Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in ALLAHABAD. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip ChaurasiaYour feedback matters!
When I go for toilet some type of wet liquid are coming when I complete my urine, its from last 5 year.
I have burning sensation in urine specially when I mix littlebot chilly in vegetables why. I feel fatigue also.
My mom are facing problem of kidney stone, diabetes and high BP problem please suggest some good diet.
I have a single kidney by birth. Does this will create a problem while conceiving? what problems will I face.
Diabitic since 2001 .Taking Gelvas 50-500 Amaryl 1M, Ecospirin v75, Tezloc H, Flodart plus for D.M,heart, Microalbumin in urine and prostate problems.
I am a ca rectum patient. I am quite often suffering from stomach ailment viz. Acidity, constipation, loose motion and diarrhea etc. I was operated on 2009 30th january at aiims Delhi. I have a fixed stoma at left side. It occurred from fistula. I am using colostomy bag reusable with belt. It is very difficult to maintain. My spouse use to tell me that you are a patient. I have completely lost my biological need. I do not know how to revive? My spouse very much annoyed about this issue. Kindly help me aforesaid both the issues. Beside these the other problem is colostomy bag maintaining often it use to leak. I could not sleep properly as I have the tension it may leak and wet my cloth. With regards, P. Basu.
The kidneys are small organs that filter about 200 liters of water each day, removing out about 2 liters of toxins and wastes in a water medium as urine. In addition to maintaining the fluid levels in the body, they also produce hormones that regulate blood pressure, produce red blood cells, and play a vital role in maintaining bone health. Any problem with the kidney, infection or otherwise, can lead to its improper functioning, causing damaging results on the rest of the body organs.
While the bad news is that most diseases from infections to diabetes to hypertension and cancer have an adverse effect on the kidneys, there are signs that can be watched out for, which can indicate a problem with the kidneys and so further damage prevented. Read on to know some of the most common symptoms of kidney disease and how further progression can be prevented.
- Change in urination process: Any change in the process of urination should be a warning for a test. It could be change in color or the appearance of the urine, painful urination, burning on urination, difficulty to start and stop a stream, or too frequent or infrequent urinations. These are usually the first symptoms of kidney disease and should be an alarm to get a kidney function test done. If you have hypertension or a strong family history of kidney disease, then getting a simple urine test to check optimal kidney function is definitely mandated. These could indicate conditions like infection, diabetes, kidney failure, or other conditions which can all be identified with further testing and then treated accordingly. The progress of the disease can be halted, which can help improve overall quality of life.
- Fatigue, loss of energy: As noted above, impaired kidney function leads to other organs being affected and buildup of toxins in the body. There is also anemia which sets in due to decrease in red blood cells and therefore reduced overall energy levels, loss of sleep, and fatigue.
- Swollen eyes, feet, and ankles: Reduced kidney function leads to fluid accumulation, sodium retention, loss of protein, which all lead to swollen eyes and ankles and feet. These are easy to identify and should ring a bell to get checked for kidney functions.
- Muscle cramps: Improper electrolyte levels can affect muscle functioning, leading to painful cramps. Along with changes in the process of urination, this should be an indication of underlying kidney disease.
Keep a track of any above mentioned problems as they can help in saving not just the kidneys but all the vital organs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
I am S L E patient since last 26 years and on steroids presently i am suffering from lupus nephritis and I am taking omnacortil 40 mg and azoran 100 mg per day. What is the way to increase immunity of my body
Urinary incontinence, commonly known as loss of bladder control can really cause embarrassment. The severity of this condition may range from once in a while leaky urine to the sudden and forceful urge to urinate, due to which you end up urinating before reaching the toilet.
Types of Urinary Incontinence:
- Stress Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate due to sneezing, coughing, laughing or while doing physical exercise
- Urge Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate, suddenly. This may occur during the day and even at night.
- Functional Incontinence: When you cannot reach the toilet on time because of a physical or mental impairment.
- Mixed Incontinence: When you involuntarily urinate due to more than one incontinence
Stress incontinence is the most common type in women. The activities which increase your risk, are:
You have had more than one pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
You have pelvic prolapse. This is when your bladder, urethra, or rectum slide into the vagina. Delivering a baby can cause nerve or tissue damage in the pelvic area. This can lead to pelvic prolapse months or years after delivery.
