Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Allahabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SudhaYour feedback matters!
it was amazing....
I have no beard at all but I want it. How I grow beard fast on my face? There is any tonic or medicine for it?
When a particularly soft part of the foot suffers from too much pressure or friction, it can lead to the eruption of corns. This happens because the superficial tissues rise to the surface in order to prevent an internal injury and in time, they bear a hard coating which is basically a protective layer. When this protective layer develops a pointed structure right in the middle it is known as a corn. Let is find out more about the causes and treatment for the same.
Causes: A corn is basically a natural reaction of the skin to excessive friction as well as pressure. This is known as Hyperkeratosis. While these mainly appear on the hands and feet, they may get localised within the areas that appear to be under a lot of pressure. So why does this friction or pressure happen? The causes could range from tight fitting shoes to high heels as well as cramped footwear like combat boots, which are worn on a prolonged basis. Also, this friction may happen when a person wears shoes without socks too frequently. Further, people suffering from a condition known as hammertoes can also get corns. Finally, when you run, dance or jump bare feet on the sand or other hard surface for too long, you may develop corns.
Homeopathic medicines that help in fighting corns
- Antim Crudum: This homeopathy medicine can help when the feet are covered with too many corns which makes walking difficult. Also, it is the best medicine to treat corns that are too pointed and hard to touch. Further, it also helps those patients who are overweight which may cause pressure due to which these corns may erupt.
- Sulphur: When there is a burning pain that the patient experiences in the soles and the corns, then this condition can be treated with the help of sulphur which also ensures that the hard coating of corn quickly yields from the very first dose or application. This also helps those patients who find their feet sweating excessively due to the development of these corns.
- Ferrum Picric: This medicine can help patients when the corn becomes discoloured and affects the hue of the surrounding area as well.
- Lycopodium: When walking around with the corn causes a dull pain and persistent ache, then the patient can use this medicine. This medicine also helps in treating symptoms like pain in the heels when the patient steps on something hard.
- Silicea: When the corn is still soft, the best homeopathic medicine for this condition is Silicea which also helps in treating symptoms like icy cold feet and pus formation in the corns.
Using homeopathy can take a while to show results but the treatment is generally long term.
I'm male 25 age on my face facial hair not grown yet. Is there any medications to treat it. Please help me with this.
I used many creams, fash wash for fairness but nothing happens. I used hydroquinone 2% and ayurvedic remedies. What should I do for fairness, excessive oil also from face sometimes.
I have been diagnosed with severe Urticaria. I have taken all allergic English medicines but of no use. Steroid medicines give some relief. Please suggest some Ayurvedic medicines fir com pleat cure.
I am 23 old female. I have open pores due to the acne. How to get rid of this. Please suggest me. Me too want a smoother face without pores. It will give confidence to me. Plz.
Ageing is the only inevitable truth. However, it does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. Skin loses collagen as you grow older and collagen is the element in your skin which keeps your skin tight and firm when you are young. Loss of collagen leads to skin sagging.
The causes behind ageing of skin can be both extrinsic as well as intrinsic. The main classifications of the causes are:
- Biological: This is an intrinsic factor which relies on the genes of the body and hence, it is out of our control. Naturally, with age, the regenerating capabilities of your body gradually lose pace due to the various hormonal changes that occur over time. A healthy lifestyle can go a long way in helping your skin look as young as possible.
- Environmental: Being an extrinsic factor, environmental factors that cause the skin to age can be controlled. Some of these factors, such as pollution, harmful rays of the sun, stress and unfavourable weather conditions are capable of damaging the skin. Sun exposure i.e. exposure to the UV rays of the sun, is deemed to be the primary reason behind skin ageing.
- Mechanical: Repeated behaviour over an extended period of time, such as frowning, squinting, smiling, etc., can cause grooves to be formed on the skin. These grooves may be permanent and hence, contribute to ageing skin.
How do you treat it?
A holistic approach is extremely vital for the treatment as well as control of ageing skin. The quality and features of skin differ among individuals and hence, the needs of the skin will vary too. Due to this reason, depending on the skin types and needs of the person, the skin care routine needs to be specialised and focussed.
To facilitate a specialised approach to ageing skin, a thorough analysis would be conducted by the dermatologists to understand what the skin needs and accordingly, diagnose the causes and symptoms of ageing skin. The diagnosis will allow the dermatologist to estimate the severity of the skin problem. This analysis will help the doctors to determine the adequate approach to address the ageing skin. A combination of services and technologies would be recommended based on the analysis. This combination would incorporate methods such as collagen building (with foods such as berries and dark green veggies), micro derma peels and skin tightening, as well as effective home skin care products which can be used to boost the skin’s beauty. The proposed approach would work to fill wrinkles, boost collagen and tighten sagging skin to make the skin look as natural as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.