Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Amritsar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. M N DhawanYour feedback matters!
I am 39 years old. I have severe neck pains and frozen shoulder and hyperacidity problem. Please suggest medicine I am a teacher. In afternoon time I am too tired and pains started.
There are so many skin conditions one has to deal with in day to day lives, two of them being fungal skin infection and scalp infection. These could be a result of poor hygiene, weather change or result of an underlying illness. Given the fact that skin comes in contact with the external environment, it sometimes becomes impossible to prevent ourselves from them. The most commonly infected areas are the skin, scalp, and nails.
The possible causes of these infections include:
- Human contact: When you come in contact with another infected person
- Indirectly: The fungus reaches your system through infected objects or articles which could be shared or used by an infected person
- Shared areas like showers and bathrooms are also a cause
The most common fungal and scalp infections are described below.
- Scalp: Fungal infections of the scalp begin as a small bump and can cause itching, hair fall, and a patch of baldness. This condition is known as tinea capitis and produces ring-like patches on the scalp. The underlying skin could be exposed too, causing regrowth of hair difficult. This should be treated with a course of topical and/or systemic antifungal medications. In severe cases, hair transplant may be required to cover the bald patches. The follicles can also be affected, a condition known as folliculitis, which impairs hair growth. Dandruff which is extremely common is also caused by a fungus.
- Beard: A poorly maintained beard can also have tinea capitis and fungal infections. There could be bald patches on the beard and poor quality of hair. There could also be flaking of the skin. The patch on the skin could be red, scaly, and crusted.
- Toenails and fingernails: With the nails, two problems can occur. The nailbeds could be affected and also the space between the toes can be affected. This is very common in people who walk barefoot and also in people who are often in moist environments.
Diagnosis: Most of these conditions can be diagnosed by a clinician by examination. In some cases, pieces of the hair, nail, or scalp for microscopic examination and to find out the actual organism causing the infection. This can help in giving the right antifungal treatment.
Treatment: In most cases, antifungal treatment is effective. Topical and/or systemic therapy is used depending on the severity and the actual organism causing the infection.
In some people, for instance, immunocompromised, the person could be on chronic low-dose therapy.
- Do not allow children to play in unclean areas
- If someone is infected, take precautions like washing hands, not sharing towels, not sharing cosmetics, etc.
- Be cautious about who is involved in children’s care, be it at home or at school. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
My girlfriend has some problem in her nose bone doctor told her for an operation due to the problem she has a permanent cold there is no other treatment or just operationS?
I am a 20 year old male, I have a headache continuously for 3 to 4 hours, it is happening by a month or a week duration. What should I do.
Hi I am suffering from mild dry cough with throat irritation for the last 1 month, it started from 11th October then took some medicines then it subsided again after few days it started again. Mild coughing happens in the morning then in the afternoon and finally at night. Strangely during rest of the hours it appears as of I don't have that trouble. So pls advice why it's happening and a suitable remedy.
I want to know that what is the minimum time of discharge of sperm to satisfy a woman while having sex.
I am 20 years old male from Hyderabad and I think I am facing from piles since last two days and I need some home remedies through which I can control the situation. I am feeling very inconvenient and want to control the situation by myself.
My heart gets pain sometimes while I am sleeping. And when I get up from bed it disappears in 5-10 seconds. Am I a heart patient? Please help me. I have a lots of diseases.
My testosterone level is low (6.84). Whether it affects the sperm count and motility? How can improve testosterone level. We are planning for baby. Please help.
Dear sir I used to do Masturbation everyday. It is happening since my childhood @ the age of 11 years. Last 2 years I am observing that if I continuously attempt masturbation my ejaculation sperms is looks like water & my pennies is also looks small. please help me. What suggestion would you like to give me. I have to consult any specialty doctor or what I have to do?
I am facing dry mouth problem specially in the night the tongue becomes very dry resulting disturbed sleep. I am 68 yes old taking sufficient water. I have high B.P but under control through medication and also have high creatinine of 1.7. Can you suggest some way.
Hi my age 25 and am not married but I feel my penies size is small but I want to get solutions before marriage only that's why looking for sexologist doctor because I heard something from others and please any sexologist.
I am 24 years. I masturbate from 13 years old. Now I ejaculate 1 minute. Is this become problem after marriage? Now I have a doubt, am I satisfy my wife? Due to this doubt I am taking steps away from marriage. Please rectify my doubts and tell me what's are best methods to solve this problem?
Hello. I am 22 years old. Am having pain in my teeth. I guess it's wisdom teeth which is now coming. Today I also had fever due to pain. Suggest me medicines. Thanks.
What are the symptoms of paralysis and I want to know why foot fingers are colour less because of low HB level. And some skin portion are senseless, what should I do? Please suggest.
I had an intercourse with bf on 1st April 2017 (we used protection and he didn't ejaculate). On 3rd April I experienced some spotting nd it was for 2 days only. And now it's been more than a month, I haven't got my periods yet. As I am the patient of hirsutism, I am on the spironolactone (100 mg daily). Due to this I experience abnormalities in my periods. I want to know that am I really pregnant? OR it is only because of my medicine? Please help.
Also known as flatulence, gastric problems do not really mean any kind of disease. Rather, these occur as a result of some underlying condition or some distress affecting the digestive system. Gastric problems generally take their toll on the health of the person by showing their effects either as stomach pain or by making the person lose his appetite. These gastric problems generally come along with some of the serious health conditions like diarrhoea or problems like indigestion. It is now easy to treat flatulence by using the remedies that are readily available in households.
Forms of gastric problem
Gastric problems do not generally occur alone and they usually come along with other conditions like digestive distress, diarrhoea or even cramps. Commonly this condition can be seen in three forms in a person. One is burping, the second form is belching and the third is flatulence. Each has their own magnitude of impact on the person. All three causes annoying effects to the person and can be taken care of with the help of some home remedies. The gastric problem can be of two types. One is the acute gastritis and the other is chronic gastritis. The first problem can be cleared off within few days time and the second problem needs some extra care and treatment.
Symptoms of gastric problem
Some cases of gastric problem can be minor and can be taken care of easily. These problems can be resolved in a matter of one or two days. Other forms of flatulence can be severe and can cause other weaknesses in the body. Doctors say that gastric problems can be identified with the help of few easily comprehensible symptoms.
Some of the common symptoms of the gastric problems are:
- Constant pain in the abdominal region
- Loss of appetite
- Repeated vomiting and nausea
- Increased pressure and pain in the chest area
- Persistent headache
- Sudden dizziness during work
Solution for the problem:
There are some common home remedies for gastric worries which include:
- A little cinnamon powder can be mixed with a glass of warm milk and can be taken along with honey.
- 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar must be mixed with a glass of warm water and cooled to the room temperature and drunk.
- Equal amounts of fennel, ginger and cardamom must be ground together and a pinch of hing must be added to it and mixed with a cup of water. It must be taken twice a day.
- 1 spoon each of carom seeds and black salt must be added to buttermilk and the solution has to be drunk.