the dangerous side effects will show up later. It may include loss of morning erection, pain during ejaculation, pain during erection, unsustainable erection, gross curvature and even shrinkage of the penis. Nobody would ever want to face all these issues by experimenting with your penis.
Along with these, too intense and vigorous sex in all forms is dangerous for both the man and the woman. It is essential to allow the body to prepare itself and when you are continuously reaching orgasm without allowing your body to deal with it, it may lead to unwanted complications.
How to recover from genital injury?
In case your genitals have already been injured, you should seek proper treatment without further delay. It will not only aid in accelerating the recovery of the damage but also restore the harmed nerve endings. It is always recommended to use an Ayurvedic form of treatment for it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!