Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitin Gupta
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Management of Sugar Disorders
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of High Sugar Levels
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old fem Suffering frm pcod and thyroid I want to knw abt flaxseed shud you include them in my diet or nt thanks.
Hi! I am 19+ years old type 1 diabetic male. I got physically matured at age of 13 only. Growth plates were fused, facial hair, adam's apple and hair under armpits etc. All came at that age. Now again my adam's apple is growing further in this 19+ years old age. I don't understand how is it possible when it was fully grown at 13 only. Now it's growing more week by week. My voice is also same only change is getting on my adam's apple. Please suggest me to stop its growth. It looks very weird and if it grow further I may need to go for surgery for reducing its size and I don't want to reach at that stage. I only trust allopathy.
I am 64 yrs old. I taking metformin 500 twice daily since the last nearly two years. Is there any side effects for using it continuously. My sugar level is 113 before and 180 after. Please advise.
If you are concerned about diabetes and want to protect yourself from getting affected by the disease, there are several preventive steps you can take. These steps are simple and require some modifications in your activities, diet and overall lifestyle.
Diabetes is a condition in which your blood-sugar level gets higher than normal and affects your health in several ways. Here are some ways to protect yourself from diabetes:
- You should know about the different causes of diabetes by speaking with health professionals, diabetes patients and by doing some online research.
- You must put off the causes which you just cannot prevent and should abstain from aggravating them. These may include heredity and age-related causes. If diabetes runs in your family, there are high chances of you getting it as well. The chances are maximum when both your parents are diabetic.
- Increasing age is another likely factor for developing diabetes. This is because the functioning of all your body system gets disrupted and slowed down because of age. Major cases of diabetes commonly occur after the age of 49.
- Prevent the causes of diabetes which you can control. These include obesity, stress, high blood pressure and viral complications. Stress because of several factors such as physical injuries and emotional problems commonly cause diabetes in many people. Obesity and high blood pressure too are linked with the development of diabetes. Several viruses can settle in your system and lead to diabetes as well.
- For preventing diabetes, you should conquer your obesity and attain a BMI or body mass index, which is within a normal range and is suitable for you. For men, the waist size should be maintained below 40 inches and in women, it should be under 38 inches.
- Eating healthy food will help you stay away from diabetes. You should consume less sugar, fats and alcohol and consume milk, meat and other proteins in a moderate amount. You should consume whole foods, such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, starchy foods and beans in large amounts. These items should highlight all your major meals.
- Being physically active and exercising regularly is very important if you want to stay healthy and prevent yourself from developing diabetes. You should climb stairs, walk, play and undertake activities which require you to move around.
To keep yourself safe from diabetes, you must take good care of yourself when you are ill in order to avoid several complications. Several viruses and autoimmune diseases lead to diabetes in which the immune system attacks the body. You should be careful of viral infections such as measles, influenza, rubella, mumps and many others.
Last week my creatine was 1.1 for years, 6 days back test was performed and came to be 1.1 again but today I have noticed it is elevated to 2.0, My uric acid is 9.4, today I ate red meet and drank alcohol 3 hours prior to test.
Sir mere age 21 hai sir mujhe lagta hai mujhe diabetes ka problem hai par mai ne cheek abhi nahi karaya give any solution.
I want to know about thyroid tsh is 7.59. l'm not taking any medicine but. I had total cholesterol 234 and was taking ecosprin 75.20 and now total is 120 only. Should I continue it. Please advice.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder characterized by Hyperglycemia (elevated blood glucose level) due to either reduced production of insulin or the inability of the body to utilize the insulin produced. Today management of diabetes has become a prime concern. Over the winter months, diabetic patients are likely to suffer from higher blood glucose levels than during the warmer months. As the temperature drops and the sugar levels up, thus, diabetic patients should be extra careful about the temperature fluctuations or seasonal changes.The cold weather makes diabetics experience many health problems, besides creating a major change in their sugar levels.
Following are the most harmful effects that diabetic patients may suffer from during the cold weather
- Change in hemoglobin level: There is a great change in their glycated hemoglobin levels. Whatever the type of diabetes an individual has, the freezing temperature can increase the level of HbA1c or glycated hemoglobin. This is most likely because of decreased physical activity. Cold weather makes it difficult for some people to go out. A little activity each day can help with insulin sensitivity (in all types of diabetes) which can help the body to regulate sugar level in a better way.
- Prone to diseases: Since the immune system is also not at its best strength in winters, there are increased incidences of microbial infections like cold and flu or in some cases pneumonia. As a result, the body produces counterregulatory hormones (Cortisol, Adrenaline, and Glucagon) to counteract the situation. These hormones affect the utilization of insulin by the body thereby elevating the blood glucose level. Also, conditions like flu and cold tend to make them feel lethargic and stress and can prevent them from taking the diet, which is required, which eventually can lead to an increase in the blood sugar level.
- Winter blues: It is often seen that people feel low during winters, as they tend to go out less and prefer to stay indoors. Less outdoor activity during winters can sometimes trigger mood swings or in some cases depression, which in turn can shoot up the level of blood sugar in their body. Thus it is advisable that one should spend more time with friends and family, in order to keep these blues at bay.
- Other problems: Most diabetic people are unaware of their nerve functions, and are unable to feel the difference between the cold and hot water, which can lead to burn injury. Also, during the winter season, most diabetic patients tend to lose feeling in their toes and feet due to vascular changes. Therefore, it is advisable that people should check their feet frequently, so as to ensure that there is no open wound or pressure area in their feet. One must take very good care of their feet, keep them moisturized, inner fingers clean and dry, prevent any type of fungal growth in toes, etc. By taking required preventive measures before the onset of winters diabetic patients can control their blood sugar level, which enables them to stay away from associated problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!