Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Amritsar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M N Dhawan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. M N DhawanYour feedback matters!
When athletes begin training for marathons and put themselves under the pre requisite training for such an event, they might experience pain as a result of bone mass increase in areas of maximal stress. If however, the training and exertion is too rapid, the bone might begin to fail and the stress reaction might cause the bone to pain and eventually fracture in extreme cases, due to a stress fracture. The athlete will experience unbearable pain at night before such a stress fracture happens.
An X-ray is needed to determine if such a stress fracture has developed and the extent of the fracture. Prior to the fracture, the area affected will develop black or blue bruising. Hip bone is often the site of injury and many different factors may cause trauma to it. Stress fractures are caused by prolonged and repetitive injury and are common in long distance running athletes. Hip impingement might result from abnormally shaped hip bones wherein the bones grind against each other and deteriorate the connecting joint. The iliac crest (present in the greater pelvic part) of the hip bone impacting the muscle overhead, can lead to hip pointer injuries.
- Osgood Schlatter Disease is an overuse condition affecting children, mostly boys who participate in athletics. The patellar tendon and surrounding tissues get inflamed and with proper rest, ice compression, and elevation of the knee, it can be treated.
- Premature osteoporosis is a condition that affects female athletes in particular due to low calcium levels and menstrual dysfunction which hamper the body’s bone building process.
- Overtraining in male athletes may lead to osteoporosis due to reduced testosterone levels.
- Osteopenia or the loss of bone in athletes may result due to overtraining and psychological stress. The calcium is mainly resorbed from the ‘cancellous bone’ (bone tissue that has a structure similar to a mesh, containing many pores) in the femur.
- Most athletes suffer from low bone density and in extreme cases, this might lead to osteopenia. Cyclists are found to have the highest loss of bone density amongst athletes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am having a high level of blood sugar. I am having medicine for a long time but my blood sugar doesn' t seem to reduce. I travelled a lot by self driving. How to get control over this problem?
I am 20 year old. I have an headache since last month. I have visited the ophthalmologist and my family doc. Problems - Right side of head paining. Eyes pain. Less light irritates quickly. Headache. Reading problems when material is near (have to remove specs ). Kindly suggest.
Sir/madam mujhe ek problem last kuch weeks se ho rhi h mere latrine me blood aata h kyi baari aur pain kabhi kabhi hota h baaki to normal hota h. But mujhe bhut tension ho rhi h kya kru please help.
Hi, Since 3 yr, I have been suffering weakness on my temporal side. weakness observes only while nightfall occur. After nightfall I feel weakness on my temporal side (on the TEMPORAL BONE PORTION, weakness in eyes along with pain in bones occur. I am very frustrated about this much. Pls help me. I am looking for your kind response.
I am getting headaches also in the midnight with immense pain in head and also not getting regarding this time so I want to not gain.
Hi, I am 26 years male. I am suffering from psoriasis in my scalp from last 2 yars. Doctors have advice to use diprovate lotion but its only helpful till I am using it. Once I stop using it again situation becomes same. I am so frustrated. Pls help me.
Sir /Madam. I have lazy eyes always looks like sleepy, dull and very deep on face. If I go outside the eyes are closing automatically .it shows very effect on my career every time all my colleagues advise to me as go and wash your face I am losing my confidence please give a suggestion for any treatment. Is any useful with botox ar fillers Thank you.
Masturbation is a normal part of human sexuality, society frowns on it and young people are often taught to avoid masturbation. Lack of knowledge and opportunities to talk about it have given rise to a number of myths on this subject.
Let's take a look at a few of them:
- Masturbation causes health problems: Pleasuring yourself is the ultimate form of safe sex. There is no way for you to catch an STD, sexually transmitted disease, or for it to cause any sort of mental health problem. The only risks involved are allergic reactions to lubricants or toys and a feeling of guilt or shame due to societal pressure. It lowers the chances of you having an orgasm during sex
- Masturbation is akin to cheating: Single people as well as people in committed relationships masturbate. While it can lead to problems in a relationship depending on your partner's views about it, it does not amount to cheating on him or her.
- Masturbation causes infertility: Pleasuring yourself does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant. However, for men with a low sperm count, restricting ejaculations while trying to get their partner pregnant is a good idea. The only way masturbation can lead to infertility is if partners who share sex toys do not keep them clean and pass on STDs through them.
- It can cause erectile dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction has a number of psychological and biological causes, such as heart disease, stress and obesity but masturbation is not one of them. Eating certain foods can help control the urge to masturbate.
- Masturbation can damage the genitals: Touching your genitals is very unlikely to damage them. The sex organs are designed to withstand friction and hence are very tough organs. The maximum damage that can be caused by masturbation is a little chafing. Using lubricant can prevent this from occurring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.