Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Amritsar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana BeriYour feedback matters!
I have a 2 month baby girl, she born on 9 july by c-section, this is my second delivery after 7 years. Want to know when my menses periods are not start. I want to know when it will start. I want to start taking contraceptive pills.
I had herpes simplex since 3 months, had blisters on fingers and arms. But still am not able to bend my fingers and horrible burning and pain is there. And my arm blisters look like keloid will they go. I need help to reduce my pain asap.
My wife's esr level is very high which is 85. Does it effect in pregnancy? how can I reduce its level?
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 topmost benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: When thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: If thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively in lowering the heart rate.
3. Controls cough: Thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: Thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin A, C, Manganese, Copper, Iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Helps in controlling pests: Thyme is added as a primary ingredient in many pesticides for controlling pests, virus and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and you will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: Thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: Thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: Thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: The diuretic properties of thyme oil can help in removal of toxins, which consequently improves the circulation and can cure rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: Thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart from stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Can help treat gas: Thyme is an effective carminative agent and can easily push gas downward for removal.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: Thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: Thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell.
Hi, I am 31 years old Married female (no kids). I have noticed the area around my nipples is swollen from last 15 days approx and is sensitive in touch. Can you Help me understand, what cud be the reason.
Hello doctor. My age is 28 years, recently 2 months before I got married. We are planning for baby soon due to my age factor. We are trying almost everyday even on fertile days of mine. Then to no positive result at all. I am getting disappointed due to this. I am waiting that periods should miss, but it is regular every month. Please suggest me what should be done?
I'm 20 years old and I have menstrual cycle gap of 33-35 days but this time it was of 41 days for the first time and I have to eat dry fruits to get my periods at times and I dnt eat much but don't exercise and not able to reduce weight. Can it be PCOS? Wat to do help!
Top 5 signs you're ready to have a baby
Most couples dream of holding their first-born in their arms. But there are others who also dread the prospect of taking such a responsibility. Some are not sure and some cannot wait. It's important to know the fact that life certainly changes forever the moment a small bundle of joy enters your life. And there are many factors involved.
If you wish to know if you and your partner are ready to have a baby, check for these points:
1. You're excited
The first sign that you need to look out for, and which points out that you're ready to start a family of your own is you're eager and excited to welcome the newest addition. Reading baby books and blogs, thinking of ideas on how to decorate the room for your baby, or keeping yourself up-to-date on the latest parenting news may be certain signs that indicate your eagerness to have a baby of your own.
2. You're financially ready
Another indication that you may be ready to welcome a baby in your family is when you have every financial aspect sorted out, including investments and savings. The ideal financial plan should be such that you're able to add to your savings as well as build up a retirement corpus while still being able to sustain the lifestyle that you and your partner would like. Most importantly, sticking to the financial plan is as important as coming up with one.
3. You can empathise
A quality that every would-be parent needs to have is empathy. The ability to put yourself in another person's shoes is vital before you can bring another human being into the world. You and your partner may have different empathy levels, which you need to know beforehand as parenting also involves empathising with your child's pain fears, needs, and worries and so on.
4. You're ready to make a professional sacrifice
Having a baby also calls for making a professional sacrifice as looking after a baby is not an easy task. You or your partner may have to take a long break from work. It's, therefore, vital to see where you and your partner stand in your careers.
5. You have support
Having experienced people around you or people you can trust can help ease the days that usually follow on the arrival of this newest visitor. Your support could be in the form of your parents or in-laws who can look after your child while you go for work or take rest. Other support systems that you can consider are day care.
Above all, you need to be the best version of yourself before taking on this additional responsibility.
Hi, I had a cyst in ovary for which I take medicine for 6 month and it get resolved checked by ultrasound. NOw after stopping med last month I get periods after 32 days fro 3 days bt during current month I get it in 26 days and only from 1.5 day. Could you please tell me the problem why this happens?
Hello doctor I am 36 week pregnant and in my ultrasound report tell one loose loop of cord is seen around fetal neck. Doctor is that any problem for normal delivery. I want Normal what can I do?
My daughter is 23 years old. Problem is she has pcos and does not get her periods regularly. She is around 80 kgs and 5.6ft tall. She is under homeopathy treatment but does not take medicine properly. My question is can she conceive after marriage easily. Thyroid level is normal. Next year I am planning to get her married.
