Submit a review for Empire ClinicsYour feedback matters!
Sexual satisfaction plays a very important role in a romantic relationship. It has been linked with lower divorce rates, more intimacy, and long lasting relationships. Sexual satisfaction in men and women is negatively affected by various factors such as heart diseases, Thyroid, and depression, among others. So it can be said that overall, physically and mentally, healthy people experience greater amounts of sexual satisfaction.
Sexual satisfaction mainly depends on two things for most couples - the quality of sex and the frequency at which they have it.
Quantity - The quantity of sex is a relative term as it varies from person to person. Sex encapsulates a lot of things such as oral sex, stimulation of the genitals, kissing and caressing. For some genital stimulation may count as sex whereas for others it may not count as a sexual act. It also varies according to the age of the person and the relationship. In usual cases, the sexual frequency between two partners tends to be higher in the early stages while gradually diminishing with time. However, when talking about quantity, the frequency of sex leading to satisfaction varies from couple to couple.
Quality - Quality of sex essentially means the gratification and satisfaction that one experiences during and after sexual intercourse. Quality of sex is linked with feelings of well-being and increased levels of love for the partner. Communication plays a major role in this regard such as deciding on the sexual positions that would lead to more gratification. Making compromises like stepping out from the usual and experimenting according to your partner's wishes may also help in improving the quality of sex.
Though most studies reveal that women are more inclined towards the quality of sex, and men prefer quantity. But in reality, which of the two will give greater satisfaction solely depends on you and your partner's preferences.
Any kind of dysfunction points to the issues experienced during any stage of the cycle of physical issue that prevents the participants from experiencing any kind of satisfaction from the intimate activities. Though the researches imply that sexual problems are common all across the globe; 43% of women along with 31% of men are affected by some sort of dysfunction; however, it is something that most people are hesitant to talk about. But thankfully enough, most cases of sexual problems can be effectively treated, and can be prevented from occurring again, by sharing your concerns with a qualified doctor. You should consider visiting the doctor along with your partner.
What leads to sexual problems?
Sexual problems can be caused either due to physical or psychological reasons. Many medications and clinical conditions can cause a variety of sexual dysfunctions, and these physical conditions include heart and vascular disease, high levels of blood sugar and blood pressure, any kind of neurological disorder, chronic diseases of the kidneys, liver and lungs, and hormonal imbalances. In addition to this, the side effects stemming from any medicine, including antidepressant drugs, can cast a harmful impact on the sexual desire and its normal functioning. On the other hand, psychological causes refer to the stress caused due to work pressures, anxiety, depression, excessive concern about sexual performance, feelings of guilt, and relationship problems.
What are the common sexual problems?
What leads to sexual problems can cause a wide variety of issues in both men and women. While erectile dysfunction is most commonly found in men, vaginal dryness is the most common issue in women. Sexual dysfunction can take a variety of forms, and it is not plainly confined to the dysfunction or simple disinterest in sex, which is commonly termed as lack of sex drive. It can also involve pain while having sex or an inability to maintain the erection or experiencing pain while getting an orgasm. There are some people who experience excruciating pain during intercourse, which is often accompanied with a burning sensation.
All couples have the right to enjoy a happy and healthy sex life, which can be considered a crucial aspect of any relationship. So, if you are having any kind of difficulty that is interrupting your lovemaking, it is imperative to speak with your doctor to get the right diagnosis, and discuss openly with your partner to find out the ideal solution of your sexual problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
With age it becomes difficult for many men to achieve an erection and maintain it. This is known as Erectile Dysfunction. This is not necessarily related to a lowered libido. In many cases, a man may desire sex but not be able to have an erection rigid enough for intercourse. Men with a history of obesity, hypertension, diabetes and smoking are at a higher risk of suffering from erectile dysfunction as they get older. However, this condition can be treated.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Erectile Dysfunction:
Gold Bhasma: Gold Bhasma also known as Swarna Bhasma is prepared from pure gold. Nowadays, the use of technology has mitigated many tedious steps, which one had to undergo during ancient time to prepare it. It is highly effective and is used for the treatment of infertility, sexual weakness, tuberculosis, cancer, asthma and many other fatal diseases.
