Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Amritsar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi Krishan BialaYour feedback matters!
I am 46+ and my weight is 53. I got pain in my foot veins.in the morning when I wake up I can't walk properly after half n hour I walk normal. Sàme pain in hands also.
Blood clot at knee. It is a large clot, increased alot with in two days. Yesterday it was removed my operation. Why it is happened?
I am 32 years old and have backache problem whenever I exert since I got my caesarian in 2009. What should ido.
I have a red spot at my left shoulder from 10 days but it has no pain, what should I do? I mean should I ignore it, or should I need concern of it?
I am 38 year male. I am suffering from Chikungunya for last 10 days. Fever was gone after 3 days. Now my left foot joints have swelling and very painful. I am unable to walk properly. Kindly advise for pain and joint swelling of foot.
I am 27 year old male I am getting pain in my both knee joints from last 6 months, and most of the body joints are also paining. I do have renal calculi in my left kidney 3.
What is medicine for frozen shoulder. I am suffering from 8 months. There is pain in right shoulder Thnx.
I am 21 years old male and I have back pain for more than a couple of years. Why do I get back pain at this early age? what should I do?
If you are suffering from back pain, you should know that the tiniest of movements can trigger the same. Back pain may occur due to several factors or reasons and it hampers your daily activities and standards of life to a great extent. However, you need to become active instead of being immobile for relieving back pain. There are several exercises which help in strengthening your back muscles and performing these on a regular basis will provide you relief from back pain drastically. Here are 7 common exercises which you should carry out:
1. Pelvic tilt: You have to lie on your back and keep your knees bend, but touching. Your feet should stay flat on the floor. By flattening your lower back against the wall and tilting your pelvis downwards, you must maintain the position for 20 to 40 seconds. Meanwhile, you must breathe slowly and deeply and then release. This stretch requires small movements for reducing tension, thereby easing your back pain.
2. Lumbar stretch: You need to sit on a chair, roll your head, chest, neck and lower back forward till your head gets between the knees. Hold the position and take deep breaths. Slowly, get back to the sitting position. Repeat this twice.
3. Cat position: You have to kneel on your fours and keep the knees and hip width separate. Keep the stomach muscles tense, arch your back like a cat does and maintain the position for five seconds. Repeat this and then allow your stomach to drop towards the floor direction and hold it for five seconds again.
4. Curl ups: For this exercise, you should lie on your back with the knees bent and your feet kept flat on the floor. Placing your hands behind the head will make the stomach muscles tense. Then, lift your shoulders, head and upper back from the floor. Do this around 10 times. This is ideal for strengthening your back.
5. Dry swimming: Begin by lying on your stomach, keeping a rolled-up towel under your belly for support. By tightening your buttocks, raise one arm and the opposite leg simultaneously. Switch your arms and legs and perform this for about two minutes.
6. Leg lift: For leg lifts, you should lie on your back with the knees kept bend and the feet kept flat on the floor. You have to press your lower back to the floor and straighten a leg with the knees aligned. After bending your leg, return to the starting position and repeat the exercise on the other side.
7. Cobra stretch: The cobra stretch is another ideal movement for stretching your tight abdominal muscles and lower back. You need to lie on your stomach with your legs extended and your palms planted on the sides of your head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
I am 45 years old man. I facing heel pain in my right leg for many days. Pain is more when I wake up in the morning. Kindly suggest?
I suffer from joint pain and I take one medicine daily nucort-m4 since 5 years how to control and my face is round and swelling what you suggest. Thanks
Massage therapy helps relieve joint pain by improving circulation and soothing inflammation. In fact, several studies indicate that regular massage can improve pain, stiffness and range of motion in the affected joint.
To massage the affected area, use warm oil like coconut, olive, mustard, castor or garlic oil and apply gentle pressure while massaging.
2. Hot and Cold Compresses
Alternating hot and cold compresses can also help ease joint pain. Heat therapy helps decrease pain, increase blood flow and relax sore muscles and joints. Cold therapy reduces inflammation and numbs the areas around the affected joint.
1. Wrap both compresses in separate towels before using them. They should not be applied directly to the skin.
2. Place the hot compress on the affected area for about three minutes.
3. Remove the compress and immediately put a cold compress in its place for about one minute.
4. Repeat the process for 15 to 20 minutes a few times daily until you get relief.
Note: Do not use heat therapy if the affected area is red, hot and irritated. Do not use cold therapy if you have circulatory problems.
