Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in vallabh vidhyanagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
My friend has lost whole 7 of his front tooth in an accident now what is the solution and expenses please help.
I am 25 years old I under went ortho treatment 1 yr back for spacing on both upper and lower front teth. I removed my braces and now relapse again so I have space between my upper incisors. Nw im wearing a clear retainer so how long I use it? How to clean my clear retainer? Should I wear in night tym? After removing frm my mouth where should I place it in water or any solution or should I keep it like that
In 2008 I got my right side lower jaw wisdom tooth removed next tooth root canal was done in September this year severe pain started visited dentist he took an X-Ray & said infection in root canal as it was not properly done. Re-Root canal got done but again suddenly pain started Dr. advised to take Metrogyl 400 for 5 days pain stopped, cement filling was done & Cap was fixed but from second day pain again started I visited Dentist again he says will remove cap & filling keep it open with some cement in it for few months the infection will automatically go & then he will fill & fix the cap is this procedure correct? Please advice.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.
Sir, I am suffering from teeth/gums pain,since two days also I have Diabetic which is under control. Any medicine for early recovery ?
Apply a paste of lemon juice and baking soda for whitening of teeth.
Apply alumin powder at night on your teeth for two to three minutes, hold it, and clean it with water daily for five minutes at night. Your teeth will shine.