Silver Bhasma: Silver Bhasma is also know as Rajat Bhasma or Raupya Bhasma is a calcified Ayurvedic medicine used not just for treating erectile dysfunction, but also for a number of diseases such as, jaundice, frequent urination, enlargment of spleen, etc.
Both Gold Silver Bhasma are mixed with other Ayurvedic medicines for effective treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Other Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction:
Erectile dysfunction can be treated in a number of ways. Some of these are:
Viagra: Viagra is usually the first form of treatment for erectile dysfunction. Viagra is a type of drug also known as phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors. These drugs increase the blood flow into the penis and thus enable an erection. Levitra and cialis are other forms of phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors. However, Viagra is a temporary treatment and has a side effect that it is a habbit forming drug.
Penile Injection: If a man cannot take oral medication, a penile injection is the best form of treatment. Here, medication is directed into the side of the penis. This dilates the arteries and allows blood to flow in. thus it instantly initiates an erection.
Intraurethral Suppositories: This involves placing a soluble medicated pellet into the urethra. This increases the blood flow into the penis and will create an erection in 10-15 minutes. This form of medication is rarely used.
Vacuum Pump: A vacuum pump is another common form of treatment for this condition. It consists of a plastic cylinder that is placed over the penis and a pump that removes the air within the cylinder thus forcing blood to flow into the penis. An elastic ring is then slid onto the base of the penis to hold the erection. The ring must be removed after a maximum of 30 minutes.
Surgical Implants: There are two types of surgical implants that can be beneficial to men who have not benefitted from medication. The first is an inflatable pump that can manually pump fluid into cylinders within the penis. The second is a malleable prosthesis.
Lifestyle Changes: Obesity, hypertension, high blood pressure, excessive alcohol, smoking and a sedentary lifestyle can also be the reason a man cannot hold an erection. Addressing these factors by making conscious lifestyle changes can improve a man's ability to initiate and maintain an erection. These changes include a healthy diet, regular exercise, lowered consumption of alcohol and losing excessive weight. Living a healthy lifestyle is the only way to lower the risk of suffering from erectile dysfunction in the later years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
It is important that we treat our body with care and ensure that we eat healthy and right, in order to support our body to function right. When the semen that spews upon ejaculation does not have the appropriate amount of sperm in it, this signifies a condition called Low Sperm Count. This is also called Oligospermia, while a complete lack of sperm in the fluid or semen is called Azoospermia. If a male has less than 15 million sperms in each millilitre of semen, then he is considered as a patient suffering from low sperm count.
This also makes a person infertile and lessens the chances of fertilising a partner's egg. The symptoms may include problems in gaining and retaining an erection, premature ejaculation problem, pain and discomfort, a lump in the penis, and inability to conceive a child. This may be caused due to infection, ejaculation problems, tumours, hormonal imbalances and Varicocele. The way to treat this condition is as follows:
- Surgery: A patient with a low sperm count may be asked to go through surgery which will help in correcting a Varicocele in a surgical manner. For this, any vasectomies that the patient may have gone through will have to be reversed. Also, the doctor can resort to sperm retrieval methods in order to scoop the sperm directly from the testicles and epididymis. This is usually done in cases where there is no sperm in the semen that the patient ejaculates.
- Infection Treatment: With the help of antiviral medication and oral antibiotics, any infection in this part of the body can be treated and cured so that normal sperm production can take place. While this method can cure the infection in the reproductive tract of the patient, there is no guarantee of increasing fertility with this process.
- Hormone Treatment: The doctor can aim at treating any hormonal imbalances by using hormone replacement therapy as well as medication. This can help in treating cases of infertility as well by tweaking the way the body produces and uses hormones.
- Counselling: A patient may have to undergo counselling and associated medication to help in overcoming problems like erectile dysfunction problem or premature ejaculation problem.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology: ART or Assisted Reproductive Technology usually involves surgical extraction of sperms from donors which can be inserted in the genital reproductive tract of the female partner so that conception via methods like In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) can be possible.
