Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramakant Bembde
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Treatment of Skin Cancer
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Nipple Problems
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramakant BembdeYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of skin rash . I consulted Dr Ramakant. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. He with great ease handled my case with ease.I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but he did it immediately and started the skin rash for it. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant.
He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The guidance Dr Ramakant Bembde gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. with time my pimples aggravated. The facilities available in the Bembde Hospital are very nice. Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results.
drRamakant Bembde is a great cosmetic and plastic surgeon. he gave me a dark clircle treatment at herclinic Bembde Hospital for Plastic, Cosmetic,Burns & Hand Surgery in Pune. He is good person & service is awesome. I have completed my treatment and been better . thanks sir
I was having Dark Skin issue. I am amazed that drRamakant Bembde is such a sweet doctor, even though he is so busy all the time. I have had therdark skin since start.The facilities available in the Bembde Hospital in Aurangabad are very nice. the doctor is god send for me.
Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. With great ease Dr Bembde explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. I was havng problem of oily skin.
The skin whitening treatment given by Dr Ramakant has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. During the treatment, he supported me a lot. The overall treatment was very effective, painless and quick. I am impressed with the way he treats his patients.
I am thankful to Dr Ramakant Bembde who is a famous Cosmetic Surgeon in Aurangabad for my facial reconstruction. Th treatment he provided was extremely beneficial,.
Dr. Ramakant Bembde provides answers that are very helpful. thanks
The plastic surgical procedure to correct the appearance of eyelids is called blepharoplasty. The correction is done by removing extra skin, fat and muscle that make the eyelids droop.
Eyelids start drooping when the muscles supporting your eyelids weaken as you grow older. Excess fat accumulates below and above your eyelids as a result, which leads to eye bags and droopy eyelids.
Besides making you look older than your age, severe droopy eyelids can also affect your vision. Blepharoplasty can improve your vision and give your eyes a youthful look at the same time. Some other benefits of blepharoplasty include:
- Excess deposits of fat that make eyelids look puffy are removed with the help of blepharoplasty.
- Eye bags are reduced.
- Drooping eyelids which end up revealing the sclera (the white part in your eyeballs) are fixed.
- Fine wrinkles and excess skin around lower eyelids are corrected.
- Blepharoplasty is usually combined with procedures such as skin resurfacing, face-lift or brow-lift.
Blepharoplasty, like every other surgical procedure, has certain risks, which include—
Before the surgery can be scheduled, a plastic surgeon will consult & record your medical history and discuss your expectations about the surgery. Then, before the procedure can begin, the following steps will be followed:
- First, you will be examined physically; your doctor will test your tear ducts and take measurements of your eyelids.
- Second, your eyes will be examined and your vision will be tested by an ophthalmologist.
- Lastly, your doctor will take photographs of your eyes which will facilitate and guide him/her through the course of the surgery.
- For one weeks prior to the surgery, do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen or any other herbal medication or supplement which may cause excessive bleeding. Do not take them for one weeks after surgery as well.
The effects of blepharoplasty are long-lasting. Durable sun protection of the eyes helps in maintaining the corrections made.
Plastic Surgery for reconstruction of the amputated tip, it is a quite rewarding surgery as, after this Reconstructive Plastic Surgery the patient can perform routine activities again after one month of injury. So the role of a #PlasticSurgeon is not limited only as a #CosmeticSurgeon but more importantly as a #ReconstructiveSurgeon or a # HandSurgeon!
Laser skin tightening is a procedure that uses laser to enhance the appearance of the skin and treat minor facial flaws. This procedure is performed with the help of two types of lasers: ablative and non-ablative. Ablative laser is used to remove thin layers of skin, while a non-ablative laser is the one which causes growth of collagen and tightens the skin underneath.
Non-ablative laser is less invasive and requires less time to recover, although it's less effective than laser resurfacing, which is done with an ablative laser.
A laser tightening skin procedure can decrease fines lines on the face, making you look younger and giving a smooth appearance to your skin. It can also be used to treat uneven skin tone and improve your complexion, besides helping the treatment of sunburns and scars to a certain extent.
Before performing the procedure a doctor is likely to check your:
1. Medical history - Doctors cross check your current and previous medical history, including medications and medical conditions.
2. Physical examination - A skin test may be done if needed, prior to performing such a surgery.
You may be advised to take medications and avoid direct exposure to sunlight. During the procedure, a highly intense beam of light is directed on the skin. This laser beam destroys the upper layer of skin and also heats the underlying layers of epithelial cells. Resultantly, it causes the collagen fibers to shrink, thereby tightening your skin and giving you a younger appearance. Post the procedure, ice packs can be used to cool down the skin.
Moles and Nevi are formed when there is a localized concentration of pigment cells on the skin or mucous membrane. They appear as colour growths and may appear anywhere. Colours may vary and can be brown, black, or natural skin colour. These growths usually appear in early childhood or adulthood, but there are some that may appear late. With the passage of time, these growths may change in appearance and become darker in colour or raised in appearance. Hairs may also develop among them.
Treatment for Moles:
Your plastic surgeon can advise to remove a mole when he/she has a clinical suspicion that it may transform into a malignant nevus. People may also want to go for mole removal if it bears an aesthetic dimension. If the patient wants to remove moles from sensitive areas like eyelids, eyes, mouth etc., he/she needs to consider meeting a Plastic Surgeon who is skilled and experienced in mole removal. Plastic surgeons can conduct procedures with minimal scarring.
There are many processes of mole removal. Some of the commons ones are listed below:
Shaving with Surgical Scalpel:
The plastic surgeon may shave off a small & superficial mole with a surgical scalpel. There are some moles which have cells underneath the skin which may need to make a deeper cut.
The plastic surgeon may also do cauterisation of the moles using radiofrequency cautery. Laser plastic surgical treatment encounters less scarring. Nevertheless, Laser treatment may be required in stages for satisfactorily removing the deeper moles.
Excision & reconstruction of bigger moles & nevi:
Giant hairy nevus or huge moles needs reconstructive surgery after complete excision of such bigger moles.
Benefits of Plastic Surgery:
- Brings Down Risk of Melanoma - Though moles are benign in general, there is a risk of them turning cancerous over time and giving rise to melanoma. This is why plastic surgeon may monitor certain moles in patients and advise mole removal. While cosmetic reasons are attributed to the patient's concerns, doctors are concerned about the likelihood of melanoma. So, the best mole removal procedure can bring down the risk of melanoma.
- Cosmetic Benefits - Some moles, especially those in the face, appear unsightly. Removing these moles can offer cosmetic benefits.
In general, moles need to be removed with the help of a plastic surgeon for better cosmetic results & prevention of possible complications.
Like any other surgery, cosmetic surgery has risks but if you choose the right surgeon, these risks can be effectively lowered. This decision can make all the difference between a surgery that enhances your confidence and one that brings complications and heartache. Your 'gut feeling' is not good enough to pick out a cosmetic surgeon. Being certified by the medical board is an absolute must. Let's look at a few other things to keep in mind:
What is the doctor's specialty?
Plastic surgery is a vast field. While some surgeons specialize in facial reconstruction, others specialize in breast implants. When picking a surgeon, it is important that they have enough expertise in the procedure you want. Have a candid conversation with the doctor about the risks and benefits of the procedure you are about to undergo. No surgery is without risks and do not believe any doctor who tells you so. Avoid undergoing multiple procedures at once, and trying to find one doctor who can do it all.
While some Nonsurgical procedures are performed in the doctor's office, but remember , all surgeries need a proper & safe certified surgical facility. The success of your procedure depends not only on the surgeon but also on his staff and the operating facilities. Do not be afraid to ask about the anesthetist's qualifications and the certification of the operating facility. Ensure that they have key life support equipment on hand just in case of need. A NABH certified hospital ensures all safety equipment & trained qualified staff, hence should be preferred over non-NABH hospitals or clinics.
Does the doctor's aesthetic sense match yours?
Plastic surgery is largely a matter of aesthetics. What one person considers pretty may not be quite that attractive to the other person. Thus, it is essential for you and your plastic surgeon to share a common sense of aesthetics. Ask to see pictures of the results of surgeries similar to what you want performed by the doctor. Depending on the procedure you want and the body part affected, look for patients with similar concerns and facial structure or body shape etc. These photographs should give you an idea of how the surgeon will tailor the procedure to address your concern.
Do you feel an emotional connect with the doctor?
