Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Brain Hemorrhage
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Spasmodic Torticollis
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Management & Treatment of Spinal Disorders
Treatment of Spine Injury
Treatment of Brain Infection
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Treatment of Bell's Palsy
Brain Tumor Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Akshay Shrirang PatilYour feedback matters!
Why diabetic patients getting hypoglycemia after prolonged use of diabetic medicine. And how it occurs then why they get coma.
My mother was suffering from brain tumor and after the operation tumor was in grade 1 according to the biopsy report and operation has done in 2013 and after the operation two times mri has conducted and according to the mri report tumor was not increased. My first query is that if the tumor is in grade 1 that will be permanently cured or not. And if it is not permanently cured then what is chances or how long patient will be survived.
I am 24 years old female, I ahve a migraine, I am suffering with this since 4 years, I have to use those types of medicines but no use, so can you please tel me the correct solution.
Are indigestion - gas problems related with stiff neck and migraine (one-sided headaches)? I am a 22 years old Student and get these issues which has immensely troubled my attention and work. Also, should I do any Internal tests to review risks as I tend to get throbbing pain in my stomach. Kindly help.
I am a epileptic patient and I am planning to take fat burner soon to lose my body fat. For epilepsy I am taking levetiracetam 250 mg and clobazam 10 mg. Is it safe to take fat burner to lose my body weight? It will stimulant free far burner! Soo is it safe to take or not? I will be doing workout too. Hoping positive reply! Thanks!
Sir ji meri beti ki age 7 month jisko ek problem ye h ki usko attack type k pdte h mtlb jb usko ye attack aate h tb wo pith or sar ke bal pero ki or jhatke lgte h. Maine uske ct scane or eeg kraye h jisme mere ko doctor ne kha he ki eski dimag ki nasen sikudi hui h jo dheere dheere sahi ho jayegi. Sir uski ye problem bdti ja rhi h or main pareshan hu khi ye bdi problem na bn jaye.
I am 50 years of age male. I feel sleepy always at any point of time. It is a problem with me since my child hood. While driving or travelling or talking or studying I feel sleepy and feel embarrassed among others. I am a normal human being, non-diabetic, no blood pressure, cholesterol level is almost normal excepting LDL i.e.129 (as per last report 15 days back ). I am very active, go for regular exercise, yoga to keep me fit. Pl. Suggest me to over come this problem. I also want to add that I never face sleeplessness during night even after drowzing hours of 3 to 4 every day. Is it a neurological disorder? Pl. Suggest.
Nerve pain or peripheral neuropathy, as it is medically known, is characterized by pain, numbness and weakness that arise out of nerve damage. This pain is usually restricted to the feet and the hands.
What are the common causes?
Diabetes is the most common cause for this condition. However, other causes, such as injuries, infections and prolonged exposure to certain toxins can also trigger nerve pain.
How can you control nerve pain?
Nerve pain can be managed and taken care of at home taking into consideration the points that have been mentioned below:
- Topical Painkillers: Certain over the counter ointments and creams can help relieve nerve pain. These medications act as local anesthetics; that is they numb the area of the pain. Capsaicin, a derivative of chili peppers, is one of the major ingredients used in these medicines. Others use botanical oils as the major ingredients.
- Painkillers: There are painkillers available OTC which can curb nerve pain. However, painkillers such as ibuprofen, aspirin and acetaminophen do not really work well for severe pain of the nerves.
- Supplements: The lack of Vitamin B12 is considered to be a very important cause, and at times, a catalyst for nerve pain. In a case such as this, Vitamin B12 supplements or injections might be administered. Although more research needs to go into this, but certain supplements, especially gamma-linolenic and alpha-lipoic acid can help soothe nerve pain caused by diabetes.
- Acupuncture: This time honored Chinese approach is a proven alleviator of nerve pain. Acupuncture releases chemicals which numb the pain, or prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain.
- Physical Therapy and Massages: Physical Therapy can especially heal and strengthen weak muscles that can stem from acute nerve damage and pain. Though more evidence is needed, according to a few sufferers of this condition, massages can be helpful with the tremendously painful muscle spasms that can so often result from nerve pain.
- Relaxation Techniques: In combination with the above mentioned approaches, relaxation techniques can go a long way in relieving debilitating neural pain. Besides being helpful with dealing and reducing a few stress phases of life which can cause nerve pain, these techniques might actually root out the actual pain itself.
