Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Psychiatrists online in Amritsar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumesh Khanna
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Fear
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Sumesh KhannaYour feedback matters!
Stress has become a part and parcel of everyday life. What people miss here is that stress can actually be the cause of various disorders, many of them severe as well. However, don’t worry as this article would try to share information on some of the easy stress management tips you can make use of every single day of your life.
Top five tips for stress management:
Before jumping onto the bandwagon, first you need to understand that every individual is different, and so are their psychological, emotional and physical environments. Thus, what might help one person to deal with his/her stress levels might not help another human being.
- Breathe: Let your lungs breathe out all your stress that is building inside you. Breathing instantly helps you relax as your diaphragm oxygenates your blood. Take a deep breath while you put your hand on your abdomen and hold on for a few seconds. Slowly exhale and you will instantly feel the difference. For better results, repeat it a few times.
- Smile: Smiling has its own advantages. Studies show that smiling can calm you. When you smile, nerve impulses are transmitted to your limbic system that help the brain to switch on the calm mode.
- Try some numbers: Rating the seriousness of your present situation can help you relive some of your stress. Rate your problem on a scale from 1 to 10; 1 being the least stressful events and 10 being the most terrible ones. Mostly, the issues we face range between 2- 5. Hence, mostly the issues we face are not gross. They can be handled without a fuss.
- Fight It Out: Many people start complaining the moment they face a problem. Stop being a victim; it triggers more stress and helplessness.
- Dealing with your situations on the face helps you feeling comfortable. If you miss the bus, wait for the other bus. Find the alternatives of your situation.
- Learn to say no: There is no need to appease all at every time. Learn to say ‘NO’ if you figure you would not be able to handle the particular situation well, given the resources and framework that you have at your disposal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering from depression for the last 20 years , at present on medication of the following for the last 10 years , it is being just sustained but unable to cure it completely . Can I get any alternate therapy or any kind of other suggestions from you .
While most children share a strong bond with their parents, especially the mother, some infants are unable to establish lasting relationships with their parents or caregivers. This is known as attachment disorder. It is a rare yet serious condition as it affects the child’s relationships at a later stage and also triggers delinquent behavior. Children, who have been abandoned, orphaned or are victims of abuse are the most vulnerable to this condition.
What causes attachment disorder?
The exact cause for attachment disorder is not yet understood. However, researchers have put together a number of viable hypotheses for this. One such hypothesis suggests that when needs of a child are ignored or when he begins to feel unwanted, the child begins to expect hostility, negativity and rejection. This is a learnt response and the child begins to feel that his needs are unwanted. With time, these responses make the child untrusting and he withdraws into himself to avoid social contact. This affects the development in the brain and causes attachment problems that affect the child’s personality and future relationships.
Risks associated with it
Some children are at a higher risk of attachment disorder than others. This includes
- Children living in orphanages or other such institutes
- Children whose caregivers are changed frequently
- Children who have had prolonged hospitalization
- Neglected children
- Children who have suffered from physical, sexual or verbal abuse
- Children living in extreme poverty
- Children born to parents with mental conditions or anger management problems
- Children born to a mother suffering from post partum depression
There are two types of attachment disorders; inhibited and disinhibited.
- Inhibited attachment disorder: Children suffering from inhibited attachment disorder are likely to be:
- Unresponsive to comforting ie. they shun all types of relationships and generally do not get along with their peers or caregivers.
- Disinhibited attachment disorder: On the other hand, children suffering from disinhibited attachment are likely to:
- Seek attention
- Display inappropriate behavior
- Frequently break social boundaries
- Be inappropriately familial and attached to selective figures.
Additionally, children suffering from either type of attachment disorder are manipulative, destructive, moody and lack compassion and remorse.
Effects of attachment disorder
If not managed properly in its early stages, this disorder can continue into adulthood. This leads to:
- Relationship problems with peers, friends and family members
- Low self esteem
- Anger management
- Academic problems
- They are also at a high risk for drug abuse and alcohol addiction
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Making brain feel sluggish or drowsy or exhausted depends on the interplay between few brain chemical norepinephrine dopamine n serotonin. Norepinephrine and dopamine make you alert and serotonin makes you calm and drowsy. Food for a good concentration level. Egg, sprouts, fish, flax seed, walnut improve brain performance and prevent brain illness Alzheimer, depression. Antioxidant-rich fruit and veg like apple, strawberries, mangos, lemon, are great for brain. Vitamin b complex, beta carotene n vit c are important in preventing free radical damage of the brain. They also play a vital role in energy generation in preserving attention n memory.
I feel totally exhausted I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder when I study I feel totally mentally exhausted but after taking modalert I feel mentally active and able to do the task in hand even the most boring task I can do very easily is modalert safe to take with bupropion xl 150 mg in morning.
Symptoms and Treatment for Chronic Pain
Hi. I am Dr. Shantanu Mullick from Navi Mumbai, Pain Clear Clinic. Today, the whole world is suffering from chronic pain.
Million patients they are suffering from different types of chronic pain like back pain, neck pain and cervical spondylosis. Mainly, due to their lifestyle disorders but they are also suffering from different complicated pains like cancer pain, but most of the patients they are suffering from chronic pain with frozen shoulder, knee pain, back pain. They are going for surgery but many times these surgeries may not help in that way. That is why this newer therapy, intreventional pain therapy which is nowadays throughout the world and very much effective to support this kind of chronic pain to rule out the disease as well as to treat the level of the root cause.
Normally, the patients who are suffering from the back pain, many times I have seen that after regular therapy , physiotherapy, exercise, they are not getting relief and they are going for the surgery. In those cases, interventional pain therapy will help the to rule out the cause. We do treat these patients according to MRI reports but all these treatments are done without surgery. So many times, surgery may not help these kind of back pains and in cervical pains. So in those pains, interventional pain therapy, without damaging the anatomy helps a lot. So if you see the pain where we can see the patient is suffering from disc pain. We can see here the nerve root coming there and the disc is bulge and we commonly call it as slip disc problem or disc hernation. In those cases, the surgeons are getting the bones, there is a lamenectomy but without doing surgery as per MRI report we are under forescopic guidance in the operation theatre we are going inside the disc and treating them without any surgery and day care.
So patients automatically get very good relief and after that we are able to support the patients with physiotherapy exercises and this way we can help different types of patients suffering with back pain, neck pain. On the other hand, in case of cancer pain also when the patients are not getting relief with the morphine or from very strong pain killers, we can support them with interventional pain therapy to block their pains permanently working in the spinal cord.
Another, dreadful pain condition is trigeminal neuralgia where patient is suffering from pain in the face usually the pain comes where patients complain of sharp shooting, electric shock kind of pain. It will appear on one side of the face. Actually the trigeminal nerve is coming from the brain and it is supplying the nerves of the face in three ways. Usually it happens in one side and those patients initially are treated with medical therapy and any times they are not getting support in those cases we are treating with radiofrequency ablation therapy. So different types of new treatments have for this chronic pain where patients without knowing their disease, they keep on taking pain killers and damaging their other organs of the body so that is why pain management nowadays is a very very effective subject and separate speciality to support the chronic pains those who are suffering from long types of disease.
At last, I want to say if you want to more about this, contact us through lybrate.com.