Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Psychiatrists online in Amritsar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjay Kumar
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Fear
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old, I have a problem for past 6 month that I have some problem of my sensation power , when I walk it seems like after hangover situation, I can't concentrate in my study. Sir what should I do now,
I can not remember that what I am study after 1 hour and also some times I have forgetting immediately as the same time I was thanked. Haw can relief from it?
Psychiatry is not just a form of medicine to identify and treat the psychiatric illness, but it also helps in improving attention, cognition, memory and concentration. Psychiatry has its role in different fields and working in the field of memory improvement is quite interesting. Memory is basically the process through which a person stores information for days, months and years.
Human brain is a dynamic entity and has wonderful capacity to store information and recall it as and when required. However, our memory is affected by a number of reasons, such as aging, accidents, negligence and certain diseases, which involves our brain and nervous system. Further, the memory of an event will improve, based on the frequency at which it has been recalled.
Apart from the frequency of recall, psychiatry can also help a person to improve the capacity of brain and sharpen their memory to store incidents or events for a prolonged period of time.
How along with psychiatric therapy you can improve your memory
- Improving your concentration while doing any work will naturally improve your memory. Doing things with concentration will help us in storing information for a longer period of time.
- Relieving your mind from stress or anxiety is also a great way to improve your memory as stress has the ability to hamper your memory.
- Eating a balanced and nutritious diet is essential for a better memory. For increasing the memory power, psychiatrists insist on a diet which is anti inflammatory, rich in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- A simple 20 minute exercise routine will not just help you to stay fit physically, but mentally as well.
- It also important to sleep properly, as sleep helps your mind and body to prepare for the next day. It is also advised to have a short nap in the afternoon to improve your brain functioning during the day time.
- Smoking and frequent consumption of caffeine also hampers your memory, thus, it is advised that one should quit smoking and reduce the consumption of caffeine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized psychiatrist and ask a free question.
I am 22 years old male having a problem of anexity for nearly 3 or 4 years.My mind is always full of random thaughts which doesnot really exist.Concentration ability is nearly zero.Always drown in thaughts of future and get anexious.When i sit for study my eyes are on books but not mind so unable to study.Nowadays i use to avoid the work that need thinking whether it is calculation work or something which require concentration.It seems day by day i am loosing my thinking ability and memory loss.This time it ssems that i am not for any worth and will be mad in coming days.I also have habbit of nail biting,lips biting ,.etc Please suggest me any treatment to come out of this.I am feeling helpless.
When I start studying I am stuck up with a single topic whole time. And not so concentrated toooo. What can I do for it.
How to confidently drive my car. I got my licence but my parents try to bring me down by demoralizing me. They tell me to drive the car but also say that I would end up in some problem if I don't drive with my dad. My dad keeps panicking me on road for no use. Me and my friend got license together. He is now able to drive about 2000 km whereas I never crossed 20 km. The problem is my mom makes me think low about myself and have self doubt. I was a good driver but after I took my parents car im all the way getting nervous to drive the car. Please help me how to gain back my self confidence. Please.
I been very depressed and disturbed cause of a major incidence happed in my life. I keep on thinking about that and could not able to concentrate on any other thing, even I can not sleep in night. To sleep I started drinking, I know its not good. I need help.
I lost my gf last year. She is my close friend .& now im in depression. Plsz help me 2 move on this situation.
Schizophrenia affects over 1% of the world’s population and affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. In most cases, it is diagnosed when a person is between the ages of 16 to 25. This condition can be hereditary and is said to affect men more often than women. Schizophrenia is characterized by an inability to distinguish between real and imaginary which can lead to delusions, social withdrawal, hallucinations and other forms of social and occupational dysfunction.
Schizophrenia affects different people in different ways. On the basis of the type of symptoms exhibited, this disease has been categorized into 5 sub types. These are:
- PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIA: This type of schizophrenia is characterized by delusions and hallucinations that may make the person exhibit paranoid behaviour. These people often feel like they are being watched or followed and may have delusions of grandeur. They may also get angry quickly on minor issues and show signs of anxiety and hostility.
- DISORGANIZED SCHIZOPHRENIA: In such cases, the person may behave in ways that are difficult to understand or speak in broken sentences and have difficulty structuring a sentence. They may also display inappropriate behaviour and react in ways not suitable to the occasion. People suffering from disorganized schizophrenia may also neglect their personal hygiene.
- CATATONIC SCHIZOPHRENIA: People suffering from catatonic schizophrenia may swing between immobility and periods of rapid movement. They may stay quiet for hours or talk rapidly repeating everything they hear. These people have a high risk of harming themselves as they are usually unable to look after themselves and complete daily activities.
- UNDIFFERENTIATED SCHIZOPHRENIA: People suffering from this type of schizophrenia exhibit behaviour that fits into more than one type of schizophrenia. From time to time they may have hallucinations, suffer from delusions or display catatonic behaviour and disorganized behaviour or speech.
- RESIDUAL SCHIZOPHRENIA: Even though a person may not be currently showcasing any signs of schizophrenia, they are said to have residual schizophrenia. Such people need to have had at least one schizophrenic episode. These people may exhibit symptoms later or be in complete remission.
With schizophrenia, an early diagnosis can make treatment easier and hence if you notice anyone exhibiting signs of schizophrenia, you must advise them to seek medical help immediately.
Most psychotropic medications produce the best results when paired with some type of psychotherapy. Medication can be of great service in helping a person treat and overcome debilitating symptoms, but pills by themselves cannot address behaviors, emotions, and root causes of mental health issues. If you are prescribed an antipsychotic medication, please consider finding a therapist you trust to help you learn more about what you are experiencing and to help you develop coping strategies to improve the quality of your life.
Schizophrenia cannot be cured but it can be managed with a combination of typical or atypical medication and cognitive therapy. The latter can be in the form of self-help groups, housing and employment programs, counselling and therapy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!