Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Amritsar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Jaspreet Singh AnandYour feedback matters!
Hello sir. Can a men change into a gay due to hormone variations at an age of 20 years old. At what age men can change into a gay. Can i know answer please.
Hi! I am 24 year female. Suffering from problem of excess of sweating with very bad smell in under arms and hair. What Is the natural or homemade solution.
I am 23years old and I feel weakness and my digestion system week so back to back go toilet and my weat loss my heath regularly back. Pleas help me.
Hi I am 27/female, I have high fever, sore throat and a running nose. I also suffer from severe low back pain.
I have a baby 7 month old . Baby is suffering from fever since last two days and cough is more loud again and again. So please help me what should I do in this case?
Hi I am 22 years old I having nightfall problem. If you have any Home tips to prevent this please told me. Thank you.
Potassium is an essential mineral which is known as an electrolyte. Electrolytes are responsible for maintaining the ionic balance of your body. Other electrolytes are sodium, calcium, magnesium, phosphate, chloride. These electrolytes bear an electric charge which manages the electrical activity of your health system. Potassium also helps the muscles of the body to function properly. In fact, it has its contribution in regulating blood pressure; a crucial role for a healthy heart.
Potassium deficiency is a kind of medical condition which is known as hypokalemia. The normal level of potassium in the human body should be in between 3.5-5.0 mmol/L. But the deficiency in potassium can cause severe problems including muscle weakness, nerve disorders, heart problems, etc. Kidney is the organ which is known to manage the potassium balance by removing the extra potassium through urine.
Causes of potassium deficiency:
- Lack of potassium in diet
- Too much sweating
- Several medicines also cause potassium deficiency
Signs of potassium deficiency:
- You are getting wiped out too often: Like it is discussed before that potassium is responsible for your muscles to work actively. Each and every cell needs the required amount of potassium to work effectively. So, a little deficiency of potassium can leave you exhausted throughout the day. If your normal working routine leaves you exhausted and if you are sweating too often, then there is a chance that you are suffering from hypokalemia.
- High blood pressure: Potassium plays an important role in maintaining the blood pressure by helping in relaxing the blood vessels. Low potassium can cause the blood vessels to get constricted, due to which your blood pressure increases.
- Muscle weakness: Potassium plays a significant role in building the strength of your muscles. Lack of potassium can easily cause muscle weakness, aches and spasms.
- Irregular heartbeat: Anything regarding your heart problem can scare you badly; especially when you experience sudden skipped heart rate or when your heart rate doubles. Low potassium can cause such palpitations and skipped heartbeat.
- Feeling dizzy: Lack of potassium in your body can slow down your heart rate and make you feel dizzy or you may feel that you are going to faint. Though many other medical conditions can be responsible for such symptoms but hypokalemia is one of them.
- Constipation: Potassium deficiency can affect your overall health. You might encounter symptoms like bloating, abdominal cramping etc.
- Numbness and tingling: Potassium is significant in keeping your nerves healthy. Potassium deficiency can make you experience numbness, needle sensations on your feet, wrist, etc.
These are the signs that people encounter when they suffer from hypokalemia. Hypokalemia can make you feel extremely sick and it causes several diseases which are discussed above. It is always advisable to visit a doctor when you encounter any of these above mentioned symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
My height is 4.11" n weight 52.9kg. 2years back had normal delivery n after dat I got tummy. Lower and middle abdomen, it's like bloating. Tired of taking honey with lukewarm water. No results. Pls suggest me some tips to get back my tummy.
Hiv negative after 7 or 8 Months exposure. But I'm still worried about infection. My mind are giving me negative thoughts like HIV test machine wasn't working well or maybe it's faulty. Or they tested another sample of blood. Please help me from my killing anxiety.
I have a problem. Am going bath room once at two days. If I go bath room daily is not come. Another it come. Some force will apply. Please tell me a solution for that please.
I have stomach problem. When I go to bathroom my penis is also getting pain. Some time I can't Sit or sleep properly because it's getting so much pain. Please help me what kind of medical to get it fine.
I feel my heartbeat when I sleep, its happening from an year? I had an anxiety once without reason is there any heart problems?
I am 57 yr old female I am ashthmatic and having severe post nasal drip allergic suggest home remedies.
Health benefits of vegetables
1.Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may reduce the risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
2.Eating a diet rich in some vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may protect against certain types of cancers.
3.Diets rich in foods containing fiber, such as some vegetables and fruits, may reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
4.Eating vegetables and fruits rich in potassium as part of an overall healthy diet may lower blood pressure, and may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
5.Eating foods such as vegetables that are lower in calories per cup instead of some other higher-calorie food may be useful in helping to lower calorie intake.