Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Pediatricians online in Aurangabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sakha Patil
Treatment of Lactation problems
Management of Restless Child Disorder
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Treatment of Neurofibromatosis
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Submit a review for Dr. Sakha PatilYour feedback matters!
My daughter 8 yrs old complains of stomach pain more oftenly.However with the intake of ginger,aajwain the symptoms are suppressed.Pl help for the permanent solutions.
Pulmonary function tests (PFT’s) are breathing
tests to find out how well you move air in and
out of your lungs
Lung function tests can be used to:
■ Compare your lung function with known
standards that show how well your lungs should
■ Measure the effect of chronic diseases like
asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease
(COPD), or cystic fibrosis on lung function.
■ Identify early changes in lung function that
might show a need for a change in treatment.
■ Detect narrowing in the airways.
■ Decide if a medicine (such as a bronchodilator)
could be helpful to use.
■ Show whether exposure to substances in your
home or workplace have harmed your lungs.
■ Determine your ability to tolerate surgery and
What is spirometry?
Spirometry is one of the most commonly ordered
lung function tests. The spirometer measures
how much air you can breathe into your lungs
and how much air you can quickly blow out of
your lungs. This test is done by having you take
in a deep breath and then, as fast as you can,
blow out all of the air. You will be blowing into a
tube connected to a machine (spirometer).
The spirometry test is often repeated after
giving you a breathing medicine (bronchodilator)
to find out how much better you might breathe
with this type of medicine. You will be asked
to repeat this test two or three times to get an
accurate measure of your lung function. It can
take practice to be able to do spirometry well.
The staff person will work with you to learn how
to do the test correctly.
It usually takes 30 minutes to complete this test
What should I know before taking
■ You may be asked not to take your breathing
medicines before this test.
■ Instructions will be given on how to do this
test. If you do not understand them, ask the
technician to repeat them.
■ It takes effort to do this test and you may
become tired. This is expected.
■ If you become light-headed or dizzy during
this test, immediately stop blowing and let the
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones.