Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in Aurangabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhavan G MenonYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctors, I consulted a homeopathy doctor for trembling / shaking of legs & hands. He gave me tranquil tablets - SBL are they good for the my condition. Thanks
My mother suffering last year by headache I was check by doctor and reports he says that the headache is convert into migraine so what was the causes of migraine.?
I have neurological problem it was found to be SACD I was advice B12 Injection Monthly Now I have erectile dysfunction.
Hello everyone, I am Dr Atma Ram Bansal, an epilepsy expert at Medanta Medicity, Gurgaon. Today’s topic is how to deal with epilepsy.
Epilepsy is a very common problem, it affects all age groups of the patients, starting from very small kids, infants, adults and even elderly. The most important thing about epilepsy is the diagnosis. You should know what type of epilepsy is affecting you, because the treatment, the type of medicine, the duration of treatment depends on the type of epilepsy. Majority of patients can be treated through 3 years to 5 years, but some patients if it is a very small epilepsy, benign epilepsy, we can stop the medication in 6 months to one year. If it is difficult kind of epilepsy we may have to give treatment for even lifelong.
So, whether it is focal epilepsy, that is starting from one part of the brain or whether it is generalized epilepsy where the whole brain is getting excited, it is not a psychiatric problem; it is not a problem due to supernatural powers or something like that. It is a pure neurological issue, it can be treated by medications. MRI, good quality and EEG, especially during sleep helps us to know the type of epilepsy.
There are certain things that you should know while handling epilepsy. One, first aid; when you are getting a seizure or your family member is getting a seizure, you should know how to handle it. Firstly, when there are jerkings, when the body is jerking, don’t try to hold the arms and legs to stop those jerks, that can damage the bones. Once the jerks are over, turn the person to one side so that if there is any saliva or liquid, that goes outside. Don’t give anything by mouth that includes your spoon, any kind of liquid, any kind of cloth or anything like that. Don’t put your finger in the mouth that will not help. If there is a tongue bite, you cannot prevent it. Only thing is if you give something by mouth, the liquid that can go into the lungs and that can create problems for breathing.
Regarding treatment, if we know the type of epilepsy, most of the patients with one medication can easily be controlled. Some patients may need two-three medications and there are some 10-20 blood sugar patients for whom this medication won’t work. In those cases, we will prefer to do some more tests like video EEG. In those cases, we admit the patient, stop their medication and record the seizures. By recording the seizures we know that this particular part of the brain is abnormal and then even surgery can be considered in those cases. In some patients, especially children, a special diet like ketogenic diet is also effective. So if you can make a video during that attack, or if somebody is having those attacks, that video will definitely help in making the diagnosis. It’s not that epilepsy is a big factor in stopping your growth in life, it can easily be held and it can be treated, and if you are comfortable enough, if you are confident enough in such a scenario, you can lead a normal life, you can achieve a big milestone in your life without any problem. Only thing is that you take medicine at an appropriate time, take adequate sleep, avoid alcohol, smoking, and live a healthy life, you can do whatever you want, that will not create any problem.
Be positive, stay healthy, take medicines regularly, and if you have any question, you can meet me at Medanta Medicity, Gurgaon, or you can contact via Lybrate.
I have migraine since 4months I had consultant a lot of doctors but they unable to cure that. Will you prescribe any medicine to me.
My sister has shivering problem. She is always trembling. Especially her hands and legs. Does she have a hypertension problem or any nerve issue. She has always been terrified by family right from her childhood. Is it because of this or not. A neurologist ha prescribed her sleeping pills. And said she has tremor problem. Suggest something.
My hand keeps shaking I do not have a stress related problems I have good diet then why is it shaking nor do I consume alcohol once in a month and one cigarette per day what should I do and is there any exercise for it.
Twitching of face hands and legs and sometimes above eyebrows. Is this a sign of paalytic stroke? please help me. Its happening from last one week.
My father is suffering from neurological disorder with slow movement, excessive salivation, & imbalance. Some neurologist claim it parkinsonism & other neurologist (from NIMHANS) say this is due to excessive depression. He feel hallucination when syndopa is administered by him. I m now giving him bhrami sharbat of ramdev. Though progressing in slow movement & salivation is there, i have given him zandopa (ayurvedic). His allopathic medicines are clodral, evionLC & glycolate. Can i delay the progressing by ayurveda or allopathic treatment?
It is not that very easy to get complete recovery after spinal surgery and for that you have to rely on different caring tips. Your surgeon can help you in this regard and can provide you a checklist containing different essential caring tips. You should follow those tips sincerely so that unwanted side-effects can be easily avoided.
