Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Aurangabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Amar RathiYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/madam My name is Vishal and I am from Botad, Gujarat. I want to ask about my fitness. My weight is increasing day by day. Its about 100 kg now. I want to loose my weight. Please advice me how can I loose my weight? Its really hard for me to loose weight. I have loose my weight before this. But now it seems so hard for me to loose my weight. I am 26 and married. Please guide me what to do. Hoping for the best. One more thing is I am addicted to tobacco and I also want to quit it. Its also hard ro quit for me. Please advice me what to do.
Dr. I am stammering too much. Does that stammering have treatment or operation. I really worried about it so much.
Respected sir m physically challenged by my tongue. I have speaking problem I hesitate many times while speak (tutlaana) Any cure for this or is this go fine.
I am a software engineer, from 1 month I am feeling very weird feeling in my head. It feels like clouds around me and feeling like a continuous tight band around back of my head and its base. Its like something is squeezing it from behind. Its interfering with my daily life. And its get better when I lay down, But when I wake in morning same thing starts happening. please help me.
Dear doctor, im 19 year old male, a UG medical student, im facing problem of sleep, since from 12th class I usually study from 7pm to 4am. But after exams wen I want to sleep I will not get sleep upto 4am and after sleeping at 4am I wake up late morning and every time ill be late to the classes. Please doctor say me some solution and during class hours ill take 10min to 15min of nap for this problem. So, doc I want to get back to my normal sleeping awake cycle. What shud I do?
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping tomy self all the time. Please help me.
I cannot memories any studies. Very confused mind and cannot concentrate in studies. My age is 18+. What should I do to bring back my contraction back and memories power.
Hello sir i'm in the feel of depression, lost about my career in wrong path. I'm 23 years old and always think about the feature but it doesn't working out as planned. I have done civil engineering and done job for 1 year and decided to achieve govt job so went for coaching for 6 months but due late in notifications now i'm lost all my hopes on govt job so decided to go for usa for further education and mentally i'm in mood to go, but the now notification is released. Now i'm really feeling depressed about the wrong decisions taken in carrier and really feeling lost about my plans. My mood will be always unbalanced and felt in the trap of confusions, and i'm also suffering with loneliness because of no suitable persons or friends helped me out I can't take decisions on my own. All because of uncertainity i'm in depression, lost and loneliness having a feel to commit suicide also.
It is a common trend among youngsters to smoke weed as they tend to think it makes them look cool. It is a common misconception that smoking pot relieves various social and personal problems. It is used as a form of escape mechanism that allows them to avoid problems in life.
The usual reasons why people turn to smoking pot are:
- Peer pressure: You may have friends who smoke weed on a regular basis, so you may be tempted to join in.
- Boredom: It is a usual resort to escape from boredom or craving excitement. It is said that smoking weed helps in filling the internal void that results from lack of excitement.
- Rebellion: Weed has also been connected and continues to be a symbol of rebellion among today's teenagers and youngsters.
- Smoking weed has been shown to shrink the size of the orbitofrontal cortex, a region of the brain that is important in making decisions and processing emotions.
- It can alter your mood, hamper body movement and impairs your ability to concentrate and execute tasks.
- It increases your risk of getting affected by phlegm and cough.
- The long term effects of marijuana comprises of impaired learning and thinking skills.
- It also affects the process where new connections are formed in the brain.
- Regular weed smokers have also been shown to have lower IQ levels comparatively.
- Apart from the mental effects, it may also cause breathing discomforts as the smoke may irritate the lungs.
- It also increases the chances of heart attack in the elderly.
- Weed has also been reported to impact the fetus if a pregnant woman smokes it.
- It raises the risk of behavioral problems in children.
- The complications that a child may face are impaired problem solving skills, attention and memory related disorders.
Thus, it is important to stay away from smoking weed as it is addictive and increases your chances of getting affected by numerous health complications.
I am in a relationship with my bf from 5 months. But he already cleared that he can't marry me as his parents are very conservative and we both are of different castes. We both love each other. Is the relationship is worth keeping without commitment?
I am a 23 yr old ca student and want to increase concentration. I am having hard time while studying due to lack of concentration. Please help.
What Is Adjustment Disorder
Adjustment disorder is considered to be a group of conditions, which usually occur when a person experiences difficulty in coping with the stressful life events. These usually include relationship issues, job issues or the demise of a loved one. The incapacity to adjust to stressful events leads to psychological and sometimes physical symptoms.
Symptoms of Adjustment Disorder
The psychological and physical symptoms linked with adjustment disorder occur either during or instantly after a stressful event. The disorder only lasts for 6 months, but the symptoms might continue if the stressor has not been removed. The symptoms might vary from person to person.