Increasing the frequency of sexual intercourse and avoiding excessive use of additives like lubricants can also help in increasing the sperm count. One must also follow a healthy diet and get plenty of exercise even as a proper routine is followed. Also, smoking and excessive drinking must be avoided. One must also time sexual activity with the ovulation cycles of the partner.
"Men get naughty at 40 forty" but for women, the case may be very-very different. By their thirtieth birthday, many women begin complaining of a lowered libido or lack of interest in sex with their partner. This can be quite frustrating for both partners and can lead to a rift in the relationship. Hence, it becomes essential to pay attention to this condition.
The first step to finding a solution to any problem is to understand the factors that trigger it. Some causes for a lowered libido in women are:
- Birth Control and Medication: Birth control essentially manipulates the hormone levels in the body. While this may prevent unwanted pregnancies, a lowered libido is a common side effect of birth control medication. Antidepressants also have similar side effects.
- Over Working: Working hard is a good thing but too much of a good thing can have a negative effect on your health. In this case, overworking may lead to stress, anxiety, fatigue and burnout. This can lead to a weakened adrenal gland. The adrenal glands are responsible for the production of testosterone and in this way, working too hard can be the reason for women to not enjoy sex as much as they once used to.
- Hormonal Changes: With age, every woman faces hormonal changes. This can result in a lack of lubrication making intercourse uncomfortable. Over time, this can lower libido considerably.
- Ways to Enhance a Woman's Libido: A lowered libido isn't something you have to quietly accept. Here are a few ways to enhance a woman's libido.
- Go on a date: Intercourse is as much an emotional exercise as it is a physical one. Cutting back from other responsibilities, work, children etc and spending time alone with your partner can help you emotionally reconnect with him.
- Meditation: Meditation can help calm the mind and reduce stress. This, in turn, will enhance the production of testosterone in the adrenal glands and thereby enhance libido. Meditation can also help you disconnect from worries and tensions that may be weighing you down.
- Medication: When it comes to a diminished libido, medication may be an effective form of treatment, but it must be tailored to the individual. While estrogen skin creams may be beneficial for some women, others may benefit from testosterone supplements. A few antidepressants can also enhance a woman's libido by increasing dopamine and norepinephrine levels. Viagra can also help enhance a woman's libido especially in cases where the lowered libido was caused by antidepressants.
Even if you are good in bed, there are ways in which you can be better. Sex is that one thing that always has some scope for improvement. You can always find ways in which you can do the best for yourself as well as your partner. All you need to do is focus on improving your sexual stamina, which is essential to perform better than the last time you did in bed with your partner.
Here are the top nine ways in which you can boost or enhance your sexual performance and win the heart of your lover:
1) Avoid alcohol or drink less if you really wish to enhance your stamina in bed:alcohol hampers your sexual drive in the worst manner. Avoid drinking too much or drink in limits if you really wish to boost your performance in bed.
2) You need to get indulged in different stretching exercises to improve your muscle-strength:there are a lot of people, who go through the problem of cramps while having sex; with the help of stretching exercises, you can avoid such issues.
3) Addiction to smoking affects your sexual drive, negatively:smoking decreases your sex drive; if you love your partner and like making love to her, avoid this addiction and get your sexual life back on track.
4) Exercise is an amazing way to boost your stamina:there are a lot of exercises that can be done to increase your stamina. Try getting into cardio exercises so that you keep away from losing out your strength to have sex. Cardio boosts your performance and allows you to keep your partner impressed with the way you satisfy her.
5)eat healthy and right food:cabbage, spinach and other such vegetables allow you to boost yourself in bed. You can increase your energy, thanks to which you can keep your partner impressed with the way you have sex.
6) Breathe in the correct way while having sex:breathing exercises allow you to boost your stamina in all the ways. Try focusing on the way you breathe if you wish to last for a longer period of time in bed.
7) Don't forget to do your kegels:kegels are not meant for pregnant women, only; they improve your body and stamina to help you give your best to your partner. Let her fall in love with you every time you have sex!
8) It is necessary for you to focus on your weight, if you wish to be good in bed:if you are overweight, diet and exercise to bring it down.