Fenugreek is a popular home remedy for joint pain due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is particularly beneficial for those suffering from arthritis.
• Swallow one teaspoon of finely ground fenugreek seeds followed by a glass of lukewarm water. Do this daily in the morning until you get positive results.
• Alternatively, you can simply soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight and eat them the next morning
Turmeric is an excellent Ayurvedic remedy for joint pain. It contains an active ingredient called curcumin with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
In a 2009 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, researchers compared the effectiveness of this compound to ibuprofen and found that curcumin was as effective as ibuprofen for pain relief in patients with knee osteoarthritis.
• Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder and a little honey in a glass of warm milk. Drink it daily, at least for a few days.
• Another option is to take 250 to 500 mg turmeric capsules three times daily until you are satisfied with the results.
Note: Talk to your doctor before including either of these remedies in your regular routine. Turmeric may interfere with certain medications, such as blood thinners, and may worsen gallbladder problems.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps reduce joint pain by eliminating accumulated toxins from the joints and connective tissues. Due to its alkalizing effect, it is particularly beneficial for those suffering from arthritis. Plus, it is rich in minerals like magnesium, calcium, potassium and phosphorus.
• Mix one to three teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar and a little honey in a cup of warm water. Drink this solution two or three times a day, preferably before meals. You can continue this simple treatment on a regular basis because, in addition to helping with joint pain, it is good for your overall health.
• You can also massage the affected area with a mixture of one tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Do this daily until your joint pain is gone.
Cayenne pepper contains a compound called capsaicin with natural analgesic or pain-relieving properties. In a 2010 study published in the Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand, researchers found that applying gel containing 0.0125 percent capsaicin helped relieve mild to moderate pain in women suffering from knee osteoarthritis.
• Slightly heat one-half cup of coconut oil. Mix in two tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder. Apply it on the affected area, leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off. Do this a few times a day until you get relief from the pain.
• Alternatively, you can use a capsaicin cream topically on the affected area daily.
Note: Cayenne may initially cause a burning sensation. Do not apply it on open skin or wounds.
7. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt baths facilitate easy absorption of magnesium through the skin. Joint pain is often associated with low levels of magnesium. Moreover, magnesium helps reduce inflammation and aids in detoxification of cells.
1. Mix two cups of Epsom salt in warm bath water.
2. Soak in it for about 20 minutes.
3. Repeat three times a week until you get relief from your joint pain.
Being rich in sulfur and selenium, garlic is beneficial for those suffering from arthritis and joint pain. Sulfur helps relieve joint pain and inflammation and, according to research, selenium may have an antirheumatic effect. Also, arthritic patients tend to have low levels of selenium in the blood.
• Include raw or cooked garlic in your diet. You can safely consume two or three garlic cloves daily. If you are deterred by the smell or taste of garlic, consider taking garlic supplements (follow the directions on the label).
• You can also fry two garlic cloves in two tablespoons of mustard or sesame oil. When the garlic cloves turn black, turn off the heat and strain the oil. Allow the oil to cool until it is comfortably warm, and then massage it into the skin around affected area. Leave it on for about three hours before washing it off. Do this twice daily until you see improvement.
Ginger is an excellent natural remedy for muscle and joint pain, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. Researchers studied its effects on osteoarthritis patients with knee pain and saw encouraging results.
• Drink ginger tea, or include fresh ginger root or dried ginger powder in your daily diet. To prepare ginger tea, cut up a small piece of ginger root, boil it in a cup of water for 10 minutes and strain it. To improve the taste, you can sweeten it with honey.
• Another option is to mix equal amounts of ginger, turmeric and fenugreek powder. Take one teaspoon of this mixture daily in the morning and evening until you are satisfied with the results.
10. Stinging Nettle
Exploratory studies indicate that stinging nettle can be useful therapy for joint pain without any major side effects.
Though the exact reason as to why it alleviates the problem is not known, it is believed that this herb contains active compounds that reduce inflammation. Plus, it is rich in boron, a mineral that is required for healthy bones and joints.
• Steep two to three teaspoons of dried nettle leaves in a cup of hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain and drink the tea. Repeat three times a day until you get positive results.
• You can also place fresh nettle leaves on the affected area for about 30 seconds. Do this once daily for about a week or more. It may cause initial discomfort, but will eventually take the pain away.
Note: This herb may interfere with blood thinners as well as blood pressure, heart and diabetes medications.