Few caring tips after a spine surgery:
- Consumption of adequate amount of proteins: If the protein content is increased in your diet, then quickest recovery can be definitely expected. Muscle collagen can be strengthened and healed with the regular intake of the necessary amounts of protein. In fact, infectious conditions can be effectively dealt with by protein intake.
- Getting adequate rest: Proper rest is needed and you should have enough sleep for getting complete recovery. If your body needs some more sleep than the standard one, then you should go for the same. Your mood, memory and body will get refreshed and rejuvenated by taking proper sleep at night. In fact, you can also get rid of pains and other side-effects after surgery by taking rest.
- Taking nutritional supplements: There are a few essential nutrients that are needed after the surgical procedure and they are vitamin D, vitamin C, Omega-3 fatty-acids, magnesium and others. These nutritional elements are now available in the form of supplements and are readily available in the stores. Though these supplements are completely organic, but still you should start taking the same when doctors permit you. These supplements help in collagen healing and thus speedy recovery can be gained by taking them in a consistent manner. Muscle heath can be effectively protected by consuming these supplements.
- Acute hydration: Hydration is highly needed especially after spinal surgery so that toxin accumulation can be prevented. If you want to get proper hydration, then nothing can be a better option than drinking lots of water. In fact, spinal surgeons also recommend the same for avoiding surgical complications. Tea, coffee and sodas need to be completely replaced with water. Your system can be thoroughly cleaned by draining out toxins.
- Eliminating refined sugars from diet: Refined flour and sugary products are to be completely curtailed from regular diet; otherwise you might face severe complications. Your blood-sugar level needs to be regulated. If your immunity system gets suppressed, then you will be in great trouble and hence sugar should not be included in your diet at all.
Hi, my mom has severe burning and prickling sensation on her nerve in left leg (thigh region) we took some test and the nerve doc said its the bone in spine got weak and that's the reason. But even the medicines are not working. Even her cloths are pain ful and burning to her. Pls help and suggest me with right doctor to cure this.
My sister suffered by migraine, she consulted many doctors even she tried art of living but still she not satisfied with problem.
Hi Migraine headaches frequency once or twice a month - cause change of weather, delay in food intake, oily head bath, stress, lack of sleep no other complications.
A Brain Tumour can be defined as an abnormal growth of the tissues in the brain, which can disrupt the proper brain functions. Generally, the cells in the human body die and are replaced by new cells, while in the case of a tumour, the old cells do not die and form an accumulation and continues to grow to form a mass as more and more cells are added to it.
Symptoms of Brain Tumour:
- Headache: Having headache on regular basis, without any history of having such frequent headaches in past, which becomes worse because of other pressure related activities, such as sneezing, coughing, exercising might be a possible symptom of brain tumour and issues related to such sudden and frequent headaches should be taken up with the doctor without any further delay.
- Seizures: Seizures (fits) are amongst the most common symptoms of brain tumour, which might be limited to a particular body part or the whole body. Seizures might even continue after the treatment of brain tumour because of the left scar tissues in the brain.
- Numbness in arms/legs: Numbness in any body part, especially arms and legs should also be get evaluated timely, so that, if the possible reason behind them is a brain tumour, then the same could be treated well on time.
- Balancing problems: Poor coordination and balancing problems also arise as the most prominent symptom for the brain tumour and hence such small changes must be evaluated and the person suffering should be taken to a doctor immediately to get treated without any delay.
- Memory problems: Lack of concentration, poor memory and short term memory loss are few of the possible symptoms that indicate the presence of tumour.
- Nausea or vomiting: Nausea or vomiting might be the symptoms of many other possible health issues, but a headache supported by nausea and/or vomiting is one of the many symptoms of a brain tumour and hence should not be ignored.
- Facial paralysis: The inability to keep the facial activities under control also indicates the presence of a possible brain tumour and the same should also be diagnosed as soon as one experiences it.
- Change in vision: A person suffering from brain tumour might also experience changes in the vision, dizziness, blurry vision, among other sight related issues.
- Change in speech: The inability to speak properly and changes in the speech of a person may also indicate a possible presence of a tumour.
- Hearing problems: Sudden occurrence of hearing problems and other hearing related disorders might have the brain tumour as a possible reason.
Diagnosing a brain tumour may include one or more of many tests, including CT scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Angiogram and biopsy. One should never ignore the symptoms of the brain tumour and should get himself/herself checked since the brain tumours might result into permanent damages to the brain; hence such issues should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.