Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Alappuzha and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Management of Oral Prophylaxis
Pedodontics (Children Dentistry)
Orthodontic Alignment Procedure
Jaw Reshaping Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeeve S PillaiYour feedback matters!
I am getting bad smell through my mouth while speaking kindly suggest suitable medicine to avoid smells.
I have a problem after I sleep water is coming into my mouth. How the control it. Any home tips. Suggest me?
My friend having severe mouth odour once undergone treatment and replace sum part of teeth with cement even though unable to control please suggest some remedies.
I am 23 year old and I have jaw lock because of chewing tobacco, I can't open mouth properly, give me solution for that.
My mother aged 64 yrs having problem of ulcers in her mouth since 4 months. Kindly suggest medicines.
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums.