Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Allahabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. ShashankYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, I'm suffering with vertigo and sunsuits problem since 2 weeks and I'm also having High blood pressure. My problem is I can't feeling my body and While walking I feel that I'm going to fall and disequilibrium floor and unable to do work or car driving. Note: Two months back I suffered with Viral fever too many antibiotics had given to me since then I became so week n before that I loose weight about 25kgs.
Sir. I am 56 years old. Nakse paani aur cheenk atha Citregen 1 tab khanese 2-4 days normal rahetha. Dust aur fan se aisa hora. please advice me.
Hi. My age is 27 yrs. Snoring is my problem since past few months. I dont know how my room mates have adjusted to it but its really very noisy as if there is some blockage is what they say. Can you please give me some tips.
IM' NOW 38 my height is 5.7 feet my weight is 78 now I want to reduce my weight as soon as possible because of that I snoring very heavily even eating less I put on weight so pls suggest which is the effective way to reduce weight and stop snoring.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Sir I'm suffering from throat related problems like tonsils. I am taking medicines but there is still problem left. Do I have to go for thyroid test .pls suggest.
Sir, I am suffering from pain in my ear. When I were going to a river my ear pain suddenly start and now I am not able to hear clearly. Sir, what should I have to do to get relief from this pain. Please, sir give me some advice to get relief from this pain.
My throat is choked, paining and I can't speak properly. No coughing. Should I take antibiotic like augumentin or just gargle and wait for things to settle?
Hi. Every now and then I feel mild imbalance as if I am not still or my leg are rocking. The episode increases when I start getting tired (like when I am standing and working for sometime) and then sometime I also get headache/ eyes get heavy along with it. I relax, take a cup of tea or coffee and it almost goes away. This does not happen when I get up in the morning but as day passes. I have anemia taking daily iron and bilateral eardrum perforation (for few years now). What could be the reason and what should be done.
I get gradual headache and throat infection. It gets cured after consulting a doctor and taking antibiotics. Bt after a couple of days it starts again. Can you please tell me the reason and the solution for it.
My wife is feeling weak and often dizzy since last month. We saw a general physician who said it was just low bp. But more often than not, I think its a symptom of a bigger problem. What should we do?
Hi I 24 years old, I have nose block problem (left side heavy).From last 1 year, once left side get, right side will get blocked, I have visited so many doctors till now, but I didnt get solution, I lost believe, so please can any body advise on it.
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection. It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.
Kindly take any ayurvedic medicine under supervision of an experienced ayurvedic doctor.