Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Allahabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manish RajYour feedback matters!
My few teeth are damage around 5, I have insurance in my company is this applicable to claim. And also am get blood in my teeth can you suggest what can we do.
My mother Sushila is having problem in her teeth from last 15 years, sometimes it is bleeding in her teeth, she is very miser that's the reason she never went to the doctor can you suggest me what can happen if there will be regular bleeding in her teeth?
Hello My teeth are yellowish color and having gaps in my teeth Gaps for teeth are for each and every front teeth I want a doctor to fill the gaps and change the color of my teeth to white
Constantly I am feeling salty taste in my tongue it irritating me to take food please advice .What is remedy.
I am 17 year old boy. The front and the back part of my teeth are getting yellow and blackish. What should I do?
My gums are bleeding. But when I have a close look there's nothing! Im not sure why is it happening. When I wake up in the morning I spit a mixture of blood and saliva with an bad odour from my mouth. Even if I brush, the freshness lasts only for a few hours. Please help.
I am suffering from an ulcer all around in my mouth from 3 days. I have tried different way to get rid out of it but I can what should I do?
Sir I brush regularly but still I have foul smelling even after brushing. I also used mouth wash and sensoform paste including sensodent. Kindly suggest.
How do I know that my teeth and gums are healthy? I do not have any problem right now in my teeth and is tooth pastes (pepsodent, colgate etc) helps in improving teeth and gums heath or they are just for refreshing the mouth?
I have a problem in my gums and teeth. They start bleeding when ever I eat hard food and I also feel pain in my teeth.
I am suffering from ulcer in the tongue. It has became very difficult to eat any spicy food and not getting the tase of the food. Pls suggest me any kind of remedy.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.