'Gut feeling' cannot be completely ignored when it comes to choosing a plastic surgeon. You are putting the way you look in this doctor's hands, and hence it is important for you to feel secure in his care and to trust him. Your doctor should encourage you to ask questions and you should feel comfortable talking about your complete medical history with him or her. Also consider the staff and how you feel about them.
This decision is not one that can be made hastily, so take your time and make sure that you are going for the best doctor before going under the knife.
A nasal reconstruction surgery is required to correct deformities in the nasal area formed as a result of birth defects, injuries, infections, cancer ,etc. Recent developments in techniques such as microsurgery, tissue expansion have helped surgeons improve the methods of nasal reconstruction surgery to a great extent. At this point, a patient has a great number of reconstruction methods to choose from, depending on his/her particular case.
1. Local flaps
2. Regional flaps
4. Simple primary Suture closure
5. Skin grafts
6. One stage nasolabial flap
7. Two stage nasolabial flap
8. Forehead flap
9. Bone and Cartilage frame work reconstruction
Indications of Nasal Reconstruction Surgery:
1. One indicator of the need for this type of surgery is fractures in the nose that have changed the shape of the organ. Patients opt for this kind of surgery in order to improve their overall appearance.
2. Another indicator is fractures or other deformities that lead to breathing problems. Living with such problems is difficult; hence it is important to get nasal reconstruction surgery.
3. The presence of the Deviated Nasal Septum prevents proper breathing and increases vulnerability to ENT infections. Nasal reconstruction surgery can be used to fix this problem.
4. Deformities formed as a result of treatment of skin cancer can be fixed with the help of nasal reconstruction surgery.
Things to know about recovering from Nasal Reconstruction Surgery:
1. Medication taken orally help to counter the discomfort experienced after a nasal reconstruction surgery.
2. Usually, splints are used after the surgery. These are generally removed in a week.
3. Very soon normal daily activities may be resumed upon the doctor's instructions.
4. swelling is commonly observed in the nasal area, but this goes away within few weeks.
Microvascular repair of Ulnar Artery Ulnar Nerve & Flexor tendons injury at wrist level using Reconstructive Microsurgery.
#Surgery of the hand is a now an established specialty worldwide.
Microsurgery is one of the highly specialized services in Plastic surgery. It is performed with the aid of a microscope on the body structures that are difficult to visualize by the naked eyes. This department mainly deals with 'Replantations' (reattaching amputated parts of the hand, leg, scalp, etc) & free Microvascular tissue transfer for the massive defects due to trauma, cancer or infection.
Special features of this Hand & Microvasular Surgery Clinic include:
- A dedicated operation theatre with laminar air flow, exclusively for hand and Microvascular Trauma.
- Highly experienced & specially trained staff round the clock
- Plastic surgery consultants available on call.
- World class equipment including Carl Zeiss microscope, S & T microinstruments, portable Vascular doppler, B Braun Nerve locator C- Arm, Digital X-Rays, etc.
- Specially trained nurses for postoperative close monitoring of hand & Microvascular surgery patients.
- Skilled experienced hand physiotherapist with fully equipped Physiotherapy department needed for the very important post-surgery rehabilitation.
- Facilities for hand splints & compression garments.
Dermabrasion is a skin related surgical treatment used by cosmetic plastic surgeons to cure a number of ailments that may leave your skin looking less than healthy. This method basically employs a technique that removes the upper layers of your skin with the help of a rough edged diamond wheel or a wire brush. These edges are called a burr or a fraise.
● Areas and Conditions: The most common areas where this procedure is conducted include the face as well as the neck. It is mostly used to treat people who want to remove fine lines that form around the eyes and the mouth, as well as patients who are suffering from acne scars and other scars due to injuries.
● Preparation: The procedure includes cleaning and marking the area that is being treated. This is the first step that helps in seeing exactly what needs to fixed, the extent of the damage and the intensity of the treatment to be employed. Following this process, the doctor will administer a local anaesthesia such as, Lidocaine that will numb the area before the actual treatment begins so that the patient does not undergo any pain. If the plastic surgeon is going to treat deeper abrasions or the entire face, then general anaesthesia is used.
