Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Aurangabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amar RathiYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old medical student. I have the habit of smoking from the past 1 year. In the short time I became very addicted to it that I smoke 15-20 cigarettes a day. I realized it's cause and decided to quit smoking. I stopped smoking for 2 days. Now it became more harder like cough, sleeplessness, anxiety to smoke, and so on. As a medico I know these are withdrawal symptoms. But how to get rid of it? please help me.
Mai 7mnth se pregant hu. Mai bahut jyada stress me hu kyuki mere husband se mere relation kuch thik nahi h mai jab bhi akele me hoti hu bahut jyada roti hu bahut, kaafi jyada stress me bhi hu. Mai kya karu pls tell me.
I am student studying 11 th standard tell me that when to sleep and get up earlier can I use these phones in 11th and 12th standard to get good marks.
Hi, am 21 yrs old now.Since many years I hav a habit of biting my nails.Even after many people scolding me I am unable to leave dat habit.Wat can I do?
I want to know how a person can be treated who is afflicted with Alzheimer's disease? What is Alzheimer's disease?
I am a 3rd year engineering student staying in pune and I am feeling something like depression or homesick or do not know .plzz help.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time please help me.
How can we manage stress? I dont usually take stress easily but once it gets too much I turn out to be an outburst of wrath I am 18 and am a student I just feel headaches eye aches and I feel I cannot breathe once I lose my patience. Please help me get my anger down and help myself be calm even at the hardest moments. Thank you
My relative age-30 yrs suffering from psychiatric problem and taking medicine sulpitac-100 tab and sulpitac-300. What type of mental disorder is? is this curable? symptoms: negative thoughts, bad dreams and lac of confidence on any body at work place specialy.
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.