Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Pansora. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Simon Kherani
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Simon KheraniYour feedback matters!
Surrogacy is the method that is used for reproduction in which a woman other than the woman, who wants to have the baby, agrees to undertake pregnancy and give birth to a child for the couple that appoints her. A couple can opt for surrogacy in the following conditions.
In the case of females who cannot reproduce due to infertility or some other medical conditions that make the process risky for both the mother and the childlike heart diseases, liver infirmities and high blood pressure, surrogacy can opt for so that the couple can experience the bliss of becoming parents.
- If you are a single parent
A single parent can opt for surrogacy in order to fulfil his/her dream of having a child to live for.
- Other factors
There are several other factors when a couple might want to opt for surrogacy. For instance, in couples, where the female is too busy building a stable career for herself and she cannot take the risk of opting for pregnancy, surrogacy can come to their rescue. Also, repeated miscarriages, pelvic disorder, hysterectomy, an impaired uterus or the absence of uterus can act as reasons to opt for surrogacy.
There are a few factors that need to be considered before opting for surrogacy. They are listed below.
Type of surrogacy
Traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy are the two options available. In traditional surrogacy, the surrogate mother not only carries the embryo in her womb until childbirth but also donates the egg. However in gestational surrogacy, the egg is taken from the biological mother and impregnated in the womb of the surrogate mother through in vitro fertilization techniques. The intended parents need to take a decision regarding the type of surrogacy that they wish to opt for.
The intended parents must be aware of the surrogacy laws prevalent in their country so as to make sure that they can go through the entire process smoothly. For instance, in India, it is mandatory that the surrogate child should be biologically related to one of the two parents.
Cost of surrogacy
Another important factor that needs to be considered while opting for surrogacy is the cost of the undertaking. It can involve high costs due to the unpredictability of the situations surrounding the process, so the financial stability of the intended parents should be kept in mind. Also, choose the right agency or even if you choose an independent candidate to become the surrogate mother for your child, make a wise choice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
The liver is a key organ in metabolism and will have some amount of fat. However, excessive fat accumulation in the liver can be abnormal and is referred to as fatty liver. If the fat content exceeds anything more than 5% to 10% of the liver’s weight, it would be referred to as fatty liver.
Types - There are mainly two types based on causes:
- Alcoholic fatty liver: This is very common in people who consume excessive amounts of alcohol. Even a one-off instance of binge drinking can cause increased fat accumulation in the liver, but it would not produce any symptoms though. Preexisting hepatitis, pregnancy, obesity, and genetic predisposition may also lead to alcoholic liver disease.
- Non-alcoholic liver disease: This is the less common type of fatty liver, and there would be no alcoholic abuse history here. However, there could be genetic predisposition, obesity, autoimmune liver disease, malnutrition, which can lead to this condition.
Fatty liver disease is a chronic condition with insidious onset (meaning to say, the exact time of onset cannot be pinpointed). However, as the disease condition progresses, symptoms will become evident, which can trigger a medical evaluation to identify the fatty liver. Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive fatigue and weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble focusing and concentrating
- Impaired judgment
- Constant, slow enlargement of the liver can cause pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen (where the liver is)
- There could be jaundice, where the skin and the white of the eyes turn pale yellow
- Symptoms of liver failure, including increased levels of proteins in the chemical tests.
As noted earlier, it is not easy to identify liver disease, as there are no specific symptoms. However, the above symptoms could point to a potential fatty liver.
- Blood tests, especially for liver enzymes
- Ultrasound, where the liver is imaged to look for any structural changes
- Biopsy, where liver tissue is extracted to confirm the diagnosis of fatty liver
There is no specific treatment for fatty liver. It can be managed through the following, where symptoms reduce in severity, and overall prognosis improves.
- Diabetes control: There is a relation between how well diabetes is controlled and severity of fatty liver. Improving diabetes control ensures fatty liver does not progress.
- Alcohol: Cutting down or even better quitting alcohol, definitely helps improve symptoms. If it is alcohol induced fatty liver, alcohol should be stopped.
- Weight management: Obesity and fatty liver are related, so weight management is essential.
- Healthy diet: Eating a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen also helps improve symptoms of fatty liver.