Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Aurangabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandeep Joshi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep JoshiYour feedback matters!
I'm a diabetic person of age 20. I wish to gain weight while i'm just 58 kg now and 6 ft tall. Taking 5 egg whites per day and working out for 1.5 hrs but no result. Please suggest me if there is anything else to do.
Hi, I am 26 years female suffering from psoriasis as I was on isotretinoin my weight started to lose. My weight now is 48 kgs I have become very skinny. I need to put on weight what shud I eat and need an diet chart.
Nephrotic syndrome is a type of kidney disorder wherein, the body passes out the excess amount of proteins through urine, owing to the damage caused to the tiny clusters of blood vessels in the kidneys. The symptoms include putting on excessive weight as a result of fluid retention, foamy urine and severe swelling around the region of the feet, ankles and eyes.
The main feature of nephrotic syndrome is that the kidneys leak a lot of protein. Normally, urine contains virtually no protein. In nephrotic syndrome the urine contains large amounts of protein. What happens is that filters in the kidneys (the glomeruli) become 'leaky' and protein, instead of remaining in the blood, leaks out into the urine. Protein in the urine is called proteinuria.
The other key features of nephrotic syndrome are:
- A low level of protein in the blood as a result of protein loss in the urine. Although there is a drop in many of the proteins normally found in the bloodstream, the main protein that leaks from the blood into the urine is called albumin. A low blood level of albumin is main feature of nephrotic syndrome.
- Fluid retention (oedema). This is a consequence of the low level of albumin in the bloodstream, and other complex factors not fully understood.
- A high blood level of cholesterol and other fats (lipids). This is due to the change in the balance of various protein levels in the blood due to the protein leakage.
- Normal kidney function, at least initially. This means that the 'waste clearing' function of the kidneys is not affected - at least not at first. However, some of the conditions that cause nephrotic syndrome can progress to cause chronic kidney disease.
- Other typical symptoms and signs of nephrotic syndrome are discussed later.
Common causes behind it
Minimal change disease (also known as nil disease) leads to the abnormal functioning of the kidneys.. Most common cause almost 90% of children have this entity. No body knows why the Minimal change disease nephrotic syndrome occurs. Other reasons for nephrotic syndrome are infections, autoimmunity mediated and few medications.
Nephrotic syndrome (NS) is the name given to a collection of kidney-related findings in your child’s body. These include:
- proteinuria—high levels of protein in the urine (based on your child’s age and size)
- hypoalbuminemia—low levels of protein in your child’s blood, since it’s being passed out of his body in his urine
- edema—swelling. This happens because the proteins in your child’s blood act as a sponge to keep fluid in the blood. With fewer proteins to do this, the fluid may leak out of the blood into your child’s tissues, causing them to swell, especially around the stomach area.
- high cholesterol (blood fat) levels—low levels of protein in the blood stimulate the body to overproduce certain kinds of blood fats
- While nephrotic syndrome is not a disease, it can be the first sign of disease that can damage the kidney's tiny blood-filtering unit (glomeruli) where urine is made.
Here’s what you need to know about nephrotic syndrome:
- In the vast majority of children, NS is idiopathic, meaning that doctors don’t yet know what causes it.
- Nephrotic syndrome always affects both kidneys.
- It usually appears between the toddler and elementary school years, although it may appear later.
- There are thought to be two forms of nephrotic syndrome, minimal change disease (MCD) and focal sclerosis (FSGS).
- MCD is much more common in children, and likely to respond to therapy.
- FSGS is a more aggressive disease, and may lead to kidney damage.
- Most children with NS outgrow it by young adulthood.
Pediatric Nephrotic syndrome is mainly treated by high dose steroids. So we classify Nephrotic syndrome as Steroid sensitive Nephrotic syndrome and Steroid Resistant Nephrotic syndrome. As long as the Nephrotic syndrome is steroid sensitive, kidneys usually do not fail and eventually the child recovers. Other aspect of management of Nephrotic syndrome in kids is, that is a relapsing and remitting disease in more than 2/3 of patients, so parents must be making a Nephrotic diary as suggested by the doctor so that the relapse of disease is picked before the swelling appears. Target of Nephrotic syndrome treatment is to make the child grow normally and using steroid sparing agents in kids with frequent relapses and Steroid dependence else they can develop high blood pressure, short stature, cataract, glaucoma and diabetes which all are irreversible. Never start or stop the steroids on your own considering the side effect profile. All vaccines including oral polio drops are not to be given in children receiving daily dose steroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
In the rainy season, we need to drink boil water. Boiled water can be used for how many hours? And how much time one need to boil the water which is safe for drinking?
