Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Alwar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalu ModiYour feedback matters!
I'm 24-female, 46 kg, recently doc gave medicine to increase appetite but FIRST time ever I've skipped my periods, please help, IT'S BEEN 15+ DAYS, HAD PAPAYA & SUGARCANE JUICE BUT NO RESULTS! REPLY ASAP.
Hi sir, My wife got pregnant 1 month only. It's second pregnancy. But our financial situation is not possible to welcome our new kid. So kindly tell me.
Hello doctor. My husband want, first night intimate without condom. And taking I pill for this. Pls suggest.
Hello doctor, My friend eats pencil leads from. I am very much worried about it. Does it causes any health issues. How to stop her by doing that? Please reply. Thank you.
A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and is often accompanied by the removal of the ovaries. In such cases, women are said to experience surgical menopause. This is because the ovaries are the main producers of estrogen. Surgical menopause is usually more severe than natural menopause as there is a sudden drop in estrogen levels. Estrogen is responsible for a number of functions that affect the brain, bones, skin, heart and blood vessels.
Hormone therapy is often advised to counteract this loss of estrogen.
There are two main types of Hormonetherapy:
- Hormone therapy with estrogen and progestin
- Hormone therapy with only estrogen
The former is advisable for women suffering from surgical menopause. Like any other form of treatment, it has its pros and cons.
- It protects young women from diseases associated with menopause: A hysterectomy is usually performed on women under the age of 50. In such cases, Hormone replacement therapy can protect the women from heart diseases. Removing ovaries before menopause can also increase the risk of Parkinson's disease and dementia.Hormone replacement therapy can help negate these risks.
- Reverse menopausal symptoms: Menopause is associated with a number of symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes and insomnia. Hormone replacement therapy can help treat these symptoms and give you a better quality of life.
- Other health benefits: Hormone replacement therapy can also help fight osteoporosis and strengthen bones. It is also known to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Side effects: Hormone replacement therapy interferes with the natural Hormone production. Thus, it can cause a number of problems such as premenstrual syndrome, swollen breasts, headaches and nausea.
- Increased risk of health issues: Though the odds are low, Hormone replacement therapy can increase your risk of having a stroke or heart attack. It has also been suggestively linked to breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Thus, the choice of whether to have or not to have Hormone replacement therapy after surgical menopause is not easy to make. You must consider factors such as your age, lifestyle, family medical history and habits while making this decision. Do not rush into a decision and take your time. Talk to your doctor about the amount of medication needed and the delivery method most suited to you. Hormone replacement therapy can be taken in the form of pills, a patch, gel, vaginal cream or a slow releasing suppository. This should also be accompanied by a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.
My wife is pregnant from last 2 months can I do sex with her till delivery. Tell me doing sex between pregnancy period causes harm to mother and baby. Please advise.
Sir my last period was march. I take scan. Two ovaries have pcod. Doctor suggest Susten 300 capsule 5 days. Thursday completed the capsule. 2 days over not come period. Again I go to hospital. Please help me what I can do come period. I have one child.
Hi doctor. I am 6 and half month pregnant. And I have gallstone. What should I eat 4 a healthy pregnancy. Could I take milk?
Hi, this is Ms. Kanchan. My periods were due on 16th Dec and still haven't come till date. I also had a urine pregnancy kit test done at home. Result was negative. I am still wondering why it still haven't come. Please help. Thank you in advance.
Hello sir/madam, i'm recently married. Yesterday it was my 5th day of the period and I have intercourse with my husband does it leads to pregnancy and i'm not ready to become pregnant right now? can I use ipill emergency contraceptive pill to avoid this pregnancy? tell me any precautions to be taken so that to avoid such situations again and again?
Sir/madam, What to do if we want baby after completion of my periods. Previously I have baby girl, know she is one and half year old.
Hi, my last period was on April 9th. According to that I am 8 week pregnant. Yesterday I went for transvaginal scan. Doctor told no heart beat. But everything is normal. Dr. advice for abortion. What should I do.
I am 38 years old, my delivery was through scissorian and after 3 years i am having tummy and it looks like as if i am pregnant for 4 -5 months. I am an accountant and usually carry out all my household works but i am not doing any exercises or yoga. How can i reduce my tummy. No - menstral problems or thyroid problem in my blood. My diet is I eat a light breakfast, normal lunch, 2 tea per day evening tea with any light backery snacks and dinner with chappathi and little rice with curry. I drink 1 cup green tea early morning in empty stomach regularly. Can I reduce it using In shape belt. please let me know about the side effects of using such belts
After my c section my left thigh becomes little sense than right thigh. I have 2 and half months baby. Why it is occur and how wiĺl I get rid of this?
Im 18 years old n my periods started very early when I was 12 years old. My height is 150 cm n I want increase my height. I did gyming for 1 years to increase my height (no weight training) bt it was ineffective! Are there any chances? If yes what can I do for it?
Today morning, my sister's menses has started. After that she started feeling uneasy. Then pain in and around stomach and also she was having difficulty in breathing. What is the cause for it?
Vulvovaginal candidiasis refers to the infection of the vagina, accompanied by itching in the vulva. It is caused by a particular strand of yeast known as candida albicans. There are several reasons, which contribute to the onset of vulvovaginal candidiasis, some of them are:
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is a time when the body of a woman undergoes a plethora of changes. With the upsurge of certain hormones, this is also the most potent time when they tend to suffer from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Higher dose of estrogen: Estrogen is responsible for maturing the vagina as well as provides glycogen which facilitates the growth of candida albicans. Subsequently, older and younger women, who are less prone to estrogen disorder, suffer the least from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Uncontrolled diabetes: Those women who suffer from uncontrolled diabetes for a long period of time are more susceptible to vulvovaginal candidiasis. Although the accurate reason is yet to be known, according to research, the presence of excessive glucose in the blood triggers the production of yeast in the vulva and the vagina.
- Weak immune system: A strong immune system is a boon, which only few people enjoy. Consequently, the very reverse, a weak immune system is extremely fatal, one that invites several complications; vulvovaginal candidiasis being one of them.
- Stress: Excessive stress and exhaustion may also be considered as a probable reason that causes imbalance in your system.
- Hormone replacement therapy: Estrogen is commonly held as a possible culprit that causes vulvovaginal candidiasis. Therefore in those hormonal replacement therapies, where estrogen is artificially administered into the body significantly increases the risk of an impending vulvovaginal candidiasis.
In spite of its frequent occurrences, it is possible to treat this infection. Some of the ways by which it can be done are:
- Anti-fungal cream: Those creams, which negate the growth of fungus are, for obvious reasons considered as the most preferred choice to combat vulvovaginal candidiasis. There are plenty of anti-fungal creams available in the market, which can be misleading, therefore you must choose wisely.
- Diflucan: This medication works wonders in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis. This must be orally administered under the doctor's supervision to enjoy the results.