The psychological symptoms are anxiety, crying, impulsiveness, lack of concentration, low or loss of self esteem, feeling hopeless, sad or trapped, and withdrawn attitude along with suicidal tendencies.
These physical symptoms can include trembling, twitching of the muscles, soreness, body pain, insomnia, indigestion and fatigue.
Adjustment disorder might display psychological and physical symptoms separately or together.
Types of Adjustment Disorder
There are 6 adjustment disorders and each one of them is associated with different symptoms:
1) Adjustment disorder with depressed mood: People diagnosed with this suffer from feelings of hopelessness and sadness is often related with crying. Also, a person might not enjoy the activities, which he earlier enjoyed.
2) Adjustment disorder with anxiety: Symptoms of this are anxiety along with being anxious, overwhelmed, and worried. People with this show less concentration and poor memory. When diagnosed in children, it is usually due to the separation anxiety from loved ones and parents.
3) Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood: In this both anxiety and depression is experienced.
4) Adjustment disorder with disturbance of conduct: The symptoms of this disorder are more about the involvement of the behavioral issues like starting a quarrel, reckless driving, destructing property and stealing. Teens suffering from this might become absent from school.
5) Adjustment disorder with mixed disturbance of emotions and conduct: The symptoms of anxiety, depression, and behavioral issues are observed.
6) Adjustment disorder unspecified: People who are diagnosed with this type of disorder usually display symptoms those are not associated with other disorders. They exhibit more of physical symptoms and problems with family and friends or at school and workplace.
Treatment of Adjustment Disorder:
If diagnosed with an adjustment disorder, a person can definitely benefit from treatment. This is usually treated with therapy or medicines or a combination of both.
- Therapy is the first choice. A health counselor or a psychologist can give counseling and if there is a need for medication, then you might be referred to a psychiatrist.
- Medication like Nonbenzodiazepine anxiolytic, SSRI or SNRI and benzodiazepines might be prescribed for reducing the symptoms of anxiety.
I have acidity problem der is nothing happening in stomach but I have high problem of acid reflux and also upper body pain.
I am 23 old female and I am suffering from depression. My mind was blank. What I do I don't know. My confidence is low. Always confused. My mind due to exam forgot what I read. I always feel fear. I feel so bad, guilty and stress. I never like to talk anyone. Always be a silent. Feel nervous to do some new. Feel fear to go among people. Always thinks that people will be ignore me when I try to talk. I have always blank mind. I feel good when some new things I do. But now due to depression I feel only laziness. Always I force myself to do something. Without forcing I am not able to do anything. I try hard to live a life. I never feel any enjoyment. And always comes a suicide thoughts because of my blank mind I m not able to see my future, any scope to live a life, now what I do?
Dear Sir, I have a problem, when I meet my GM or other superior persons, I feel anxiety and fear and my hands are feel shivering, in this same feel comes when I infront of others, I don't know is this mind related or any disease.
I have memory loss. Somebody says it is your genes or it happens with food they are says it right or not please give suggestion doctor. I want to do study well and I give happy to my parents. please help me doctor I request tooooo doctor.
Hello Sir meri kamar ke niche wale part me pain hota hai Jab bi standing me koi kaam karta hu to thx .
Hi. I exercise everyday 5 times a week with Shaun T's focus T25. I rest for two days. I know my body needs rest but I'm afraid if I don't do any physical activity for these 2 days that I'll gained back some fat that I worked so hard to get off. This has happened to me a few times before and it just makes me so depressed and frustrated. What do you suggest I do to prevent this?
I am in stage of depression. My mother was the patient of Schizophrenia. I am feeling I have some symptoms of this as per I read about Schizophrenia in Internet.
An intense fear of social situations that leads to difficulties
with personal relationships and at the workplace or in school is most common in people with social anxiety disorder. Individuals with social anxiety disorder often have an irrational fear of being humiliated in public for “saying something stupid,” or “not knowing what to say.” Some people use drugs and alcohol to try and reduce their anxiety. This is very dangerous because even though some drugs make people feel less anxious when they are high, anxiety becomes even worse when the drugs wear off.
Treatment for Social Anxiety Disorder
What treatments are available for anxiety disorders?
Effective treatments include medications and psychotherapy techniques like imagined exposure. In most cases, a combination of psychotherapy techniques and medications is most beneficial.Some commonly used medications for anxiety
disorders are medications called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors
(SSRIs) like sertraline (Daxid), escitalopram (Nexito) & many more. In addition, importance of having a good diet and getting enough sleep are known to decrease symptoms in people. Regular exercise has also been scientifically proven to be effective.