Doctor in ENT Hospital And Vertigo Clinic
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Throat Ache
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Ear Wax Removal Procedures
Treatment of Nose Infection
Treatment of Neck swelling
Submit a review for ENT Hospital And Vertigo ClinicYour feedback matters!
ENT Hospital And Vertigo Clinic Feeds
Meniere’s disease is a condition of the middle ear, the exact cause of which is not known. If often affects one ear and affects adults who are aged over 40. It is diagnosed by few characteristic symptoms:
There could be periods of dizziness, where the patient falls, known as “drop attacks.” These attacks are followed by long periods with no symptoms whatsoever. It is unpredictable and so a patient can never really be prepared for an attack. While it is not easy to diagnose the condition, doctors do a detailed history to confirm the diagnosis. Hearing test, CT scan, and MRI may be used to confirm the diagnosis.
Management: There is no definitive treatment for this condition. However, various options have been proposed, and many people have found them to be helpful. Some commonly used measures including diet and cognitive therapy are listed below:
- Medications: There is no medication to attack the root cause. Medicines are used often to control dizziness, which is the most irritating symptom of this condition. Meclizine and diazepam are often used. In some people, gentamicin or corticosteroid injections are used. However, long-term use of gentamicin can cause hearing loss.
- Salt restriction: Reducing salt intake indirectly reduces the fluid retention in the body, which helps manage the blood pressure and vertigo
- Dietary changes: When a detailed history is taken, there are patterns which indicate that increased caffeine, chocolate, or alcohol worsen the symptoms. These are reduced with an intent to reduce the symptoms
- Pulse treatment: A pulse of air is pushed through to the inner ear, which helps in symptom relief. This device fits into the outer ear, and when the pulse of air is pushed through, it improves fluid circulation within the middle ear, which is believed to be a cause for the condition.
- Surgery: As a last resort, some surgical options are used:
- A shunt is placed in the middle ear to drain out the excess fluid and maintain balance.
- Labyrinthectomy may also be done to reduce symptoms, which may also involve removal of the eighth cranial nerve, which is believed to be the cause.
- Hearing aids can be used if the hearing loss is severe.
- Alternative medicines including acupressure and acupuncture are proven to reduce symptoms in some people.
- Herbs like gingko biloba and ginger root have also been used, not with proven effect though.
- Prevention: When possible, avoid
- Operating heavy machinery
- Use of ladders
- Being on terraces without somebody supervising
The human ear is divided into three parts, namely the outer, middle and inner ear. All these parts function in coherence with each other and help us in converting vibrations into sound and information. The middle ear consists of the air space between the inner ear and the outer ear and contains the bones that transmit the vibrations of the outer ear and translate them into information. This area is prone to infections, especially among children and thus may cause discomfort or pain.
Symptoms of middle ear infections-
Middle ear infections primarily tend to manifest themselves as inflammation of the tissues and buildup of fluids. Some of the symptoms are mentioned below.
Infections in children - Middle ear infections primarily occur in children although it can occur in adults as well. Some of the common symptoms could be:
a. Ear pain either sitting or standing up and especially while lying down
b. Irritability and crying, which is infants could translate to more than usual crying
c. Problems with sound and difficulties in hearing
d. Fluid buildup causing balance related problems
e. Discharge of fluid in certain cases
f. Unable to sleep and also loss of appetite
g. Some cases children may have high fever
Causes of middle ear infections-
The primary cause of middle ear infection is due to the presence of bacteria or virus in the area. The Eustachian tube, which runs from the middle ear to the back of the throat, is connected to nasal passages as well. Any infection that affects the throat or the nose may also affect the middle ear through this tube. Primary causes for the infections could be:
a. Cold or flu-like symptoms which then infect the middle ear as well
b. Otitis media, which is the buildup of fluid and inflammation either due to the presence of bacteria and viruses or even without it.
c. Seasonal infections which are common during late autumn or winters
d. Air pollution is also known to be a factor
e. Infection from others, especially in the case of children when they are part of a group care
f. Children from 6 months to 2 years are also susceptible to middle ear infections as their immune systems are much less developed.
Treatment of middle ear infections-
Usually, middle ear infections resolve on their own within a day or so. You can try warm compress with a soft piece of cloth to ease the pain. However, if pain persists for too long then antibiotic medications may be required to fight the infection with pain relief medications to lessen the pain and discomfort.
I am suffering from tonsillitis and bad breath/unfresh feeling in mouth. How do I get rid of it? Augmentin seems to be of no help.
I am 26 year old, I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. Me and my wife wants to have a baby. Can she get pregnant by inserting sperm with finger to her vagina?
मेरे गले और मुँह में 3 महीने से सीधी तरफ अटकापन, गले में खराश, खुजली व जलन रहती है, कभी कभी पूरे मुँह व जीभ में छोटे छोटे छाले निकल आते हैं, बहुत ही अजीब सी बेचैनी रहती है,सही मार्गदर्शन करें!
I am 33 year old lady. From last few days I am suffering from ear pain especially when I talk on mobile phone. Please suggest some treatment.
Viruses are the most common cause of pain in the throat or sore throat, and it is often accompanied by cold symptoms like running nose, red watery eyes, cough and sneezing. Smoking, irritants in the air and pollution are the main causes of sore throat. It becomes very difficult to swallow food in such a condition when an individual experiences pain, itchiness or irritation in their throat.
Symptoms of Sore Throat
The Nasal passages get blocked
-Inability to gulp down food
-Severe pain in the throat which is followed by coughing
-Lymph glands get swollen
-Fever is followed by Chills
When to Visit the Doctor?
It is very important to visit your Doctor if the pain in the throat lasts for longer time, and it is accompanied by symptoms like join pain, difficulty in breathing and fever. The primary symptom of sore throat is pain in the throat and other symptoms like hoarseness and white patches on the tonsils also occur under this condition. People of all age groups can get affected with this condition, but it affects mostly children and smokers. People with weak immune system and suffering from allergies are also prone to pain in the throat.