Hello Doctor, Tomorrow is my expected due date of period. And from past 2 days I am getting thick white discharge which is not sticky but it's is heavy. Normally it should be dry as I have observed. I never had such discharge. I am trying to conceive. I do have some light cramps on my left side of lower tummy. Period symptoms are quite lower as compared to previous cycles. What may be the reason of discharge.
I have a problem of irregular monthly cycle although this was because of thyroid but it's under control still the problem is same what should I do in this.
While drinking pure garlic juice may not sound palatable for many people, the health benefits associated with this unique beverage are undeniable. Garlic juice is made by pressing, juicing or blending garlic cloves, which come from the plant bearing the scientific name allium sativum. Closely related to onions, garlic has been used for thousands of years around the globe due to its powerful effects on human health.
Balanced between its use as a flavorful ingredient and an element of traditional medicine, many people rely on garlic juice for its anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic, antibacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant effects. This juice is easy to make, and is a rich source of allicin, the active ingredient in garlic, along with various b vitamins, vitamin c, manganese, phosphorus, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and zinc, as well as sulfuric compounds and other volatile acids.
Benefits of garlic juice
Some of the primary benefits of garlic juice include preventing baldness, supporting skin health, strengthening the immune system, lowering blood pressure, stimulating the production of sex hormones, boosting circulation, reducing cancer risk, detoxifying the body, soothing respiratory conditions, and aiding in weight-loss efforts.
- Skin health: consuming garlic juice can deliver antioxidants to the skin that will reduce signs of aging, improve coloration and prevent inflammatory conditions or infections.
- Hair loss: many people use garlic juice to strengthen their hair, prevent hair loss and promote healthy hair follicles. This natural remedy can be consumed internally or mixed with other hair products or washes for excellent effects.
- Immune system: the antibacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant properties of garlic juice make it an excellent immune system shield, while also helping to prevent chronic disease and localized infections.
- Weight loss: allicin, the active ingredients in garlic juice, has been associated with weight loss, as it can help to lower unhealthy fats in the body and provide a metabolic boost that helps you burns calories.
- Sex hormones: research has connected garlic juice with a marked increase in sex hormones, which can help people overcome impotence, as well as slow sperm motility and sperm count.
- Circulation: herbs like garlic and onion are closely associated with boosting circulation and lowering plaque levels in the arteries and blood vessels. This can increase energy levels and lower your risk of certain cardiovascular problems.
- Heart health: as mentioned, garlic juice can lower cholesterol levels, while also reducing blood pressure and increasing the repair processes within the cardiovascular system, lowering your risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Cancer: the significant levels of antioxidants found in garlic juice, along with allicin, can help to prevent oxidative stress and neutralize free radicals before they can cause cellular mutation and the development of cancer.
- Respiratory conditions: many people use garlic juice because it can rapidly clear uprespiratory infections, while also reducing inflammation that causes sore throats, soothing coughing and helping to repair damaged tissues in the respiratory tracts.
How to make garlic juice
You can make garlic juice quite easily at home, provided you have a decent amount of garlic and a bit of patience. So juicing a kilogram at a time, will yield roughly 2 cups of garlic juice. Only a small amount of juice is required to have an effect, so you will likely end up storing your the rest of the juice for later use.
1 kilogram of garlic
Step 1 – remove the skin from all of the garlic cloves and wash them thoroughly
Step 2 – blend garlic cloves in a blender, or juicer for 2-3 minutes
Step 3 – strain the garlic pulp through a fine sieve, into a mason jar
Step 4 – slowly pour the garlic juice through a coffee filter to remove any last remnants of garlic pulp
Step 5 – pour the garlic juice into an ice cube tray to prevent oxidation and freeze
Serving suggestion: when you want to use the garlic juice, simply pop out an ice cube and add it to shakes, smoothies, soup, or hot water (for a healthy gargle)
Garlic juice side effects
Drinking too much garlic juice can cause problems with bleeding disorders, stomach upset and dizziness, as well as allergic reactions.
Bleeding: the anticoagulant nature of garlic’s active ingredients can exacerbate bleeding disorders, and should not be taken before or after a major surgery. Stomach: a concentrated dose of garlic juice can irritate the stomach, causing diarrhea, nausea and cramping, as well as dizziness or headaches. Allergies: some people have topical and internal allergies to garlic; speak with a doctor before adding this concentrated juice to your health regimen.