Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Amritsar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arpit SikriYour feedback matters!
I am Suffering from Gum Bleeding , Soiling, and Gum pain since Nine to 10 month and I am also concert with my dentist from time to time but no permanent relief. When I am take medicine just relief for week or month.
I am getting a new molar teeth on the right upper jaw, which is still not grown completely and I am getting pain on the gum as its getting swollen. Doctor's advice was that it must be removed because it is growing in cross way. Is there any other precaution or should I go for removal of tooth.
Hello I have small white spot inside my cheeks both side front of my lower teeth it's non painful I don't know what it is. It's just looking like small white dot in red skin both side. Thanks Advance for your help.
I am fed up of bad breadth, I had also visited dentist and he ensured that teeth cleaning will be enough but again same problem. I clean my mouth throughly and also use tongue cleaner still in morning I see my tongue becomes yellowish or whitish, what could may be the reason, please explain. Does it indicates to sinusitis?
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.