Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in allahabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Orbital & Optic Nerve Decompression Procedure
Laser Cataract Surgery
Optical Coherence Tomography (Oct) Treatment
High End Cso Slit Lamp Procedure
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Leg Length Inequality
Reduced Vision Treatment
Computed Corneal Topography Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Visual Field Testing
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Lid Surgery
Patient Review Highlights
My eye site -. 75 for right one and -. 50 for left one. So what should I do to improve and avoid lenses so I can clear medical test in some fields.
I have rough area over my eyelids which are itchy from last 3-4 yrs. My brother has psoriasis in his legs. Is this the same. What should I do?
I am suffering from uveitis. Currently taking Pred Forte and Cyclopent? Doctors said that this is the only solution available for the current condition. Please advise.
I am 23 years old male. I am suffering from eye infection i. E. Swollen eyelid. I am suffering from last 3 months. Eyelid counts also very small. Please suggest what to do.
I have lot of pain I'm my eyes, ears, legs, stomach, headache, teeth please tell me what do doctor no relive from my pains tell me what to do.?
Hi, My eyes are very light sensitive. Everytime I step in sunlight my eyes start watering. Please suggest what I can do to solve this problem.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used removelcrem but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I have perfect eyesight but still sometimes it is difficult to see properly and eyes become red with lots of pain.
I have red eyes for over 8 days because I would like to see irritation in my eyes as it was bruieee by my sister.
I have an eyesight, bt I want to apply for defense, so can you please inform me how to reduce eyesight or which kind of operation that is required that is not rejected by defense services.
I am suffering from keratoconus .using hard lens (rgp) but very uncomfortable to use I want to get cured . please help.
Night blindness is also called nyctalopia.It's a type of vision impairment. People with night blindness experience poor vision at night or in dimly lit environments. It is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem, usually a retina problem.
What Causes Night Blindness?
A number of eye conditions can cause night blindness, including:
- Nearsightedness or blurred vision when looking at faraway objects.
- Cataracts or clouding of the eye's lens.
- Retinitis pigmentosa, which occurs when dark pigment collects in your retina and creates tunnel vision.
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Zinc Deficiency
- Dry Eyes
Are the Symptoms of Night Blindness?
The sole symptom of night blindness is difficulty seeing in the dark. You're more likely to experience night blindness when your eyes transition from a bright environment to an area of low light, such as when you leave a sunny sidewalk to enter a dimly lit restaurant. You're likely to experience poor vision when driving due to the intermittent brightness of headlights and streetlights on the road.
How can I Prevent Night Blindness?
You can't prevent night blindness that's the result of birth defects or genetic conditions, such as Usher syndrome. You can, however, properly monitor your blood sugar level and eat a balanced diet to make night blindness less likely.
Orange colored foods are excellent sources of vitamin A, including:
- Sweet potatoes
- Butternut squash
What are the Treatment Options for Night Blindness?
The treatment will depend on its causes.
- Nutrient deficiency (Vitamin A and Zinc) is the easiest to treat.
- If the cause is cataract, you can go for cataract surgery to remove the clouded lens and replace it with artificial intraocular lens. Vision is usually dramatically improved after surgery.
- For dry eye syndrome, lubricate your eyes with artificial tear drops as they provide instant relief. Just make sure that they are without preservatives.
- Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented with tight control over blood sugar, active lifestyle and good dietary habits.
- As for retinitis pigmentosa, unfortunately there are no treatments available. Thankfully, new research is showing that vitamin A might have a slowing effect on the progression of this eye disease.