Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Amritsar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj BialaYour feedback matters!
Hello I M 26 years old, and I have sensitive in my teeth, when I eaten cold water my teeth very strongly pain.
Can not keep my mouth closed for long. Feels uncomfortable while lips closed. My teeth are properly aligned and inside still it's happening suddenly I used to chew mastic gum a lot.
Sir. I have gap in my upper side incisors. My right side upper milk teeth (canine) is not broken. I am 25 years old. Doctor tell me this milk teeth is the reason of my gap. This gap is being wider. Plzz.tell me if I pull out this milk teeth how much tym will the new teeth take to come.
I ate an entire radish, now I have no taste in the front part of my tongue, it's been around 48 hours since this happened. What should I do?
How to whitening my yellowish teeth? I have bad mouth odor also. Please tell me any best toothpaste for whitening my teeth.
Hi. I'm suffering from wisdom teeth pain form last 5 days. I took some tablets but no use. It is so painful. It seems infected at wisdom teeth. It is 3rd time to me. Is it mandatory to remove the teeth or any other alternative is there. please help me. Thank you.
I am 24 yr old boy and i'm suffering from my mouth smelling since I was 21 yr old. I always brushed my teeth daily but after a hour this problem start again tell what should I do. Thank you.
Hi I am 30 years old. M suffering lack of appetite from last 1 year. I feel like food stuck in my throat. Also feel morning sickness. N bitter mouth. please suggest.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.