Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Amritsar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rupinder Jeet KaurYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years girl and I am sexually active. I have not got my MC since more than a month. But when I had sex last time I got the MC in Feb month. As per ultrasound report I am not pregnant. Just because left ovary size got enlarged not got my MC. Please suggest. My HB 14.1 BMI 21.
Being flexible is not always about doing splits or doing some random bending. It is about achieving a level of mobility that will not hold you back from doing whatever you are able to do. Most people think that stretching or flexing your muscles and body as the first method to defend you from pain. But if stretching and flexing can be done correctly, it can lengthen one's muscles and give one relief from pains and aches. Stretching is also done to increase the functional range of one's joints and muscles. There are various ways by which one can stretch their muscles. However, the question which looms over here is which is the correct procedure and which is the wrong one.
The Wrong Vs the Right Way: Before discussing about the correct way, let us talk about the various wrong ways in which stretching can be done. The first rule is that if stretching is causing you pain or if it is hurting you, then you are probably taking it too far. A muscle needs to relax as much as possible, if it needs to stretch. If one is stretching so hard that he or she cannot relax then the muscle will not lengthen. Stretching should never be painful.
One should also avoid stretching for an insufficient length of time. Only a few seconds of stretching will not hold the therapeutic effects of stretching.
The following methods are few of the correct ways to stretch:
- Always start with the warm muscles. Warm your muscles by doing some aerobic movement or by applying heat with the help of a warm bath.
- After warming your muscles, monitor your level of discomfort. Let it go once you feel pain.
- Hold any stretch for at least 30 seconds.
Stretching the Correct Muscle: There are muscles, which need to be stretched and there are muscles, which should not be. So getting to know the correct muscles to be stretched is as important as knowing the correct procedure to stretch your muscles. Every muscle, which does not hurt should not be stretched. There are different types of muscles that cause pain like stiff, tight, short muscles and long muscles. Muscles that are tight should only be subjected to stretching. Stretching muscles that are too long is not a good idea.
Using Physiotherapists: Most people who cannot determine which muscle should be stretched and which should not be should consult a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists can quickly and easily diagnose muscular issues. They will also show ways to stretch which are most effective for particular needs.
Stretching should be made a part of one's life. It is a way by which one can become their healthiest self and avoid muscular imbalances.
I am 32 years old female , I have pcod problem so I am gaining weight my height is 5.7 and weight 89 kgs I have irregular periods also please suggest me a good diet.
I got married at least 4 years ago but not get child my wife pregnant two times but after three months the child has not get his his heartbeat and doctor decide to abortion after that my wife not pregnant.
Hi! I am Shifali Gupta, age 32, I am facing a problem during discharge. Some white fluid is also coming out from my vagina. I have a very hairy vaginal area. My husband likes me hairy. Consult me some medicines.
My wife, 29 years old has tested positive in the pregnancy test we carried out at home as she missed her periods this month. We are quite happy but at the same time want to ensure that we take utmost care of our baby to be born &of course mother. My queries- 1. When should we visit a gynecologist? 2. Until we have our first visit to gynecologist, what are basic steps or precautions to be followed in daily life in order to have normal delivery and healthy baby. I understand that its a broad issue which can't be mentioned in 2-3 sentences but this platforms will surely help to get some expert tips from the best gynacs nation has. Thank you in advance.
When it comes to the brain, simple yet easy to make juices can make a lot of difference. These juices not only improve your memory, but are of great help to the cognitive functions as well. While green tea is a known component of increased brain function, there are other drinks too, which can charge your brain over the long term if consumed daily:
- Beet juice: Apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
- Berry Smoothies: Acai is a fruit which has a South African origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of Acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that Pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
- Carrot juice: Carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
- Cocoa: A Harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.
My wife is having some physical problem. Firstly she is having thyroid problem his thyroid is 9.21 from last 2 months. Weight is around 79. She is get fat day by day. Secondly her periods (monthly cycle) is irregular from last 5 years due to this she is have black neck underarms so kindly help me to solve this problem please.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I have pcod. My weight is increasing infact I have very limited diet. My periods are regular but they stays just for 2 days. Please tell me all the precautions I need to take with diet chart.
