Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Allahabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P. K. Srivastava
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. P. K. SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
Am afraiding too much. If I see handsome white with good personality male guys am getting mood. Its ambarisng me. What I have to do. Is there any affect on my future I want to lead good future and I want children. My sperm count also less. Wt I have to do. Nw am btech final year if am studying bad ideas is coming in to my eyes. Am nt concentrating on my studies. Help me. Am in dangerzone. Briefly give me the answer what I have to do for this. I want good future.
I have -4 eye sight for both eyes. One of my relatives said me that. A baaba gives medicine and it will go. Is there any medicine through which eye sight can be removed?
Sir my age is 18yrs. My eyes are weak that the glasses no. Is -3.00. I want to wear contact lenses. So told me of this have any sideeffect. Or not. And tell me about lack or laser.
6 I've always been clumsy, but over the last year I have started dropping things constantly. Is something wrong? chronic diarrhea and/or constipation.
Hi Please suggest me best eye drops for eye infection due to heavy dust now im using I boric eye drops but no use.
I am working in IT company. So I use to work in PC some time I fill like pain in my eyes. Are this is the symptoms of Inc. In eye site.
The eyes are very delicate and highly vulnerable to injuries from outside environment. Eye care is very important, as some eye problems can lead to complete loss of vision. Ayurveda believes that optimal eye health is a balance between the tridoshas namely, Vata, pitta, and Kapha. An imbalance between these three can lead to eye diseases, triggered by the following:
- Prolonged straining of the eyes
- Daytime sleeping and prolonged nighttime awakening
- Exposure to environmental pollutants and dust
- Head injuries
- A cold water bath after extreme stressful exercise or being in the hot weather
Some of the common eye problems include:
- Dry eyes
- Dark circles
- Tired eyes
- Eye infections
Dry eyes: Though there is no constant flow of tears, the eyes are always covered by a thin layer of tears which covers the eyes. These reduces irritation, lubricates the eyes, and keeps it free of dirt. Reduced amounts of tears can lead to eye irritation and increased chances of infection.
- Two spoons of triphala powder can be added to water, boiled, and once cool, honey can be added before consuming it. This can be consumed on a daily basis to improve eye health.
- Castor leaves can be boiled in water, and once cooled, a cotton ball can be dipped in this and then applied on the eyes.
Tired eyes: Prolonged straining, allergies, fatigue, and reduced oxygen supply to the eyes can cause tired eyes.
- Try washing the eyes with plain water as much as possible
- Try yoga asanas which will improve the blood flow to the eyes (standing on the head, for instance)
- Freshly cut slice of cucumber can be placed on the eyes
- Cotton dipped in rose water can be used on the eyes to provide a soothing effect
- Rest the eyes well by providing 7 to 8 hours of rest
Dark circles: Caused by sun exposure, age, allergies, lack of sleep, hereditary, fatigue, asthma, etc.
- Avoid use of bleach as they do not help in removing dark circles
- Include a well-balanced diet
- Use a light moisturiser and use light motion to improve the blood circulation
- Avoid scratching under the eye region
- Remove the cause of allergies, fatigue, etc.
Pink eye: Most common infection caused by viruses, bacteria, dust, or pollen.
- Avoid repeatedly touching the eyes with hands
- Frequently wash hands with plain water
- Avoid sharing eye cosmetics with others
- Frequently change pillow covers and wash them in warm water with salt or soda
- Learn to take care of contact lenses.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!