Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Amritsar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Satish SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi am shal, I have 2 kids, elder girl 4 years old have tooth decay for her front tooth's what is the solution, and how to prevent her teeth's from this age.
Hi, I am 31 years old. I am a male. I Was 76 kgs and was facing cholesterol (247) problem and consulted a dietician. She gave me a diet plan just reverse of my eating habits. I totally left ghee, butter, minimum consumption of fried, left mayonisse, reduced chapatis from 7 to 4. And lost much weight in just 2 months. Now I am 68 KGS and still reducing. Now I am concerned I. E. why I am losing 2-3 kgs every month. What can be the possible reasons?
A migraine is considered to be one of the worst headache of all. It causes excruciating pain along with a range of other symptoms. Notably, a migraine pain is very different in nature compared to general headache. A migraine pain is mostly felt on any one side of the brain. Since a migraine is difficult to diagnose, here is a list of 5 signs that will help you to understand, if your headache qualifies as a migraine:
- Vision splotches: It is very common among migraine patients to experience blind spots and a sudden flash of light. While this might appear to be a little unusual, it is pretty normal for migraine patients. The visual cortex of the brain is responsible for incidences like these. They often pace up and slow down to cause such unnatural feelings. For cases like this, the nerve gets activated by the optical lobe and crashes immediately resulting in such sensations. These visible auras are felt by both the eyes.
- A spinning sensation: A migraine patient often gets a swirling sensation. This requires them to immediately lie down. This is accompanied with nausea and throwing up. Certain migraine-induced changes caused in the brain causes hearing imbalance which is very similar to vertigo. These auras often serve as the onset of a migraine and can last for over one hour before the actual migraine cycle starts. If a person is suffering from these symptoms, it is a clear indication that he is suffering from a migraine.
- Light sensitivity: Migraine patients often becomes oversensitive to sound and light. This is perhaps the reason why most migraine sufferers like to spend more time in dark and solicitude. Studies have shown that sudden exposure to light activates the optic nerve fiber which in turn activates the pain receptors in the brain. A study conducted by the Nature Neuroscience journal conducted in the year 2010 showed that even blind person (with a migraine) suffers from a sudden glow of light.
- Touch sensitivity: Sensory auras often cause sharp pain from tiniest of touches. This is a condition known as the allodynia. This is a condition by which the spine and the brain get super excited by the inflamed blood vessels. This condition should be reported to a doctor since the most common medicine of a migraine does not work well if a patient is suffering from allodynia.
- Funny Face: Aura of the tongue, face and lips are known as cheiro-oral. There is a type of aura that makes even speaking and eating difficult. At time sufferers feel that they are suffering from serious diseases such as brain tumor. If this condition prevails, it makes sense to consult your doctor at the earliest and start medication.
I have pimples on my cheeks, my skin is oily and I want to get a clear skin without pores on my face.
For the past week I am having loose motions although im eating light food as a precaution and also no stomach ache. What should I do?
My wife is suffering from long period time stay (10-15days) since 2/3 month's. And take medicine but no relief. What should we do? Is there any chances of tumor? please help me.
Hi, I have lumps like pimples on my nose. sometime I feel itching, these are present from long. When I was 10 class, I had these lumps on my nose, tgat time only 2 lumps, now 6 lumps are present on my nose. Please help me.
Watermelon ke bht saare benefits hai .mai pregnancy time Chal raha hai .main jab bhi watermelon kha rahi hu to Jaldi digest Nhi ho pata hai .Aisa Kyu ho raha hai .thank you.
Hello doctor, Its difficult to explain my whole mental situation in here but i will give you a small brief. I had suffered from depression back in 2012 and was consulted by few psychiatrist on and off till end of 2013 and after that i went to new zealand for studies and now i am back in india.I believe i had and i am suffering from multiple disorders.Before going to New zealand i thought i am better than before and everything will be fine soon,but my situtaion has gone worse.I Have'nt take any medication since nov 2013 for that as i really dont want to get addicted to medications.Sometimes i am fine when i am doing my stuff but when i come back into real world i feel like theres no hope for me.There's a lot of things going in my head which i am aware of but dont know how to get rid of them.Please reply
I'm 29 years old and I've got TSH of 4.8,LDL/HDL ratio is 5.189 and HDL cholestrolof 30. What should I do? Should I take tablets for Thyroid?/
My weight is 30 kg and I am very thin also I want to gain weight and fat as soon as possible how can I do that.