Delivered a baby before two months ago. Had vaginal bleeding for twenty days. But now not having periods aftr two of delivery. How much it takes to have periods?
Her hands, back, face are blackish and other parts are ok. She is having sleep disorder, physical exhaustion, weight loss, hand running problem. What illness she facing? Does she has TB or AIDS?
I am 36 yr old female. I delivered a baby 15 days back through normal delivery. On my 10 th day visit my gynaec found slight inflammation in the stitches near the vagina and prescribed rutoheel tablet to be taken twice a day for 5 days. My question- is the tablet safe when I am breastfeeding my baby? please help.
What are the side effects of using i-pill a lot of times within one month. Does it affect in pregnancy also.
Hello Dr, My baby is now 1month 20days old. Last Monday his vaccination done. But IPV was not there. So I consulted in Government hospital. So they told to come today afternoon. Is it OK to have that after 5days again giving 1more vaccine. Then when should I take 2nd dose of IPV.
From which day after my periods should I have sex so as there is no chance of being pregnant. And also tell me that when should I do not have sex. according to my periods cycle. I am not sure about this topic that on which day after my periods I am eligible to have sex which is not unsafe for me. Please help .
I have my periods for about 7 days. I had my periods on 28 september which ended on 4 october. I had protected sex (with condom) on 5 october. I get my periods after 28 days of gap but this time I got my periods in midnight at 20 october 12: 30 am almost 16 days after my periods ended. Am I pregnant? If not what is this?
I am 32/F/unmarried and virgin. I am not on any medicine. I have noticed I bleed for 3-4 days after I masturbate. I don't insert any thing in my vagina and rub my clit with my pants on. From last 1.5 years, I am noticing I started to bleed after I am sexually excited. Last month I spoke to Gyne but couldn't tell her it happens after I get aroused. I am worried what it could be. Is it something serious. Please genuine advice only.
How to Identify You're not Chewing Your Food Enough?
Are you always in a hurry while eating or multitask while chewing your food? Then it is highly probable that you don’t chew your food enough. A recent survey revealed that on an average people chew their food only 6 six times before swallowing, which is far less than enough. Chewing food for an adequate amount of time is necessary for a healthy digestive system and can help you avoid lots of health problems.
Here’s why you should chew your food properly.
So what happens to your body when you don’t chew your food enough?
Mastication is the name given to the process of chewing food. Mastication, if not done properly, can lead to various health problems like-
1. Incomplete digestion: Digestion starts in the mouth itself and chewing has a significant role in it. The salivary glands are stimulated to release an alkaline enzyme, called ptyalin, by chewing. This enzyme combines with carbohydrates to initiate the process of the conversion of food into simpler sugars by splitting. Not chewing food properly may be a causative agent for digestive problems like gas, bloating, and diarrhoea to name a few.
2. Increased threat of bacterial overgrowth: If food is not chewed properly it cannot be completely broken down by the digestive system. The partially digested portion of food may result in increased amount of bacteria in the colon, leading to stomach infections.
3. Bad oral health: If you don’t chew food enough, plaque build-up in your mouth may increase, which can further lead to tooth decay. This is because improper chewing means lesser amount of saliva secretion, and more chances of accumulation of unbroken food particles in the mouth, causing cavities.
4. Lesser nutrient absorption: When you don’t chew your food properly, larger food particles don’t break into smaller ones. This makes absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients difficult for your body when they pass through the intestines.
Indications that you don’t chew your food properly
If you don’t chew food for an adequate amount of time, your body begins to give warning signs. This can affect your health significantly, and the following symptoms show if you don’t do it properly.
1. Frequent digestive problems: If you are frequently experiencing digestive problems like acid reflux, constipation or heartburn then there are good chances that the problem is inadequate chewing of food.
2. Weight gain: One of the reasons behind weight gain may be consuming too many calories without realising. This can happen when you eat fast, which indicates that you don’t crush and grind your food properly inside your mouth.
3. Recurrent mood swings: Researchers are of the opinion that improper chewing of food gives rise to digestive problems, which in turn may often ruin your mood.
How many times should you chew each bite?
Researchers at Ohio State University are of the opinion that you should chew each mouthful of food for a minimum of 30 times. However, they mentioned that chewing softer food like potatoes for 5 to 10 times is enough.