9) Have more of red color in your bedroom:red color boosts your brain to have more power and spark in bed.
To improve your sexual life, consult a nice sexologist.
Nothing is more painstaking than maintaining a complicated relationship. Love or marital relationships are blissful companionships where the togetherness matters the most with mutual understanding, love, and compassion. But if you are going through a tough time in your liaison, that is the most unfortunate situation to mend.
Know the 7 signs that you are actually unhappy in the relationship-
If you lost connection
Do you have a feeling that both you and your partner are losing the connection? then you must be unhappy in the relationship. There is a time when partners need to talk and communicate with compassionate body language and faith.
Lack of physical love
Sex is important in any love or marital relationship. In many situations, couples lose the sex appetite for each other after some time. Along with talking and spending time together, sex has a major role to play to keep two people closer.
A depressing ambiance
If you are staying depressed all the time in your home, you are not happy in the relationship. Often it happens that with the entry of the third party in your relationship the strength of the bond reduces causing serious trouble and a depressing aura.
You're not in his/her future plans
Did you find out that your partner has some future plans regarding moving or career related stuff where he/she is planning alone- without you? then this is a high time when you need to talk about your existence in his/her life! in a healthy relationship, couples plan together, if they really find their companionship special and life-long.
Do you end up any conversation fighting?
If yes, you are struggling in an unhappy relationship. Matured couples talk and listen to each other with mutual love and respect. Instead of shouting and fighting on imbecile things to ruin the wonderful relationship they share.
Enjoying your solitude?
If you feel more comfortable without the presence of the partner you are not happy in the relationship with him/her. Think now rather suffering later.
Are you done!
Finally, it's the worst chapter of the broken hearts when they find that nothing more is left to say or to listen. If you also stand in that aisle, it is better to mend or come out of the relationship that has nothing more to give.
Whether it's about your partner's inconvenient sex health or other issues- you need to figure it out to mend the relationship you are in.
If in any relationship couple is not communicating properly, that is a complicated situation. If you or your partner is facing troubles in your sex life visiting a sexologist can cure the issue. Apart from that consult counselors to work on the relationship before calling it off.
It is still a hidden fact that how diabetics fight their sexual life! In this oversexed culture where people are not shy in watching sex in movies, TV, internet or read about the juicy topics in the magazines or listen to them in the radio programs- they are lot shier about sex when it comes to their health. Diabetes is a chronic disease that hampers a lot of things in your health including the reduced libido.
Whether you are a man or a woman, the increased level of sugar does hamper your sex life for various reasons and ways. Let's scan the issues that you can also come across within your sex life after being diagnosed with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes-
Lack of sexual appetite
The moment you are diagnosed with diabetes, a layer of depression hovers on you. Without your knowledge it is always going to stay with you, causing serious troubles in your psychology as well as physiology. The anxiety of being diagnosed with a serious chronic disease like diabetes can often make you anxious all the time causing a drift from your marital life. This often hampers the normal sexual life you maintain. The anxiety, according to many types of research and diabetologists causes the lack of sexual desire.
Sexual dysfunction in Men
Erectile Dysfunction or ED is a common problem among men with diabetes withstanding the age barriers. It is because of this issue most men do not achieve sexual satisfaction and also fail to please the partner. Usually, men suffer from ED because of testosterone deficiency.
From diabetes, this syndrome is mostly diagnosed in men. With a simple blood test, it can be identified and can be treated best with the ayurvedic treatment for diabetic. It is not only that diabetes is always responsible for the men's ED issue it can also be caused by hypertension, high blood pressure, depression, excessive influence of alcohol or drugs.
Reduced Sex Drive in Women
Though both men and women experience the drop in libido, women most of the times suffer enormously from various sexual issues because of the high sugar level in their blood. Women often suffer from diabetic neuropathy that is mainly caused by the inability to achieve orgasm.
With proper diet and medication, the sexual issues caused by diabetes in men and women can be cured. All you need is a good clinic and medicines ensuring effective remedy.