Hello sir Please can you tell me how can I grow my chicks I am looking very skinny just because of my chicks Please only reply with my email id PLEASE DON'T CALL ON GIVEN NUMBER.
Haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I have black spots as pimples on my face. I used any removal cream but no action for 2years see any action. What should I do.
I have white spots in my all body. I used scar removal cream for 4 month but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I am 16 years old. I am suffering from urticaria related disease. Skin swells and becomes red after applying pressure. My doctor consulted and said its something like hives. Taking medicines since two months.. Now totally tired. Still not cured. What should I do?
What is a dowager's hump?
The term dowager's hump is a more casual term for the medical condition referred to as kyphosis. It is the uncommon curvature of the thoracic vertebrae of the upper part of the back in an outward direction.
It is most commonly seen in women than in men. When the front part of the vertebrae becomes involved and gets compressed due to osteoporosis, it will later on result to the spine bending forward and producing a hump at the upper back portion.
What causes a dowager's hump?
The hump can be caused by other conditions and these should be determined in order to get the correct treatment. Based on the research of the university of maryland medical center, this kyphosis problem can be caused by genetic abnormalities.
The disfiguration in the patient's genes can result to the inappropriate growth of the vertebral column. Other conditions linked with other congenital problems could also cause this hump.
It is also been mentioned in some studies that it can also be due to wedge fractures wherein the front part of a vertebra collapses causing the spine to be misaligned a little. The above part of the fracture tips forwards and creating a slight back curve.
As the vertebra over the wedge fracture is tipped forward, it puts pressure on other vertebrae that could lead to developing a wedge fracture in another vertebra. The more wedge fractures are occurring; the back gets more bowed. In severe cases, a person's back can be extremely bent over.
How is a dowager's hump treated?
There are several ways to treat dowager's hump. The main goal of treatment for this condition is by preventing bone loss, although it can also be utilized as a management which is beneficial for patients who experience pain resulting from vertebral fractures.
The procedure is called vertebroplasty, where bone cement is injected to stabilize the vertebrae. Another procedure for this condition is performing kyphoplasty for individuals with compression fractures in the bottom half of the spine.
Exercises for dowager's hump
Based on some research studies in the medical society, yoga exercises can be a great contribution in treating dowager's hump. The upper spine curvature of individuals who did yoga for six months reduced the back problem by about five percent compared to those who did not.
Here are some 5 easy poses that can be done to straighten the spine:
Sit straight at the front edge of the chair with the butt firm and flat. Secure the feet on the floor by steadying it there. Inhale and stretch out the spine upward. Bring the shoulders down along with the head placed over the spine, then breathe uniformly keeping the posture for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Sit in the same seated mountain position then pull the head backward as if making a double chin. Do it again for 6 to 10 times. Do not lift or jut the chin in a forward manner. Focus on the backward movement with the shoulder rolled and lifted when inhaling, then compress the shoulder blades together at the back when exhaling. Do it 6 to 10 times in full circles.
Sit tall. Inhale while clasping the hands behind the back. Hold the arms away from the body when exhaling. Do it all over for 3 to 6 times. Remain in the same pose by continuously breathing if desired.
Sit tall as above. Keep the fit firm on the floor and draw the head back. Stay in this posture, and then bend forward by not rounding the spine. The muscles in the abdomen should remain firm and shoulders should be square. Bend back as far as possible with the feel still planted on the floor. Go through again for 10 to 20 times.
Methods of prevention for dowager's hump
Preventive measures must be taken to avoid this condition. Tips that can prevent dowager's hump include:
Daily doses of vitamins c and d
Work-outs for coordination and balance in order to prevent spine fractures
Eat a healthy and balanced diet
Training for strength and weight.