If you are suffering from trichomonas vaginalis, it is important for you to know about protecting yourself against this condition. Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that is caused by an organism known as trichomonas vaginalis. This disease is more common in women than in men. Men too can get infected and pass on the infection to their sexual partners.
Signs & Symptoms-
Up to half of infected men and women will not have any signs or symptoms at all. Signs and symptoms usually show up within a month of coming into contact with trichomonas. You might notice:
- Soreness, inflammation and itching in and around the vagina. This can cause discomfort when having sex.
- A change in vaginal discharge – there may be a small amount or a lot, and it may be thick or thin, or frothy and yellow. You may also notice a strong smell that may be unpleasant.
- Pain when passing urine.
- A discharge from the penis, which may be thin and whitish.
- Pain, or a burning sensation, when passing urine.
- Inflammation of the foreskin (this is uncommon).
A physical examination and certain laboratory tests are carried out for the diagnosis of trichomonas’s. Tests are carried out on a sample of the vaginal fluid to find out disease-causing parasites. It is harder to detect the parasite in men, than in women.
Commonly, a certain oral antibiotic is prescribed for treating trichomonas’s. It is the only medicine used for this purpose, but should be avoided by pregnant women. If you are infected, your partner should also be treated at the same time for the prevention of reinfection and further spreading. If you are undergoing treatment for trichomonas’s, it is advised that you avoid having sex until the treatment gets over and all symptoms get eliminated. You should take your medicine even if you improve and after the symptoms are gone. A retest should be carried out after three months to know about the infection’s status.
You can prevent or protect yourself from trichomonas’s vaginalis by taking the following steps:
- Have protected sex by using condoms every time.
- Sexual abstinence or limiting your sexual contact to one partner is recommended.
- Avoid sexual contact if you think you are affected.
You should consult a doctor on experiencing any genital symptoms such as burning urination, discharge, and the development of sores or rashes. Also, you must stop having sex with anyone after experiencing these symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sometimes my heart beat gets on the higher side while sitting and my whole body shake for some time and I feel week at that time. What could be the cause?
A higher Intelligence Quotient does not guarantee you happiness or success in life. To succeed in life, it is not your IQ, but your EQ that plays a bigger role. Emotional Quotient (EQ) or emotional intelligence stands for your ability to understand and manage your emotions effectively. It influences various aspects of your life, from how you behave to how you interact with others and has a direct effect on your happiness, life quality and self-satisfaction.
Several studies on emotional intelligence have revealed that while about 80% of the common man's success is linked to emotional intelligence, only the remaining 20% is a result of his intelligence quotient! So, how does EQ affect your life?
- At work: At the workplace, emotional intelligence can have a significant impact on your performance. It shapes your business as well as professional relationships, while helping you to navigate the social complexities that characterize a place of work.
- For your health: It affects your physical health too, as management of stress levels is directly linked to your EQ levels. High level of stress can make you susceptible to many diseases like stroke, heart attack, high blood pressure, etc. Likewise, if you're unable to handle and manage your emotions effectively, it can lead to mental problems like depression, mood swings and anxiety.
- Personal relationships: The role of EQ can't be ignored when it comes to building relationships. It enables you to communicate successfully, while helping you to build stronger relationships. Whether they are your professional relationships or personal ones, a better understanding and control of your emotions is imperative for not only a better expression of your feelings but also for a complete understanding of what others are feeling.
So, how can you improve your EQ?
Unlike IQ, you can certainly improve your EQ significantly by developing and honing these key abilities.
- The ability to manage negative emotions: Although both negative and positive emotions are needed to succeed in life, sometimes, negative emotions can overwhelm you and can affect your judgment. Developing skills that do not let negative emotions get to you can significantly increase your EQ level.
- The ability to reduce stress: Effectively controlling and managing stress is also an ability, the development of which can bring you great success in life. Staying focused, balanced and in control is what you should aim at when under severe pressure. You should be able to quieten yourself down quickly while relieving yourself from stress.
- The ability to stay positive even in times of difficulty: Last but not the least, when faced with a difficult situation or even a difficult person, it's crucial to remain positive as then the difficulty faced becomes easier to handle. Arriving at resolutions for difficult situations positively and with confidence is what you should strive to do.
EQ helps you to do well at work, build strong relationships and accomplish your personal and career goals.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!