● Procedure: To begin with, a small area is exposed to the treatment at a time, rather than the entire area or face at one time. The surgeon may run the rotating brush or burr to remove the top layers of the skin. Gauze will be kept handy so as to wipe any bleeding that may take place during the process. Finally, the area will be covered with the help of non-adherent tulle gauze and dressing.
● Results: The recovery time is said to take anywhere between ten to twelve days. But this also depends on the severity of condition that was treated, as well as the area that was covered. Little or no pain may follow and regular cleaning will be required. To prevent hyperpigmentation, sunscreen lotions are used for six months. Follow up visits to the plastic surgeon will be required for further line of treatment.
Vitiligo is a skin disorder where white patches of depigmentation develop on the skin and keep enlarging. This disorder is long term and continuous in nature. The patches appear due to the death of melanocytes within the skin. Melanocytes are skin pigment producing cells, which produce melanin. Vitiligo can affect the skin of several areas, including the eyes, hair, lips, breasts, etc.
The causes of this disease are as follows:
- Autoimmune disorders in which the immune system of a patient becomes over reactive and the melanocytes are destroyed.
- Damage to the skin from burns or injury also leads to vitiligo.
- Exposure of the skin to several harmful chemicals may be a cause.
- Neural disorders are also responsible for white patches.
- Vitiligo may be hereditary and passed on from family members.
Vitiligo has only one major symptom. White, flat spots and patches develop on the surface of the skin. The earliest of these white patches appear on the parts of the body which are exposed to the sun continuously.
It starts off as a simple spot in the beginning and gradually, the spot starts getting pale and finally turns white. The patches have irregular shapes, and in some cases the edges get inflamed and are red in color. Itchiness may be sometimes experienced in some of the affected areas. Symmetrical patches of vitiligo can also occur.
The two major types of vitiligo are:
- Non segmental vitiligo, which affects the back of the hand, the arms, knees, elbows, feet, mouth.
- Segmental vitiligo, which is more stable than non segmental type but spreads faster. It is usually distributed in the areas of the skin, which are supplied by the same nerves.
The different methods of treatment for vitiligo are: Plastic surgery & medical line of conservative treatment.
Plastic Surgery Treatment for Vitiligo:
Indications: Surgery is very much helpful in stable vitiligo patches. Especially in marriage age group patients, if there is very slow or no response to medical treatment, then cosmetic plastic surgery is a better and quicker option.
Contraindications for surgery: In children & in active unstable vitiligo patches.
Outcome varies with the body areas involved such as lips, genitals, eyelids, bony prominences, etc.The various plastic surgical options are as below:
1) Non-cultured Autologous Melanocyte transfer technique for Vitiligo:
This surgery involves taking partial thickness skin graft from normal pigmented donor areas of patient and processing it in laboratory for 2 hours to make melanocyte-keratinocyte suspension. This suspension can then be transferred on to the depigmented & dermabraded recipient Vitiligo pathed. Melanocytes present in suspension will be taken up into the dermabrasion sites and will start producing pigment in 2 to 6 months period and patches will become near normal skin colour.This technique allows larger areas to be treated in a single session using relatively smaller donor site. Also color matching of treated areas is excellent.
2) Autologous Skin Grafts:
This is most commonly used surgical method. Plastic Surgeon harvest skin grafts from the normal, pigmented skin of patient and places these grafts on the dermabraded surface of depigmented areas of Vitiligo or leucoderma.
Such skin grafts are used as sheets of graft or as small stamp grafts with Meek Micro-grafting technique. Sheets of split skin grafts produce uniform pigmentations with no cobblstoning.
Medical or conservative line of treatment:
Phototherapy with UVB and UVA light: Exposing the affected area of the skin to UVB lamps is a popular cure for vitiligo. This treatment can be performed easily at home under guidance of a dermatologist. UVA treatment incorporates taking of a drug which makes the skin more sensitive to ultraviolet light and then the skin is exposed to high doses of UVA light.
Skin Camouflage: Cosmetic creams and makeup can be used to camouflage affected areas of the skin. These topical creams are waterproof.
Depigmentation: Depigmentation is used to treat very widespread areas affecting most of the body by vitiligo. The skin color of the unaffected areas is reduced in order to match the affected areas. It is done using topical ointments.
Vitiligo is a skin disease, the major causes of which are still to be discovered. Proper care and treatment should be taken for skin areas affected by vitiligo.