Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Alwar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anurag Gupta
Submit a review for Dr. Anurag GuptaYour feedback matters!
A light dull pain started in my left buttock thigh and a little in the calf ,the pain was not radiating but constant, 3 months ago. I google it and thought it was sciatica and started keeping my back straight all the time. Now the pain developed in my lower back and even standing or walking for a small time made it hurt so much. The back pain went away after 15 days but the pain in the back of my thigh ,calf and knee is still there. Also there is a reduction in muscle mass of thigh and calf, left leg gets tired easily, sometimes walking for a few distance helps but pain increases after some distance. Also standing for some time increases the pain. Pain is more pronounced in the back of the knee, calf and a little in thigh. Please help.
I am getting knee pain in my left leg. I get this pain when I keep my leg in angle or with sudden movement.
One of the most common ailments the elderly suffer from is arthritis. However, arthritis can affect people of all ages. It is a rheumatic disease as in, it affects joints and bones. It can be of many types and the term covers a number of inflammatory and non-inflammatory joint diseases. Some of the most well-known types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis, bone spurs, gout, and osteoarthritis.
The causes of arthritis have not been defined but there are a number of factors that increase a person's chances of getting it. Foremost amongst these is increasing age and excess weight. Arthritic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and lupus are said to be hereditary and linked to certain genes. Sometimes, injuries can also cause arthritic conditions. Misuse of steroids can also result in arthritis.
Here is a look at the most common symptoms of the disease :-
- Pain around the joints is the most well-known symptom of arthritis. Along with pain, you may also notice swollen or stiff joints.
- Increased body temperature around the affected joints and redness in the area is also a symptom of arthritis. These symptoms range from mild to severe, and can be constant or may come and go.
- Everybody suffers from occasional joint pains but if any of the above symptoms persist for a long duration, it is best to consult a doctor. The sooner you seek treatment, the easier it becomes to deal with arthritis. If left untreated for too long, arthritis can result in permanent joint damage.
While there is no single cure for arthritis, it can be effectively controlled if treated in time. Since the type and severity of arthritis differ from person to person, treatment for the same must also be tailored to the needs of the individual.
- Drugs for arthritis can be categorized as those that treat symptoms such as pain and stiffness, and those that suppress inflammatory conditions.
- In some cases, surgery may be advisable.
- Physical therapy and regular exercise are very important when dealing with arthritis.
- It is equally important to eat a healthy, nutritious and well-balanced diet. If you are overweight, try and lose the excess kilos.
- You must also look after your joints to ensure that there is no further degradation of bone or muscle tissue. Avoid staying in one position for a long time, and try and maintain a good posture.
These simple techniques can be very effective when dealing with all types of arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.