Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Amritsar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dilraj Kaur Kahlon
Submit a review for Dr. Dilraj Kaur KahlonYour feedback matters!
Cervical cancer (a malignant tumor of the cervix, the lowermost part of the uterus) is one of the most preventable types of cancer. Because of the Pap smear test, the number of cervical cancer cases has actually dropped over the past 20 years. However, many women still develop cervical cancer.
While some cases of cervical cancer cannot be prevented, there are many things a woman can do to reduce her risk of developing cervical cancer.
Reduce Your Risk of Cervical Cancer:
- Get a regular Pap smear. A Pap smear can be the greatest defense against cervical cancer. It can detect cervical changes early on, before they have a chance to turn into cancer.
- Limit the number of sexual partners you have. Studies have shown that women who have many sexual partners increase their risk for cervical cancer. You also increase your risk of developing HPV, which has been shown to lead to cervical cancer.
- Quit smoking or avoid secondhand smoke. Smoking cigarettes increases your risk of developing many cancers, including cervical cancer.
- If you are sexually active, use a condom. Having unprotected sex puts you at risk for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), which can increase your risk factor for developing cervical cancer.
- Follow up on abnormal Pap smears. If you have had an abnormal Pap smear, it is important to follow up with regular Pap smears or colposcopies, and whatever else your doctor has recommended for you. If you have been treated for cervical dysplasia, you still need to follow up with Pap smears or colposcopies.
- Get the HPV vaccine. If you are under 27, you may be eligible to receive the HPV vaccine, which prevents high risk strains of HPV in women. The vaccine is most effective when given to young women before they become sexually active.
Again, cervical cancer prevention should be a top priority for all women. Small lifestyle adjustments, combined with regular medical care, can go a long way in preventing cervical cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.
I am 65 Year Old Male suffering from Urinary Tract Infection, Prostate Gland Enlargement, Blood Passing along with Urine. I need diagnosis, consultation and Treatment.
My weight is 80 kg. My height is 6ft. My age is 23. My question is. What are the test to detect the adrenal gland cancer in the body. Please answer.
Radiation therapy is one of the most important tools to combat cancer. However, conventional radiation therapy is long course (usually 6 to 7 weeks) treatment and may have severe acute side effects including skin and mucosal reactions, diarrhea, feeding difficulties and others. Higher dose radiation is also not possible to deliver due to limitations related to toxicities. CyberKnife is a precise radiation therapy technique by which high dose radiation therapy can be delivered only to the tumor and minimal dose to the normal structures.
- CyberKnife treatment is a short course treatment (usually only one to 5 days) and have no or minimal side effects. Many tumors which are ‘resistant’ to conventional radiation are ‘sensitive’ to high dose radiation delivered by CyberKnife. “CyberKnife has unique system that it can track moving tumors and treat them with immaculate accuracy”. Tumors in moving organs such as lung and liver can be treated most effectively CyberKnife. Dr Debnarayan Dutta, Consultant in Radiation Oncology at Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai commented “there are few tumors which were thought to be not treatable are now being treated successfully with CyberKnife”.
- Master ShreeVaishnav, a 6 year old boy from Kerala suffering with choroidal haemangioma (eye lesion) had vision loss in both the eyes, he was referred from Sankar Netralaya for treatment. He was treated with CyberKnife and at 2 months follow up evaluation his vision had dramatically improved. “We are thankful to Dr Dutta for giving vision back to my son” told Shree Vaishnav’s father who was elated about CyberKnife. “CyberKnife has opened a modern and effective option for these diseases and we are happy with the result” said Dr Prativa Mishra, eye specialist involved in Shree Vaishnav’s treatment.
- CyberKnife is a revolution in cancer treatment; it provides effective, short course, minimal toxic and high dose treatment in brain, lung, liver, pancreas, prostate, head and neck and many other tumors.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My height 6 feet. Weight 78 kg. M 23 years old. My question is that does adrenal cancer cause growth of excessive hair. In whole body? Does it cause growth in eyebrows hair?
I am 29 years old female and I am having a multiply lump in my breast from so long actually it was small but time passes by its becomes bigger and little hard and its little paining. Please advice
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit: Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables: Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products: Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods: Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats: Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.