Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Amritsar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Atul KapoorYour feedback matters!
with best of health & happiness
Dear sir/ mam I am suffering from my teeth. I feel sensitivity when we take water. Also there is a whole in between the teeth. Please suggest me. Thanks with regards.
Hello, doctors. I have problem of with my tongue. My tongue is splitting in the front part and in sides as well. I does not pain or burn. But I want to know why its happening and how to cure it.
Mere daant me koi keeda laga nahi dikh raha fir bahut dard ho rahi hai. Mene clove oil bhi use kiya sab gharelu nushke use kiye hai par thoda time araam milta hai fir kuch ghante bad pain staART ho jaata hai. Doctor se bhi tablet liya tha us se araam bhi nahi aaya please batao mujhe.
Dear Sir, I am doing marketing job. I would like to inform you that I am facing the problem of bad breathing from my mouth and also my spit is smelling all the time. I don't know whats the problem in my mouth. Please tell me what I have to do?
Hello I want to ask something From last so many days I am suffering from some problem and the problem is If I eat any spice thing then my tongue can not bear it normally I can et spicy food bt from lst so many days I suffer this problem and someday my tongue become dry also. Pls help me asap.
Hi, I am Arpitkumar, age 21. I have been rejected in SSB medicals due to anterior teeth not in occlusion. When I consulted local dentists they suggested to apply braces and before that 4 teeth also would be extracted for making some space. So should I go for it because I am in dilemma that extraction would also get me rejected and would also affect my eyes. Please help me.
Rct for 10 tooth, except 2 molars of each side, for lowe jaw, done by endodontist. Now I am searching for expert n experienced prostodontic as I am only 45 years old. Pl advice.
Is it necessary to brush twice a day. It's hard to take out time for brushing. I wish there was a better way than wasting 2x5 mins for brushing (day and night)
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.