Similar to the chronic diseases like high blood pressure, hypertension, cholesterol etc, diabetes causes serious issues in one's sex life. If you are suffering from a similar health issue, opting for ayurvedic treatment for diabetic can ensure you cure of Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. Both diabetic men and women face depressing troubles in their sex life. Know more about how diabetes affects the sex life.
Lack of guidance on such deep subjects can lead to an addiction which can take a physical toll on the patient in the form sexual weakness. The person suffering from this condition will harbour unrealistic expectations of one's body. This is especially true for people who do not indulge in sex with a partner, in a normal manner. It can also occur due to heightened sexual activity and stimulation by watching too much of pornography or adult movies.
So how can a patient cope with sexual weakness? Following are a few tips:
- Psychological Conditioning: A person suffering from sexual weakness is in need of proper psychological therapy that will aim at unravelling any kind of deep rooted fear and anxiety that may be caused by trauma or shame inducing incidents. The therapy will aim at changing the mindset of the patient with a series of sessions where cognitive behavioural therapy will be practiced. This therapy will aim at helping the patient overcome addiction so that he or she can explore a normal sexual relationship with one partner. Also, the psychologist or psychiatrist will aim at reducing the anxiety and fatigue that the patient will most likely be feeling due to excessive sexual weakness.
- Medication: The doctor may prescribe medicines that will repair the damage caused due to excessive masturbation. This medication will also help in preventing any further complications that may come about due to the damage. Penile dysfunction, adrenal issues, prostate problems and others will be fixed with the help of proper medicines. The doctors may also prescribe medication to increase the sperm count and other supplements that give strength and vitality during normal intercourse.
- Breathing Exercises: The patient may also be asked to practice regular breathing exercises so as to avoid the harmful effects of sexual weakness like premature ejaculation. The patient may also need to make lifestyle changes in order to gain some weight to cope with the excessive energy that has been spent which may also have led to weight loss.
- Medical Problems: The doctor can also conduct various lab tests and X-rays in order to find out if there are any thyroid disorders or heart disease in the body of the patient. Accordingly, a method of treatment will be put forth. Also, the doctor can prescribe medication for patients who have experienced any hormonal imbalances due to this problem.
Ensuring that a patient manages to overcome sexual weakness is a matter of adhering to a healthy diet and lifestyle where one maintains one sexual partner at a time and enjoys sex in moderation. Other hobbies can distract the mind from constant sexual activity.
Premature ejaculation is the uncontrolled occurrence of an ejaculation at the beginning or early stages of sexual activity. There are many causes of this condition including stress, anxiety with a new partner, guilt, depression as well as medical reasons like hormonal imbalances and as a side effect of certain kinds of medication. The main symptom is an ejaculation that happens with minimal sexual excitement or stimulation.
It is basically a form of male sexual dysfunction that can be diagnosed with the help of a physical examination where the doctor can also ask questions pertaining to stress levels and other medications and ailments.
So, how can one deal with premature ejaculation? Here are a few tips :
- Relaxation Techniques: One can practise breathing exercises and other relaxation techniques including meditation that can help in distracting the mind so that there is less scope of anxiety. This can also help in putting the patient in the right frame of mind where he can actually enjoy the process of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement to peak and orgasm.
- Avoiding Substance Abuse: Doctors usually recommend avoiding excessive consumption of alcohol so that the senses are more alert. Also, one must completely avoid smoking in such conditions, as tobacco can have an adverse effect on the sexual health of a person. Other substance abuse should also be avoided.
- Therapy: The patient can also seek psychological therapy and counselling so as to unravel any deep rooted psychological cause or trauma that may be keeping him from enjoying sex in an uninhibited manner. It is possible to understand the connection between childhood trauma, guilt, depression, anxiety, and stress if a person takes help from a professional practitioner who will also recommend some form of cognitive behavioural therapy to deal with the issue and overcome the problem and feelings that are hindering a normal sex life.
- Medical Intervention: A doctor can help in examining the presence of any infection or side effects of any intense or long term medication with the help of a physical examination and even lab tests that can study the urine and blood samples. Accordingly, a suitable path of medicinal therapy can be followed, if required.
