Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Allahabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jitendra
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JitendraYour feedback matters!
I am asking on behalf of my mother whose age is 58 years. She is having tooth pain but due to high sugar and pain , doctor is not ready to pluck the bad tooth right now. As a pain killer she Is taking oxalgin DP . My concern is that is it harmful for her health or she can take this medicine for some time ? Thanks in advance.
Everybody desires to possess a beautiful smile but poor lifestyle and dietary habits tend to damage the natural white hue of your teeth and add a yellowish tinge to it. Yellowish and dull teeth are among the major factors that cause embarrassment and affect the quality of your beautiful smile.
The following are some foods that tend to damage your teeth:
1. Potato chips- Potato chips are high in starch content and have the tendency to get stuck in your teeth. Floss thoroughly after eating potato chips to ensure effective removal of the food particles that get stuck in your teeth to lessen the risk of plaque build-up in it.
2. Sticky food- Food which is sticky in nature often has the tendency to stick on to your teeth for longer than most other foods. Most dried fruits also fall under the category of sticky foods that can damage your teeth to a great extent. Rinse and floss on a regular basis after eating these foods to ensure protection of your teeth against damage.
3. Wine- According to studies, wine has positive effect on your health when consumed moderately; however, it is also responsible for damaging your oral health. If you intake a glass of wine at night on a regular basis, it increases the risk of damaging your tooth enamel and leads to its discoloration. Wine can also affect the calcium content of your teeth, cause bad breath and may result in the imbalance of your mouth's pH level. It is advisable to drink small sips of wine without swishing it for a long time.
4. Coffee and black tea- Black tea and caffeinated coffee tend to dry your mouth. Frequent consumption of tea and coffee tend to stain your teeth and it is responsible for the discoloration of your teeth. Make it a point to drink plenty of water to minimize the risk of teeth staining.
5. Carbonated drinks- Most carbonated drinks, including diet soda and soft drinks are acidic in composition and therefore, harmful for the health of your teeth. Caffeinated beverages tend to dry out the mouth, therefore, ensure to drink adequate water to balance out the negative impact of the caffeine.
6. Sports drinks- Most energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sugar content and thus, have the tendency to damage your oral hygiene; ultimately affecting the appearance of your teeth. Replace your sports drinks with fresh natural juice to lessen the risk of teeth damage.
I want to fix my gap teeth [ upper teeth] and its non extraction case. Kindly,let me know the average cost of:ceramic braces in hyderabad dental clinics. Is ceramic braces gives permanent result. Basically I want cheap & good quality clinic. My budget for ceramic braces is: 20,000 INR.
Hello sir, I am 21 year old belongs to bhopal. I am a male. I have a problem with my mouth. Its giving smell badly when I talk to other. My friend always complain me for this smell so what should I do for removing this type of smells please give me some advice.
Lingual braces is good for overjet treatment .how much does it cost in delhi? Ceramic vs lingual which can give me more effective result?
Recently I had teeth problem. My jaw was blooding after eating something hard. I was using some medicine from medical but still result is same blood not stopping. Please suggest some medicine or doctor specialist.
Crooked teeth pull down a child's morale in a big way. It not just impacts their chewing and looks, but also makes oral hygiene practices difficult for the child and the parent. Orthodontic treatment, which may involve removing a couple of teeth and realigning the other teeth is very popular to correctly align these teeth.
The entire process of this treatment starting from initial visits to diagnosis to completing treatment to follow-up is a prolonged one. While the time with the dentist is quite significant, the time for the child to adjust to the braces and come to terms with the new 'thing' in their mouth is also quite taxing.
This requirement of time followed by need of adjustment time makes summer the ideal time to get braces for the children. Read on to understand a little more on the same:
- Time/Scheduling: The summer holidays gives children enough time to make the numerous visits without having to affect their school routine. The child and the parent have to make numerous visits to the dentist, the initial oral examination, getting radiographs done, moulds done, removal of teeth if required, checking for their healing, getting the braces in place, and follow-up visits for adjustments. In addition, on the child's side, they need sufficient time to heal from the teeth removal, get used to the presence of the metallic braces (in most cases) in their mouth, and get used to the new oral care methods. Another thing to consider also is the proximity of the dental clinic and the availability of the orthodontist. Most clinics schedule the orthodontist visit on one day of the week to cover all cases. Also, most children are in their early or late teens when they go for braces and are therefore in important stages of their academics. Therefore, summer becomes the best time to go for braces without affecting the schedule.
- Oral Care: Having braces requires extra care from the child to learn oral hygiene measures. The braces make it easy for food particles to remain on the teeth, increasing chances of decay and gum disease. The child needs to make a conscious effort to keep this clean as developing decay during the treatment complicates the whole scene. Therefore, summer gives the ample time required to get used to the oral care routine.
- Safety: Children with braces who are into sports should start using mouth-guards to protect them from injury during contact sports. Again, summer is a time to indulge in sports, and this will give the child adequate time to adjust to the use of mouth-guards.
All these make summer the ideal time to go for orthodontic treatment.