Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Aurangabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Amit TakYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from my mental problem as I think much on those talks or things which are not relevant also.
I am 35 Years old woman. I was having meaningless disturbing thoughts. I am under medication. I am having thoughts like person dying and if the person dies due to some illness then I feel guilt on my thought. What can I do suggest please.
Hello I want to know about how to overcome a depression. Depression makes ne a silent and angry men. My age is 22.
Doctor, for the past one year, I have increased worries about my health. If a dog is near me, I need to check my legs for bite marks, a gust of air on my shoulder makes me feel like there was a bat, anything stinging makes me look for rats around me. This has brought my life to an absolute standstill. I fear moving out of my house, not because I fear that some animal might bite me, but because I feel that if it bites me, I'll fail to take the appropriate treatment. My physician prescribed me Lonazep and D Veniz, once daily for 10 days. I did not take it as I fear the severe side effects these medicines might have. What would you recommend me to do?
Serotonin is a chemical messenger that’s believed to act as a mood stabilizer. It’s said to help produce healthy sleeping patterns as well as boost your mood.
It’s even been looked at as a treatment for depression. This is because people who have depression often have a low serotonin level. Studies show that serotonin levels can have an effect on mood and behavior, and the chemical is commonly linked to feeling good and living longer.
Tips for boosting serotonin naturally:
They’re full of beta-carotene, which you can also get from pumpkin, spinach, sweet potatoes, and cantaloupe. Studies have linked this nutrient to lower levels of depression. There’s not enough evidence to say that it can prevent the disorder, but it can’t hurt to get more in your diet.
They’re packed with folate, which your brain cells need to work well and which may help protect against depression.
It’s a good source of vitamin D. If you have very low levels of this nutrient in your body, that can sometimes cause depression
Bananas are actually surprisingly high in tryptophan whilst also containing carbohydrates, making them one of my favourite foods that increase serotonin levels.
my son 9 yrs old having psychological problem since March, 2013 -self taking, laughing, sometimes angry, fear, depression. treatment is continued but no recovery. is it treatable or not
I am 23 year old male. Suffering from high pressure, heart break, failure,becoming alcoholic day by day. Want to die. Previous history in past I have been a drug addict break up was the reason after that have been to drug addiction center, then left all that stuff. After 4 years I have been suffering from high trauma now want to end up my life. I got no friends to share my story. Feeling sad and depressed all the time.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Depression makes a person miserable, disappointed, restless or numb for long and tedious timeframes, and is debilitating, particularly when they can't demonstrate their feelings and worries to anybody. It can meddle with their productivity and can become a concern not only in workplaces, but also in social circles.
So here's how to deal with a friend or family member in a depressed state of mind:
- Be considerate: Do understand that depression doesn't mean" trouble". Melancholy is a condition with an assortment of side effects like exhaustion, confused mind state and rest issues. These are all side effects of melancholy. Crabbiness is an exceptionally basic side effect, which once in a while is encountered by many individuals, and can lead to an expanded sensitivity. Normally, it's difficult to be sympathetic with someone who is behaving grumpily. But you need to make a conscious effort to still see the positive in depressed individuals and lead them to hope.
- Encourage and support: Try not to shame people for being negative. Dejection changes the world into a scene of pessimism. Discouraged individuals don't just focus on the negatives, but they also disregard the positives.
- Do validate: Approval can help manage a depressed state, and can wean a friend or family member out of depression. Remember that someone with dejection is not living in the same universe as you. The laws that oversee your universe don't exist in theirs. Depressed individuals require your understanding, your empathy, and your affection, considerably more when they are having a troublesome day, week or month. It is hard, but possible. Discouraged individuals value a positive backing in particular.
- Never say 'you're too much': When someone with depression is told "you're too much" particularly by somebody near them, it can send them spiralling into blame and nervousness and bitterness. Being encouraging and empowering is likewise useful.
- Be patient with the treatment process: A certain amount of trial and error in treatment is to be expected, Baer said. But the good news is that doctors can often help people with depression feel better and function better with a combination of medication and talk therapy, he added. With time and treatment, depression can lift. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.