Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Amritsar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj GuptaYour feedback matters!
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?
I feel my mouth is dry and thirty. After drinking water also same problem occurs some times I get this problem.
Hello doctor. My teeth become yellow from front nd become black from inside. I do brush regularly from childhood. Nd never eat tobacco. Bt drink teaevery day. Plzz give me suggestion. How can I got white teeth. N plzz sugest a good toothpaste also. Thnx.
I have a bleeding in my teeth while brushing every day and my teeth colour is in yellow. What treatment should I get to get my teeth in white colour and to stop bleeding while brushing.
I mostly suffer from constipation and mouth ulcers. How to cure this problem. Mouth ulcers are very painful.
My mom is 55 years old and she has some dental problems. 4 of her upper left teeth are reduced in density and it is spreading to the other tooth also, it seems to be like skeleton teeth. She is ill now, so we are unable to consult the dentist immediately. So please tell me what would be the reason for this.
Dear sexlogist. 30 december ko main aur mera wife full josh sex ki. Condom use ki thi. But ek kaam dar raha hai. Main mera wife ka vagina bahut sucking karle aur anus ko bhi chatne laga. Pura raat ko aisa ki thi. Ab mujhe daar lag raha bina condom se sucking ki dono side. Ab main kya karu. Mera mouth ke andar infection sayad chala hoga. Kaise infection saaf karu. Aisa pehle 3 baar ki the. But jo jab kuch doctor ke comment padha to mujhe sab samjah aaya ki infections hota. Ab kya karu bolo doctor.
Hi Dentist, From couple of days I facing a problem. My front bottom teeth (3) are shaking. Also I have some gaps between the teeth. So I need the recommendations from you end.
I am 62 years old male. Three months back I had sensitivity in the 14th upper teeth, mild pain so that unable to chew on the right side. Dental hospital gave me ampicilin 500 mg three times a day for one week. Sensitivity had gone in a fortnight and tooth pain gone in one month. But still there is some difficulty while chewing. Mean while since last two months I am feeling heaviness in my head and mild giddiness. I am bp patient 140/90 after medication (revalol xl 50 and envas 10). My sugar level fasting 110 after metformin 500 sr. What should I do for my giddiness and heaviness in my head.
I have done RCT in one of my wisdom teeth, the reason being it did not erupt completely and got infected. After the procedure, I now find the teeth is little sensitive, when I drink water or rinse after a meal. My doctor has told me to rinse with Luke warm salt water for 3 times a day until it subsides. Is this a normal after implication of an RCT or this abnormal?
There is always the constant attempt to look better and more appealing. To this effect, smile designing is one particular specialty of cosmetic dentistry with the sole aim of improving a person's smile.
Photographs of various angles, jaw tracing analysis, and simulation of images on the computer are all used to arrive at an optimal size, shape, contour of the jaw and the teeth that can produce the best smile for a given patient. These changes are then replicated on paper and tooth models if required and detailed discussion happen with the patient. Thorough patient counseling is done before initiating work at smile designing.
Some parameters that are manipulated to produce a good smile designing are as follows - first the tooth per se followed by the soft tissues:
- Tooth color: In most cases, the tooth color is changed using tooth whitening material or laser. Trust the dentist to achieve a balance between whiteness of the tooth and natural look. In some cases, silver amalgam fillings may be replaced with composite restorations to improve the appearance. Bridges with metal backup may be replaced with complete ceramic crowns too.
- Tooth alignment: Crooked or misshaped teeth can be corrected using veneers in minor cases and by orthodontic braces in severe cases. Again, if the patient is very conscious, aesthetic ceramic braces (read more about braces) can be used.
- Tooth length: If too much or too less of a tooth is showing during a smile, that needs to be corrected too. Longer teeth are considered to produce a younger appearance than short teeth, which usually is associated with old age and wear and tear. The gums can be reshaped as a part of crown lengthening.
- Missing teeth: Teeth that are missing produce a very bad smile and need to be replaced at the earliest for a better smile. Depending on various factors including age and bone health, the choice could be a crown or a bridge or an implant.
- Tooth ratio: When a person smiles, the front tooth are the most obvious and should have a ratio of length to width as 4 to 5. This produces a balanced smile.
- Tooth texture: Mottling or rough edges on the tooth surface can be corrected by veneers or small composite restorations. As regards the soft tissues.
- Gum line: The smile is reproduced on tracing and corrections are made to produce a better smile, even if it requires gum corrections.
- Fuller lips and cheeks: Surgical procedures or chemicals may be used to produce fuller lips and cheeks that improve a person's smile.
The next time you are not happy with your smile, visit a dentist. With so many parameters that affect your smile, a little correction could produce a better smile! If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.