- Sexual Positions: One can try different kinds of sexual positions and scenarios for more imaginative role play and better sexual excitement which can delay the ejaculation. A person can also learn to be more intimate with the partner so as to identify the triggers that lead to premature ejaculation.
Many times, premature ejaculation goes away with the passage of time. But a chronic and debilitating problem must be reported to a doctor for better treatment.
The red and itchy sores in genital area, which can cause immense pain are genital sores. They usually spread through infection that has occurred during sexual contact. There may also be bleeding if rubbed or scratched. This is usually a form of sexually transmitted infection which can be caused due to dermatitis or other allergies. Genital herpes and syphilis as well as bacterial diseases like chancroid can also cause the occurrence of this condition.
Here are a few ways in which this may be treated:
- Medication: The general physician or gynaecologist can prescribe a number of drugs that can help in treating this ailment. To begin with, you may have to ingest oral antibiotics or antiviral medication that can ensure that the bacteria do not get a chance to fester, grow and spread. Corticosteroids can also be prescribed for particularly severe cases. Pain relievers can help in soothing the area and the blisters in the genitals, while anti itching drugs like hydrocortisone can ensure that you do not scratch the area which can also lead to bleeding.
- Surgical Removal: A particularly troublesome bout or sores can be removed with the help of non-invasive and surgical procedures depending on the severity of the situation. You may be required to go under medical observation for a few hours or days after the procedure to ensure that there are no complications or further cases of infection.
- Intermittent Treatment: After the initial treatment where you will most likely go through a week long course of antiviral medication, or three weeks of antibiotic therapy, you may have to go through antiviral therapy every now and then. This is especially recommended if yours is a recurring case. Doctors usually recommend the ingestion of pills for two or three days as soon as you start to experience the painful symptoms and eruptions.
- Suppressive Treatment: Very frequent outbreaks can make the doctors prescribe an antiviral pill a day, which will basically act towards suppressing an attack. This kind of treatment is especially helpful if you have had more than six outbreaks in a span of twelve months. This can bring down the risk of outbreaks by about 80%, as per medical studies. This can also reduce the risk of passing on the infection to a partner. If you are taking this kind of treatment, you should see your doctor at least once or twice a year too.
Taking home remedies like a warm compress or sitting in a warm tub of water with a few drops of antibacterial can also help. But you must see a doctor before treating these sores at home. You can also prevent the same by practicing safe sex.
A sex therapist is not an ordinary person; he is a professional individual, who is well aware of the things he does for those, who seek his help. There are still a lot of people, who find it difficult to accept the fact that they are going through some sorts of sexual problems; in fact, most of them think that the world would think bad of them if they ever come up with the problems they go through in their bed life. Since they consider it to be some sort of a stigma, they go through severe sexual problems all throughout their life.
But how do you know if it is time for you to consult a sex therapist? How do you know if you urgently need a sexologist to ensure that your 'bed life' is beautified or is better than it actually is? Here is a list of the top six signs that prove that you need professional help:
1) You are unable to satisfy your partner in bed: Have you been trying your best to give everything to your partner, but he or she doesn't seem satisfied? If yes, then it is surely the time to take professional help from someone.
2) You are unsatisfied with your performance in bed: There are times when your partner doesn't tell you that he or she isn't satisfied; however, you yourself get the feeling. If this has been happening to you, only a sexologist can help you cope up with the stress or premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction.
3) You are neither interested in 'take' or 'give' in bed: Making love to your partner is the wildest and the most beautiful feeling you ever go through; however, there are a few people, who seem disinterested in getting into a physical bond. This is a sign that they need help.
4) Sex does not excite you, despite the efforts made by your partner: If your partner has been doing everything to get your senses excited, but you don't feel attracted to sex, you need a therapist for sure, who knows how to trigger the senses of excitement in you.
5) Sexual life is giving a lot of trouble to you: Most of the couples end in divorce, after being constantly dissatisfied in bed. However, no couple should end their relationship on this ground because it is a disorder that can be treated with the help of a good therapist.
6) Sex is quite painful to you: If you hate making love because it is painful to you, you need to get treated for the same.