- Lifestyle Modifications: This one’s always a winner! Eating a well-balanced diet that guarantees all nutrients in uniform amounts can never go wrong. Regular exercises for about 30-45 minutes can remedy different types of pain; nerve pain being one of them. Try and limit alcohol intake (a peg once a week won’t harm one, but binge drinking can play the ultimate spoilsport and make all health plans go topsy-turvy!). Abstain from smoking or chewing tobacco as this is usually the primary contributor towards any medical condition or disorder.
- Interventional pain therapy: It is newer mode of pain therapy for many neuropathic pain conditions, where regular pain therapies don't work. It is done in operation theater under fleuroscopy guidance as per MRI or other investigation report with clinical examination.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My mother is having leg problem & unable to walk properly As informed by doc the MRI report is done Can someone suggest how this issue can be permanently cured She feels one vein part of the leg has become inactive Could there be a possibility of paralysis?
My father is 80 year old now he is complaining trembling of hands specially in morning and vertigo in morning he is also complaining of cough in throat and water in mouth. Please suggest some homeopathy treatment for this otherwise he is normal no bp, diabetes his nature is thinking so much for his illness.
Ilosure 4mg, Feliz-s 20mg, Torvate 300mg, Levipil 500mg, Inderal 40mg, Pacitane 2mg, Nitrosun 10mg, Becozym-c forte Kindly advise me the above mentioned my wife is taking for her Migrane headache prescribed by the doctor. What are the side-effects and how far they cure the ache? These medicines she's consuming for the past 2 years.
Epilepsy is a disorder of the nervous system which is characterised by the tendency of a person to have seizures. Seizures occur due to abnormal and excessive nerve cell activity in brain. The result is abnormal behaviour and sensations, including loss of consciousness. There are a variety of seizures with different symptoms depending on the part of brain involved. Progressive myoclonus epilepsy is an epilepsy syndrome, which is caused by genetic disorders. It features a combination of myoclonic and tonic-clonic seizures along with progressive neurological decline. It is often characterised by unsteadiness, muscle rigidity, and mental deterioration. Such a type of epilepsy is quite rare. Seizures are difficult to control and patients often lose thinking abilities as well.
Also in such a condition patient may have more than a dozen different diseases. The symptoms get worsened over time. Such a disorder can be present in any of the sexes. It can appear in infants as well as adults.
Progressive myoclonus epilepsy is not a single disorder but is a combination of syndromes with various names. Some of them are severe myoclonic epilepsy of infancy which is also called Dravet syndrome, then is Unverricht-Lundborg disease also called Baltic myoclonus, Lafora disease and finally Mitochondrial encephalopathies.
Causes and triggering factors of epilepsy seizures
The main causes of Progressive myoclonus epilepsy include Lafora body disease, neuronal ceroid lipofuscinoses, Unverricht - Lundborg disease, sialidoses, storage diseases, and some inborn metabolism issues. These seizures can be triggered by light, noise, sleep loss, alcohol intake and cigarette smoking.
Top natural homeopathic remedies for epilepsy
- Cicuta is considered by far the best homeopathic remedy for epilepsy where violent distortions occur in the body. The distortions are most frightful. The person is totally unconscious. The face may be blue and the jaw appears locked.
- Artemisia Vulgaris is considered for treating epilepsy with Petit Mal seizure. The main symptom is frequent brief episodes of seizures in a short time period.
- Stramonium is used for epileptic convulsions which arise after exposure to bright light or shining objects. The patient in this case is conscious but experiences jerk in the muscles of upper body.
- Cuprum Met is used for seizure attack in knees.
- Bufo Rana is of great help when the patient experiences attacks during sleep.
- Hyoscyamus is used in case of epileptic fit.
- Homeopathic medicines for epileptic fits during fever (Febrile seizures)
- Belladona and Nux Vomica are the natural Homeopathic medicines that are very beneficial in cases of febrile seizures.
- Natural homeopathic medicines as per type of seizure in Epilepsy
The natural Homeopathic medicines for treating Petit Mal Seizures are Artemisia, Belladona, Zincum, and Hyoscyamus. Agaricus and Cuprum are prescribed for Clonic Seizures. Cicuta and Plumbum are helpful in case of Tonic Seizures.