Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Aurangabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Asthma Management Program
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Submit a review for Dr. Sanmati TholeYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
DR THOLE SIR, PROUD OF U FOR UR GRAND SUPPORT FOR BLOOD DONATION WHEN IN NEED, WHOLE HEARTED HELP FOR SANT MAHATMA N SOCIETY WHEN MED. AID NEED, GRET CO.OPERATION FOR MISSION VISION/ EYE DONATION. THANK U N BEST WISHESH= ANEEL LUNIYA[ 108 TIME BLOOD DONOR= 150 EYE DONATION GET DONE SUCCESFULLY]
The sugar found in milk and other dairy products such as yoghurt and cheese is called lactose. An enzyme in the small intestine called “lactase” breaks lactose into galactose and glucose. When the lactose is not digested properly by the small intestine, it passes unbroken into the colon. The bacteria in the colon break the lactose down into hydrogen and carbon dioxide. People who fail to digest lactose in their small intestines are diagnosed with lactose intolerance.
Usually lactose intolerance only affects adults, but sometimes children do suffer from it. For children, their symptoms can be mild or very severe (for example, cramps, diarrhoea in children, etc.)
Normally, parents can confuse milk allergy with lactose intolerance. They do share the same symptoms, but they are completely different medical conditions. Milk allergy is caused by the immune system while lactose intolerance is a problem with the digestive system.
The causes of lactose intolerance include:
1. Absence or deficiency of the lactase enzyme
2. Infections in the gastrointestinal tract that damage the lining inside the small intestine
3. Gluten intolerance (It affects lactase production)
4. Genetics (Lactose intolerance can run in the family)
When the lactose is broken down in the colon, certain gases are produced. These gases can cause symptoms such as:
1. Abdominal inflammation and pain
2. Excessive burping
3. Loud sounds in the bowel
4. Excessive diarrhoea and gas
5. Explosive and watery bowel movements
6. A feeling of urgency when it comes to bowel movements (In children, they might feel like they need to get to the bathroom as soon as possible or they might embarrass themselves)
How best to treat it?
Living with lactose intolerance usually involves dietary modifications and taking supplements such as over-the-counter lactase to aid in digestion. For instance, you can replace milk with soy milk, or take lactase before ingesting any dairy product. Or alternatively, you can consume lactose-reduced or lactose-free milk and dairy products.
Calcium deficiency is a serious side effect of lactose intolerance. So incorporate calcium-rich foods such as broccoli, kale, tofu, almond, dried fruits, soybeans, turnip greens, collard greens and fortified orange juice in your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Hello, my son is 1 year he's skin is fair but suddenly after few day he's skin become dull and dark changes .what's happen I don't no? And can use suncream for my boy? Which are best for use body lotion, cream,shop in running use? Still I am running use Himalaya product?
My three months old infant is not drinking milk properly since 4 days. He sleeps all the time. I tried to make him wake up in several ways but he doesn't wake up and more over he is rubbing his eyes. His right eye is watering. Please suggest what to do. I am more worrying about this.
My baby is 18 months. When he eat cerelac or milk powder he vomiting. Today he vomiting 3 times. What can I do? please answer. Thank you.
My baby is of 1 year. And he is suffering from loose motion since morning. So which medicine should you recommend to give him.
How to control for new born baby while cry more at night. They drink Iot of lactogen milk frequently.
My daughter is 19 months old but still she does not take any solid food even fruits like apple, banana, piece of rice still we are giving her only liquid items. Kindly suggest us what to do.
Doctor my daughter 2yrs 3 month old. She having cold and cough pbm. Heavy dry cough most probely at night time give cough drops for her at that she k. After 2 week she have same pbm. Help me pls. Prescribe any immunity syrup. Thank u.
My son is 4 days old and is suffering from jaundice please help with some advice and do's and don'ts.
My son (8yrs) is under medication for seizures since birth. From birth to 5 yrs he was under sodium valporate. However seizures were minimal during that period. Later he had mild seizure for which doctor recommended epilex chrono 200. But seizures continued and he was given epilex chrono 300. For few months he did not have seizures. After he had got once again seizures (for about 1 minute but aware about the things around and does not fall off) he was suggested to give epilex chrono 300 + livipil 250 (morning & night) during night frisium 5mg along with regular tablets. Even after taking higher dose his seizures seem to continue and more than earlier (more than 1 minute and falls off).
My daughter is complaining about stomach pain for last two days. This is intermittent. She is 6 years.
I have a 5 years old son. He is good in health and mind but he is week in physical activity like: sports, cycilng etc. Pls. Advise to improve his stamina more strong?
My grandson is 2 years and 4 months - good hight and fairly good active mode - only complaint is less intake - no voulentary intention to have food- every day compulsory feeding is must. What should be the strategy?
Is gripe water or janam ghuti is good for babies as my mother-in-law is forcing me to give it to my 14 month old baby
My 6 month old daughter head from backside is soft only a finger tip size . If we touch it goes inside i mean skull is not developed yet and she has fallen from bed twice .Is there anything i need to worry about .I have never heard about backside heard front skull is normal if it is not developed . Help please?
Sir,my 2 years old daughter start crying at midnight daily we don't know the reason for that ,please give some treatment for this problem ?
1. Keep your temptation to bathe your newborn every day. Don't bathe your baby more than 3 times a week. Excessive bathing removes required oils from the baby's skin, making it prone to rashes.
2. Avoid baby products in the early months. These products are very harsh on an infant's tender skin.
3. Take your newborn's hygiene very seriously. Make sure that clothes are properly cleaned before your baby wears those.
1. Do not give in to your temptation to bathe your newborn every day. Don't bathe your baby more than 3 times a week. Excessive bathing removes required oils from the baby's skin, making it prone to rashes.
2. Avoid baby products in the early months. Most of these products are very harsh on an infant's tender skin.
3. Take your newborn's hygiene very seriously. Make sure that clothes and other accessories are properly cleaned and sanitized.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.