Find numerous Toxicologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Toxicologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Toxicologists online in Alwar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohd.Shad
Submit a review for Dr. Mohd.ShadYour feedback matters!
I got cold. What to do now? It is from past seven days. I was shivering and I also took medicine. Please advice me.
Why They are Needed?
The body produces its own antioxidant enzymes to keep free radicals under control. However, to produce sufficient quantities of these enzymes, it needs fuel in the form of antioxidant nutrients such as fresh fruits and vegetables.Dietary sources not always sufficient Unfortunately, few people nowadays consume sufficient quantities of these nutrients to boost their antioxidant defence systems. Not even a balanced diet guarantees the ideal intake of essential nutrients.
Research has shown that our fruit and vegetables no longer have the same nutritional value of those eaten by our elders some 50 years ago.
Changes in farming techniques have considerably lowered the nutrient contents of our crops. Fruit and vegetables normally are not quite fresh by the time we buy them. They are exposed to high temperatures during preparation, long storage, exposure to light and heat, incorrect freezing and preserving, all of which destroy some of the vitamin and mineral content.
A question of balance
Our diets not only lack sufficient antioxidant nutrients to support our natural defence systems, our lifestyles also lead to increased free radical production, creating an imbalance. As a result, the body?s antioxidant enzymes cannot always cope with all the free radicals that are produced, increasing our risk of disease.
The balance between your antioxidant intake and exposure to free radicals may literally be the balance between life and death. You may tip the scales in your favour by simple changes to your diet and antioxidant supplementation,
I am 61 years, retired spending time at home with grandchild. I am bronchitisis patient for so long and pulmonary embolisation twice once in 2012 and second in2014. I have mild prostrate complaint for which taking one tablet'afdura" daily. I am also hepatitis b positive, diagonosed 3-4 years back, but did not require any medication. My present problem is I am suffering from acute weakness, feeling empty stomach even after eating. The condition is getting worsened day by day. I think I sleep sound from 11 pm to 6 am, except for getting up once during night for urination. I have checked for thyroid, but negative. All other clinical/diagnostic tests are found to be normal. I frequently do suffer from mouth ulcers. An endoscopy was done and h-pyroli was detected for which two week's medicine-course was undertaken. Please Advise.
As much as you would like, an ice cream can't help you cool down in the scorching heat of this summer. Although one may argue that one feels just fine after an ice cream, the truth is that it's only temporary. Cooling foods are what you should have as they help to cool heat and cleanse toxins from the body.
Here are some of the foods that help cool down your body naturally:
1) Cucumber - Not surprisingly, being 'cool as a cucumber' actually holds true. Cucumbers are fruits that help keep the body hydrated. Keeping your body cool during hot days is vital to your health as it can help prevent a number of complications such as heat strokes and dehydration. Munching on cucumber slices and hummus is a good way to beat the heat and stay cool.
2) Watermelon - This quintessential beach fruit is yet another one which would help you beat the heat. This seasonal fruit acts like an internal air-conditioner, and is rich in water, helping in reducing body heat to a large extent while keeping you hydrated.
3) Peaches - Peaches are not only delicious but are very rich in vitamins A and C, which help in keeping your body cool. Besides, these vitamins also help in maintaining healthy skin and provide useful calories to the body.
4) Apples - Apples are fruits that help to fill you up and cool down your body at the same time. They contain about 4g of fiber and around 95 calories and are enriched with a soluble fiber called pectin, which stops hunger and helps in shedding weight.
5) Pineapple - Along with banana, cucumber, and some other fruits, pineapple helps to make a healthy smoothie. These ingredients have cooling properties, which hydrate the body and help to clear the heat. Also, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which reduces inflammation in the body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 5 Fruits That'll Help You Keep Your Cool This Summer