Female urinary stress incontinence is the involuntary release of urine during any physical activity that puts pressure on your bladder. This potentially embarrassing condition differs from general incontinence in that it happens when the body is under immediate physical stress. Activities that can put stress on your bladder include coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting heavy objects, or bending over. This condition is particular to women, many of whom experience symptoms after muscles have been weakened due to a vaginal childbirth, following menopause, or during pregnancy.
Ensure that you consult a doctor:
- If this condition hinders your day to day activities
- If the urinary incontinence is the result of a serious underlying problem
Causes of Urinary Incontinence:
Urinary incontinence may be temporary or permanent. Causes for temporary incontinence are-
- Caffeine and caffeinated drinks
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Spicy and sugary foods
- High intake of Vitamin B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Causes for Permanent Incontinence are:
- Old age
- Prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Neurological disorders
Chronic urinary incontinence can lead to certain complications like:
- Skin Problems: Skin rashes and infections can develop around the vaginal area, because of the constant wetness one feels. It may also cause sores.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Urinary incontinence can also result in UTI
- Impact on Personal and Social Life: Urinary incontinence can lead to great embarrassment, thus affecting the social and personal life of an individual.
Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence:
There are several types of treatment available. Treatment options include lifestyle changes, medications, nonsurgical treatments, and surgeries.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make regular trips to the restroom to reduce the chance of urine leakage. Drink fewer fluids and avoid activities such as jumping and running.
- Medications: Medications that reduce bladder contractions.
- Nonsurgical Treatments: Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic muscles. Done regularly, these exercises can strengthen your muscles, allowing you to control when urine is released from your body.
If other treatments fail, you will have to go for surgical treatment. Types of surgery include:
- injectable therapy, in which collagen is injected into your urethra to reduce incontinence
- tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery, in which mesh is placed around the urethra to give it support
- vaginal sling surgery, in which a sling is placed around the urethra to support it
- anterior or para-vaginal vaginal repair surgery to repair a bladder that is bulging into the vaginal canal
- retropubic suspension surgery to move the bladder and urethra back into their normal positions
Some doctors even try electrical stimulation and medication. When the condition is highly advanced interventional therapies and surgery is recommended.
Some interventional therapies are:
- Bulking material injections
- Botulinum toxin Type-A
- Nerve stimulators
Mere urine bhut din se light yellowish colour k ho rha hai Kyo ho rha hai aap please btaye aur koi medicine bhi btaye uske treatment k liye.
I have 3 calculi in my left kidney size 2mm, 3.5mm and 4 mm, one in lower cylax and 2 in mid cylax, please prescribe some homeopathic treatment.
I am having constipation since 1 day and I can't have toilet easily and also having little stomach pain since yesterday. please tell me what should I do.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition, which is born due to an imbalance of hormones within the female body. When this happens, the female body faces anumber of problems as far as her periods or menstrual cycles goes, besides finding it difficult to conceive naturally and easily. Let us find out more about this condition.
PCOS and hormones
To begin with, let us understand what hormones are. These are chemical impulses that send messages to various parts of the brain and rest of the body to signal the release of other kinds of hormones that may be vital for various functions. In PCOS, it is normally seen that the sex hormones are thrown out of balance, due to which the ovaries start producing a small dose of some male hormones. This creates problems as far as ovulation is concerned and also, it gives rise to the growth of facial hair, acne and changes in the overall appearance of the patient. Insulin resistance is another cause that may also trigger PCOS. It is also an inherited issue in many cases.
From irregular periods to an increase in acne and facial hair, there are many symptoms that may point at the existence of this condition. Fertility problems and issues related to normal ovulation are also often seen in women who are suffering from this condition due to the irregular periods. Additionally, depression may be seen in many patients who are suffering from this condition on a chronic basis. Thinning of hair and excess weight gain with difficulty in losing extra pounds may also be indicative of PCOS.
The diagnosis of PCOS is usually done with the help of a physical examination as well as a blood test that will primarily help in determining the sugar levels and insulin. The doctor will also conduct other hormone tests so as to understand which hormones are not in balance and which ones may be triggering changes in the body. Apart from all this, the doctor will also study the body mass index (BMI) of the patient to find out if there has been a sudden and drastic change on the weight of the patient. During the lab tests, where the blood and urine are examined, the doctor will also seek to rule out any anomalies in the thyroid gland. An ultrasound of the ovaries will also be conducted.
Weight loss programs as well as diet tweaks that remove excess dairy and meat may be recommended by the doctor. Further, the doctor may also put the patient on birth control pills so as to bring better balance of hormones. Moreover, moderate exercise will be required for the patient so that the normal production of hormones may be resumed eventually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.