Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Amritsar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
I am suffering from tooth pain when I am chewing gutkha, please suggest me what to do and how I could be stay away from gutkha.
Sir I am 29 years male since birth I had difficulty in speaking because of tongue tie. In the year 2008 an ENT specialist cut it but still my tongue is short and thick and I have to be very carefully while speaking. Is there any treatment for it .plz help me.
I am 16 years old female and have a tooth paining from last 4 days and my teeth are yellow what should I do?
Sir mera mouth open nahi ho raha hain or muje kuch achi medicine bataiye ki jaldi se mouth open ho sake please sir help me.
This 30 second process will leave you with a cleaner mouth overnight. .
Sir my mouth was getting smell Im doing brushing daily 2 times what can I do what is the cure for this.
I have problems about my teeth. Sometimes its bleeding through my gums. I used brush and paste. Sensitivity are also the main problem. What will I do.
My age is 56 years old. But I am chewing tobacco may be due to excessive stress on my job. Of course I never squalled the content of the. I know it is not good to use any form of tobacco. I am trying to give up the habit. Sometime mouth ulcer type of things happen. When some gel is used it goes. Please advice what should be done.
I have a got a lot of mouth ulcers all of a sudden. What steps I need to take sitting at home to get rid of it?
Jeebh me mirchi or garam lagta hai or me gutka or tobacco use karta hoon. Ye kaise theek hoga please btaye
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?