Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Amritsar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Robin TuliYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old my whole body is paining and their is a swelling on my ankle and even I can not sleep from three days so what should I do.
I am not able to lose fat. And also I just sleep not more 6 hours. May be due to this I have a body pain.
Sir/mam, i am a 17 years old girl looking my +2 exams ahead. But its hard for me to sit still and study for more then 1 hour either due to stomach or back pain or due to feeling sleepy.I had my 1st period when i was of 14. Since then it's never been regular.And when ever it occurs there is a heavy flow each time. I had consulted may doctors and every time they prescribe me with contraceptive medicines like yasmin, novelon, etc etc and i had it all.But still it doesnot work. No actually it worked for that instant only but then when i discontinued if as per doctors advice, the problem started again. Recently not more then a half and year i came to know from my ultrasound reports that i have PCO i.E poly cystic ovary.My present problem is stomach ace and back pain.When i asked about it to my doctor he pescribed me with Cyclonorm-N & Cyclonorm -p.I had it past 2 week but still no result is to be seen please help me. Its my bord exam amd m unable to prepare for it due to stomach pain and back ace. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.
I have pain in my whole abdomen and it continued by a week. When the pain begins it goes to the back. So suggest me good advice. Thanks.
I am 25 year old man. There is some fungal problem on my buttocks, I feel very much pain on it from last two years. I use some kind of ring gurd. That give me relief only for two days. After the problem comes again. Please help me.
Hi I have foot end pain both legs what to do. If I sat for half an hour after I woke up I can't put leg normally base end are very pain. Please suggest.
Mentioned throughout history as a curse, leprosy was considered as a punishment of sins by many cultures as it was widespread and common. However, modern science demystified it and de-stigmatized it to the point where the occurrence of leprosy within the population has gone down to very low levels, although it is still prevalent among certain populations.
Prevention of leprosy: Leprosy is caused by the bacterial infection of Mycobacterium leprae and it is classified into multiple types. Leprosy is communicable through contact with common objects or a person by infected droplets within their nose. It primarily affects mucous membranes and the skin and the nerves on the hands, feet, and in extreme cases may cause disfigurement as well. There are no specific ways to prevent leprosy as no specific correlation between transmission and development has been found so far. Leprosy can happen through one time contact or through contact over extended period of time within the same household. Thus preventive measures will primarily include the following:
- Regular checkups by going to the doctor
- Ensuring that surfaces are kept clean if you share a household with a leprosy patient
- Skin biopsies at regular intervals just to check if you may have contracted the bacteria
- If a rash has developed, then it is urgent that you visit the doctor. Earlier the leprosy is detected, quickly it can treated and resolved
Incidences of leprosy have reduced over the last few decades due to improvements in medicine and early detection. This has allowed people to nip the problem in the bud and does not allow it to spread within their bodies or to other people.
Treatment of leprosy: The primary weapon that modern medicine has against leprosy is known as MDT or multidrug therapy. Multidrug therapy is the combination of multiple drugs, which attack the various aspects of leprosy, such as skin problems, nerve damage, loss of sensation, deterioration of skin conditions etc. This is the proven way to not only reduce symptoms, but also cure the problems in the long run.
Some of the drugs in the MDT used are as follows:
- Rifampicin and dapsone
- Rifampicin and clofazimine and dapsone
- Rifampicin, minocycline and ofloxacin
However, the combination will depend on the type of leprosy the person is affected with, such as paucibacillary leprosy or multibacillary leprosy and thus can only be prescribed by the doctor after thorough and detailed examination.
Hello sir and mam. 3 year ago I went for neuro surgery. And I was treatment. Now I have diabetes. And I have control over it. But the main problem is my legs are very paining and I went through many doctors. But the pain is not going. So, what will I do. Please tell me the right path. I will be grateful to you.
Physiotherapy or physical therapy focuses on enhancing mobility and treating disabilities. Physiotherapy is used commonly in case of sports injuries, partial or complete paralysis, arthritis, neurological disorders, etc. along with helping the patient regain movement and improving flexibility, physiotherapy also helps deals with back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic headaches and injury related pain. This pain may make you want to simply curl up and stay immobile but this could be detrimental to your progress. Through physical therapy, a patient can learn how to function and move safely and thus becomes stronger.
Here are a few ways physiotherapy is beneficial for pain management.
- It teaches breathing techniques: Physiotherapy doesn’t only address the joints and muscles of the body, but also addresses the autonomic nervous system and involuntary movements that control the functioning of the organs. By teaching a patient how to breathe correctly through opening up the chest and neck muscles, physiotherapy helps improve blood circulation that further helps relieve pain.
- It helps with weight management: When it comes to rheumatoid arthritis and knee joint pain, being overweight is one of the key factors triggering the pain. This is because of the more your weight, the more the pressure on your joints and hence the more the pain. Physiotherapy helps increase a patient’s mobility and thus aids in weight loss. This, in turn, reduces the pressure on joints and pain associated with it.
- It strengthens muscles: Physiotherapy deals with both the muscles affected by an injury as well as the unaffected muscles. While it helps regain control over the injured muscles, ligament and tendons it also helps strengthen the unaffected muscles. This helps them compensate for the limited functioning of the affected muscles. By strengthening the muscles, physiotherapy also makes movement easier and helps reduce pain.
- It helps improve posture: For people with back problems, the way you sit and stand can make a big difference to the pain experienced. Physiotherapy teaches a person how to sit and stand straight so as to support the back muscles properly.
- It helps determine the right equipment: Having the right shoes can play a big role in alleviating pain associated with walking. Similarly, physiotherapy can equip a person with the right equipment to make movement easier and less painful. This could be as simple as a walking stick for arthritic patients or a robotic glove for patients who have paralysed hand muscles. Furniture such as supportive mattresses and office chairs can also help alleviate back pain.